13600 Industrial Park Blvd
Minneapolis, MN 55441
Product Development Engineer
Senior Product Development Engineering Manager to lead and direct all new product development initiatives for the business unit to fulfill market positioning, regulatory, safety, new technology, and performance requirements by following the Daikin new technology (NTI) and product introduction (NPI) processes and disciplines.
Daikin Applied is interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor employment-based visas
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (prefer BSME or MSME)
· 10+ years New Product Development experience, with demonstrated subject matter expertise in one or more relevant HVAC technical disciplines
· 6+ years leading/managing a New Product Development Teams; including hiring, employee development, managing subordinate managers, project planning, and coordination in a matrixed organization
· Demonstrated technology/feature/product/cost/quality development capability & technical leadership
· Familiarity with HVAC requirements of relevant Industry standards and regulations – AHRI, NEC, UL, ISO, DOE, EPA, and CFR (preferred)
· Effective leverage of Simulation and Modeling resources: CFD, FEA, MatLab, and Thermal Systems
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
o Direct activities to develop new products, modify existing designs, improve production techniques, and institute effective process disciplines and procedures.
o Plan, manage, and delegate project resource requirements, schedules, and task activities.
o Resolve problems using solutions that involve new techniques, technologies, or concepts.
o Analyze technology trends and market demand to plan projects.
o Broad application of business principles: personnel supervision and performance management, cost center management, organizational functional roles and accountabilities, product development process, and decision making.
o Effective application of engineering excellence processes and techniques (DFMEA, PFMEA, DOE, DVP&R, boundary diagrams, DFM/A, Technical Design Reviews, fault tree and risk assessment, SCRUM, etc.)
o Forecast operating costs of department and directs preparation of budget requests.
o Advise management of emerging factors affecting: profit, schedule, costs, or customer relations.
o Provide direction and administer Company policies and procedures to engineering activities.
o Maintain a working knowledge of safety policies and regulations to ensure duties of self and others are performed in a safe manner.
o Modest travel required, including international.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
· Project Management – Develops project plans, coordinates projects, communicates changes and progress. Completes projects on time and budget. Manages project team activities.
· Leadership – Exhibits confidence in self and others. Inspires and motivates others to perform well. Inspires respect and trust. Accepts feedback from others and provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates. Gives appropriate recognition to others, displays passion and optimism.
· Managing People – Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement. Takes responsibility for subordinates’ activities. Makes self available to staff. Provides regular performance feedback. Develops subordinates’ skills and encourages growth. Fosters quality focus in others. Improves processes, products and services. Continually works to improve supervisory skills.
· Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality. Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
· Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment. Manages competing demands. Changes approach or method to best fit the situation. Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
· Motivation – Sets and achieves challenging goals. Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles. Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.