Expert Advisor, Texas Instrument Expert Advisor Panel
This resume has been forwarded to you at the request of Monster User xnerx03
pulled, lvm and emailed for l3
Abu Hossain Last updated: 09/01/15
Job Title: no specified
Company: no specified
Rating: no specified
Screening score: no specified
Status: no specified
5200 Henderson RD.
CiderMill Apt # 603
Bethlehem, PA 18020
Contact Preference: Email
Quick View Links:
Resume Headline: AbuHossain Resume Value: iu7fkfijebjkfm9x
ABU SHAHADAT HOSSAIN
4207 Bedford Drive, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania 18020, USA
email@example.com, 610-704-4200 (Cell)
Master of Applied Science in Electrical Engineering 2006
University of Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Bachelor of Science in Electrical & Electronic Engineering1991
Major in Electrical and Electronic Engineering
Rajshahi University of Engineering and Technology, Rajshahi, Bangladesh
Circuits and Electronics January 3rd, 2013
Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) through EDX
Solar Cells, Fuel Cells & Batteries December 31st, 2012
Stanford University through Class2Go
Control of Mobile Robots March 25, 2013
Georgia Institute of Technology’s online offering
Introduction to Power Electronics December 23rd, 2013
The University of Colorado Boulder’s online offering
Solar Energy December 5th, 2013
Delft University of Technology, Netherlands through EDX
• Power Electronics and Control: Inverter, Active filters, AC/DC locomotive drives, DC-DC converter, PWM, Phase controller, Cyclo-converter, SVC, STATCOM, UPFC, VFD, IGBT, MOSFET, GTO, SCR and gate driver.
• Power System: Switchgear, Relays, Substations, transformer, power system modeling, stability and control, SCADA, IEC61850, DNP, Modbus, fault diagnostics and recovery strategy.
• Firmware Development: Control algorithm, logic (PI, PID, non-linear), peripheral drivers, boot loader, lower layer communication protocol, fault-tolerance, and diagnostics.
• Processors and Peripherals: TMS320F2808, TMS320F28335, F28M35H52C1, P1012/21, MC 68336 and MPC 5554, Xilinx FPGAs and ALTERA FPGAs and CPLD.
• Firmware Tools and Programming language: Matlab, Simulink, Stateflow, Pspice, Labview, AutoCad, VHDL, C, C++ , AC800M PLC and OPAL-RT.
• Development and debugging tools: LMS tools, KoCos, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, high-voltage probe, rogowski coil, other sensors and DAC systems.
Senior Development Engineer January 2010-Present
ABB Inc., Distribution Automation (Research and Development), Bethlehem, PA, USA
• Manage a R&D team (Firmware and Control) of 12 engineers to New Product Initiation (NPI) projects.
• Support in developing UPS and UPD. Design and developed Hbridge circuit, analog and digital circuit, control logic for controlling High-voltage OVR actuators and Battery Management System, AC-DC converter, DC-DC Buck and Boost converter for UPS.
• Develop firmware for TMS320F28015 and code for ALTERA CPLD and FPGA
• Responsible for providing analysis, design, development, implementation and support for Protection, Control and Automation products,
• Act as a principal investigator in developing solutions, and preparing related recommendations and reports,
• Designing and developing complex models/simulations and applying advanced computer programs, analytical techniques, control strategies to meet requirements and resolve problems, and
• Creating innovative solutions for analyzing, producing, distributing and storing information needed for distribution power system applications.
Lead Control Engineer (Power Electronic) April 2007-December 2009
General Electric Infrastructure (Transportation), Erie, PA, USA
• Develop an integrated testing environment for testing Trip Optimizer and Tunnel Detection System of a locomotive.
• Control System design for alternator, induction motor, battery charge controller,
• Research and develop new AC-DC converter, AC-AC cyclo-converter, plant (motor, converter, transformer, filters, load, LS reactor) dynamics, control logic, analog/digital control board, snubber, heat sink, gate drive, analog/digital filters, sensors and application software,
• To perform above tasks the following software and tools are being used :
1. For control parameter tuning, develop control prototype model by using matlab, simulink, stateflow and C++; generate code by using RTW, load on control board and simulate control logic on plant model by using Opal-RT distributed simulation environments.
2. Analyze plant dynamics ((motor, alternator, battery charger, actuators, sensors, filters) by using both transfer function (frequency domain) and state-space (time domain) for plant’s linear and non-linear characteristics by using matlab, simulink and C/C++.
3. Develop plant model by using Simulink and SimPowerSystems, NI data acquisition systems and RT-Lab synchronization library.
4. Use QNX real-time operating systems for target processors and RT-Lab for HITL distributed simulation environments and Labview for HMI.
• Implement diagnostic manager, fault-tolerant, remote monitoring, auto-recovery and reset logic on various panel,
• Follow-up with parts suppliers about quality, reliability and future improvement and help suppliers to develop their test and manufacturing environment,
• DFMEA, Design Scorecard, traceable matrix for locomotive control boards, and
• Write specification, testing and validation plan for manufacturing and reliability.
Adjunct Professor August 2008-December 2009
Gannon University, Erie, Pennsylvania, USA
• Teach Power Electronics and Drive Systems course, supervised students for projects and laboratory work.
• Research and develop rapid development platform by using Matlab and TI CCS v3.3. Developed Induction Motor Control logic on Spectrum Digital F2808 eZdsp by using Simulink, Embedded Coder Toolbox, RTW, and TI CCS.
(NSERC, Canadian Research Chair and EAR Award assisted Project) 2004-2007
800 King Edward Ave., PARADISE Research Lab., University of Ottawa, Ontario
• Research and develop Algorithm, model, application software for Tele-haptic Collaborative Virtual Environments,
• Optimization and simulation using C/C++, Java, Matlab/simulink and RTW, and
• Demonstrated research projects to PARADISE lab visitors.
Teaching Assistant 2003-2004
800 King Edward Ave University of Ottawa, Ontario
• Digital and Analog circuit Design by PSpice and MAX+,
• Distributed Systems Design,
• C/C++ language, and
• Introduction to Control system.
Electrical System Design Engineer (Electrical & Communication Engineering) 1992-2002
ENERGYPAC, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
• Supervise and manage 30 members of design and development team,
• Design DC-AC inverter, AC-DC converter, DC-DC converter, and analog/digital control board,
• Research and develop control systems for hydro/gas fired power stations, substations, transmission lines, thyristor-switched capacitors & inductance (SVAR), reactive power compensation equipments, harmonic filters and controllers for FACTS,
• Design power-factor-correction units, UPS and solar inverter, and
• Procure electrical and power electronic equipment.
• Expert Advisor, Texas Instrument Expert Advisor Panel May 2015-Present
• Advisory Board Member, MathWorks Advisory Board (MAB) January 2010-Present
• A. Boukerche, H. Maamar, A. Hossain “An Efficient Hybrid Multicast Transport Protocol for Collaborative Virtual Environment with Networked Haptic”. J. Multimedia Syst. 13(4), 283-296 (2008).
• A. Boukerche, S. Shirmohammadi, A. Hossain “Prediction Based Decorators for Distributed Collaborative Haptic Virtual Environments”, J. Computer Applications in Technology, Special Issue in Collaborative Multimedia Applications in Technology, 2007.
• A. Boukerche, H. Maamar, A. Hossain “An Efficient Hybrid Multicast Transport Protocol for Collaborative Virtual Environment with Networked Haptic”. Proc. 40th Annual Simulation Symposium, Norfolk, VA, USA, March 26-28, 2007.
• A. Boukerche, Maamar, H., Hossain, A. “A Design and Analysis of a Hybrid Multicast Transport Protocol for the Haptic Virtual Reality Tracheotomy Tele-Surgery Application”. Proc. Parallel and Distributed Processing Symposium, 2007. IPDPS 2007. IEEE International.
• A. Boukerche, Maamar, H., Hossain, A. “A performance Evaluation of a Hybrid Multicast Transport Protocol for a Distributed Collaborative Virtual Simulation of a Brain Tumor Tele-Surgery Class of Applications. “IEE Symposium on Computers and Communications (ISCC’07), July 1-4, Aveiro, Portugal
• A. Boukerche, S. Shirmohammadi, A. Hossain “Moderating Simulation Lag in Haptic Virtual Environments”. Proc. 39th Annual Simulation Symposium, Huntsville, AL, USA, 2006, pp 269-276
• A. Boukerche, S. Shirmohammadi, A. Hossain “The Effect of Prediction on Collaborative Haptic Applications”, Proc. IEEE Virtual Reality Conference, Alexandria, VA, USA, 2006
• A. Boukerche, S. Shirmohammadi, A. Hossain “A Prediction Algorithm for Haptic Collaboration”. Proc. IEEE International Workshop on Haptic Audio Visual Environments and their Applications (HAVE 2005), Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, 2005. pp 154-158
• Senior Member, Institute of Electrical & Electronics Engineering (IEEE)
• Fluent in English and Bengali, and
• Functional in French
• Opal-RT, Freescale Processors P1012/21, MPC5554 and MC68336, TI TMS320F2808, F28M35H52C1 and Green Hills RTOS,
• IEC 61850, DNP3 and EMI Issues on Circuit Design, ABB Inc.,and
• OSHA, NFPA, Lean Six sigma Green Belt Training.
Additional Info BACK TO TOP
Current Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Years of relevant work experience: 10+ to 15 Years
Date of Availability: From 1 to 3 months
Work Status: US – I am authorized to work in this country for any employer.
US Military Service:
Target Company: Company Size:
Target Locations: Selected Locations: US-PA-Allentown
Willingness to travel: Up to 25% travel
Languages: Languages Proficiency Level
To contact this candidate email firstname.lastname@example.org