13274 Rue Maison Blvd Gonzales LA 70737 • 225-450-5833 (cell) • Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Seeking a Facility/Controls, Instrument and Automation engineering position with an oil and gas/energy company which will require me to utilize my education, skills, abilities and experience in the engineering field to support key business strategies and ensure the company’s success.
• Designed, developed and implemented a program (continuous improvement) that increased the efficiency of production equipment with a total cost savings of over $1.5million annually.
• Upgraded the plant DCS system from TDC 2000 to Experion System successfully without any incident, within budget and on time.
• Capital project management
• Hands on design, implementation, maintenance and project management experience with PLCs, DCS systems, Control Valves, Transmitters, Flow Computers and pumps.
• Management of Change (MOC), Process Hazard Analysis (PHA), Safety Instrumented System (SIS), HazOps and Pre-startup Safety Review processes.
• High proficiency in PLC programming and configuration (Siemens S7 PLCs, Allen Bradley ControlLogix), HMI programming (winCC, PanelView, Wonderware InTouch), PLC networking (EtherNet/IP, DeviceNet), ASI and profibus configuration and application.
• Data Historian (Honeywell PHD Uniformance, Wonderware Historian ) configuration, maintenance and back-up
• Excellent at applying applicable computational resources to provide solutions. MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Application packages, Maple, WinCC, etc.
• Basic knowledge of MSSQL.
• Working knowledge in using Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)-SAP
• Knowledge of industry standards (ISA, NFPA, NEC)
• Good stress management skills, ability to work as a team member or under minimum supervision.
• Hard working, creative, conscientious, competent, precise, and result oriented.
Occidental Chemical Corporation- A subsidiary of Occidental Petroleum Corporation (04/12-Date)
Process Controls Engineer
• Manage the allocation of DCS engineering resources to ensure that capital and maintenance AFE projects are developed and implemented on a timely basis and that the quality of engineering work meets established standards.
• Project management skills, planning, managing multiple tasks, and successful completion of projects in a safe and environmentally responsible manner.
• Ability to prepare AFEs, control systems project cost estimates, project schedules and project scoping
• Provide technical resources to support DCS and electrical maintenance efforts.
• Assists with installation and maintenance of electronic microprocessor-based instrument control systems including, but not limited to, the long-term historians and DCS control systems.
• Define spare parts and preventative maintenance requirements for the DCS, electrical, and related components.
• Carry out equipment modifications, software revisions, and the future direction of the process control industry.
• Monitor the facility’s DCS operations and performance.
• Manage the operations and database of the plant’s Wonderware IntelaTrac System
• Manage Instrument and control specifications and data sheets
• Manage the plant’s Honeywell PAS DOC4000 system
• Oversee the field construction, verification of proper installation, performing loop checks and the oversight of final commissioning of DCS/PLC equipment associated with maintenance or capital projects.
• Provide training to production, maintenance, and other departments, in the proper operations and care of equipment in areas of expertise. Develops the necessary training as required.
• Coordinate and provide support for the plant’s Mechanical Integrity (MI) Program. This includes programs for Emergency Shutdown Systems & Control Systems (ESS&CS), Fail Safe Initiative (FSI).
• Ensure Process Safety and Risk Management objectives are practiced daily through participation in the Management of Change (MOC), Process Hazard Analysis (PHA), Pre-Startup Safety Review (PSSR), Safety Objective Analysis (SOA), Alarm Objective Analysis (AOA) processes.
• Troubleshooting and fixing control system and instrumentation problem
• Supporting on-going commissioning & de-commissioning activities
• Manage the Emergency Shutdown System (ESD), Cause & Effects and related safety systems
• Participate in RCA’s providing vital information from the Alarm Logs
• Participate in the Basic Safety process and ensuring that all employees are working and living in a safe environment. (a member of the SHEAC committee representing the technical department)
• Supporting planned shutdown activities
• Marking P&ID, Making IO list, Develop PLC logic
• Project commissioning, start-ups and perform FAT
• Plant production facility instrumentation, automation, process controls, SCADA
• Site support on IT related issues.
Brose North America (Jan., 2011-Mar. 2012)
• Capital project management
• Lead the maintenance team to meet plant deliverables in terms of PM and downtime
• Providing guidance and oversight to the Maintenance Engineers and technicians
• Primary responsibility for achieving our OEE entitlement(Overall Equipment Effectiveness)
• Review/oversee daily production floor activities, daily/weekly plant metrics & develop corrective actions
• Develop weekly schedules for production floor activity and oversee floor level problem solving
• Provide overall Management and documentation of Equipment Maintenance and Calibrations.
• Providing support and participate in plant-wide Continuous Improvement Program (5S, TPM, VSM, SMED, Six Sigma, Standard Work, etc)
Brose North America (Dec., 2008-Dec., 2010)
• Plant production process planning and control
• Production equipment design and configuration
• Championed the installation and commissioning of twelve production equipment.
• Install, troubleshoot and repair of electro-mechanical and pneumatic equipment.
• Improved the design of equipment and processes to reduce downtime and save cost (Continuous Improvement)
• Provide input on Engineering Design, Developing Cost Estimates and Technical Consulting
• Develop, implement and evaluate preventive maintenance programs
• Maintain all appropriate engineering drawings, files and specifications as required.
• Spare part management for all equipment.
• Develop new process and workstation designs to reduce cycle time and support the lean manufacturing initiative.
• PLC programming, HMI programming and applications, ABB robotic programming
• Provides engineering support to other departments
• Organize and implement technical training for new maintenance associates.
• Provide safety input for normal operations, maintenance, projects, and turn around activities.
• Participate in Hazard Reviews and Job Safety Analyses (JSA’s)
• Assist in developing/reviewing safety policies and training programs/material for compliance.
British American Tobacco, Nigeria (2002-2008)
Electro-Technical Team Leader
• Technical optimization of existing production equipment as well as the specification through commissioning of new production equipment.
• Root Cause Analysis of production line bottle necks, maintenance and safety issues. Where applicable, designed and implemented machine modifications which address identified issues.
• Installed, commissioned and serviced automated equipment, transport belt and conveyor.
• Troubleshoot and modified Siemens S7 PLCs, HMI, controls and components.
• Conducted fault diagnosis and repairs to all electrical equipment and units whenever there is a breakdown (sensors, PLCs, inverter drives, motors)
• Wonderware InTouch programming and application
• Wonderware data historian configuration, maintenance and back-up
• Configuration and maintenance of Wonderware ArchestrA system
• Conducted training sessions for new electro-technical trainees.
National Electric Power Authority, Ilorin (1995)
• 6 months industrial training
• Lawrence Technological University, Southfield, Michigan, USA
• ABB University, Auburn Hills, Michigan, USA
• University of Ilorin, Nigeria
• Honeywell Automation College, Phoenix and Houston, USA
• Aptech Computers, Ibadan, Nigeria
• M. Sc. Electrical and Computer Engineering (Dec., 2010)
• B. Sc. Electrical Engineering (1999)
• Basics of PLCs, Siemens S7-200, S7-300, S7-400 at BAT Africa and Middle East Training Center, South-Africa. (2003)
• Robotic US420 IRC5 Basic Programming at ABB University, Auburn Hills, Michigan. (2010)
• Honeywell TDC3000- Extensive formal training on Universal Station (US), Global User Station (GUS), PM/APM/HPM and AM application and maintenance and implementation (2012)
• Honeywell PHD R300 fundamental and application (2013)
• Instrumentation- Several ISA courses for measurement and control of flow, temperature, pressure, level, pH, and rotating equipment.
• Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
• International Society of Automation (ISA)
Reference available upon request
To contact this candidate email email@example.com