1853 141st lane NE
Ham Lake, MN 55304
To earn an exciting electrical engineering position at a company that can benefit from my
motivation to create.
Bachelors of Electrical Engineering, Expected May 2016
College of Science and Engineering, University of MinnesotaTwin Cities, Minneapolis, MN
Cumulative GPA: 3.42
Computer Languages: C, Matlab, Assembly, Visual Basic
Software: Matlab, ORCAD, Hspice, Pspice, Mathematica, Autodesk Inventor,
Comsol Multiphysics, Solidworks, Microsoft Office
Other: Soldering, Signal Processing, Data Acquisition, Strong Electrical and Physical Intuition
Electrical Intern at GEDI LLC Long Lake, MN Sept. 2014 to May 2015
• Developed matlab code to determine the generalized inductance matrix of a 14 Brook’s coil pulse
• Experimentally measured the inductance matrix of the pulse transformer using fourpoint
measurements taken with Measurement Computing™ data acquisition modules interfaced with
• Fielded questions about my company’s “Brushgun” (an EM launcher similar to a railgun) design
at the 2015 Pulsed Power Conference.
Electrical Engineer at GEDI LLC Long Lake, MN May 2015 to Present
• Developed Matlab code to control the full operation of my company’s EM launcher.
• Used analog input data acquisition board to monitor 20+ (more will be added) differential
voltage measurements for diagnostic and feedback purposes.
• Used a virtual COM port to dictate the operation of two TDKlambda power supplies.
• Used a digital output module and analog feedback to switch multiple medium voltage
relays and control the operation electromechanical equipment.
• Helped to design custom signal conditioning circuitry.
• Designed, along with the lead mechanical engineer, switchgear for the 14 megajoule capacitor
banks to perform charging and discharging.
Electrical Engineer at GEDI LLC (Continued) Long Lake, MN May 2015 to Present
• Oversaw and assisted with the construction of 14 1MJ capacitor banks
• Designed and constructed other necessary mechanisms to benefit the project.
Electrical Engineering Intern at LHB Minneapolis, MN May 21, 2014 to Aug. 22, 2014
• Developed detailed wiring termination sheets from complex power and control designs for use in
• Upgraded old spreadsheets used for sizing cable tray by instituting Excel macros and formulas
• Redlined electrical plot plans and modified valve control schematics for a large industrial facility
cable relocation project utilizing internal design staff, and prepared final “IFC” drawings under
professional engineer supervision.
• Researched, identified, and assembled all power, control, and instrumentation drawings for two
4160V booster pump upgrades, and prepared final design packages for construction.
• Created efficient 480V load summary spreadsheet to be utilized for estimation of peak
demand load versus total connected load in a project that will relocate control and power cables
into a centralized location housing motor controllers and PLC panels.
Engineer, Solar Vehicle Project University of Minnesota, Twin Cities January 2014 to May 2015
• Worked on engineering a new electric motor to be used in the 2015 competition
• Collaborated with other engineering students to arrive at a motor design which is optimized for
• Learned about motor controllers and telemetry to a greater extent
Member, Go First University of Minnesota, Twin Cities Fall 2013 to Spring 2014
• Modeled a radio controlled vehicle in SolidWorks
• Used a 3D printer to realize SolidWorks models
To contact this candidate email email@example.com