Objective: Share Hiring Best Practices so you can evaluate your own internal process and determine if process improvements are needed.
• Effective Hiring Process
• Employment Branding Opportunities
• Employee Retention
Effective Hiring Process
• No matter what business you’re in or the size of your company, your success or failure depends on the quality of your staff.
• The Hiring Process includes everything from writing the job description to conducting interviews to choosing the best candidates.
Well defined – Does everyone know their role, requirements of the job, understand the process?
Sustainable – Can the process be sustained long-term or is too complicated?
Measurable – What metrics are in place to measure effectiveness?
Key Steps in the Hiring Process
• Determine the need to hire a new employee
• Conduct a thorough job analysis
• Write a job description based on the job analysis
• Determine the salary for the position
• Decide what resources to use to find candidates
• Review applications and resumes and identify top candidates
• Interview most qualified candidates
• Check references
• Hire the best candidate
To read more please click the attachment below called "Best Hiring Practices CSIA.
Here is a link to download the recording for posting on the CSIA website:
> Download: Best Practices – Can You afford the cost of a bad hire?