Android Developer – JPMC, TX
• Over 8 years of IT experience in software development including 6 years of experience in Android application development
• Have a good understanding of Android Back-end and UI guidelines.
• Expertise Experience in SDLC life cycle implementation including Requirement Analysis, Preparation of Technical Specification Document, Production Support, Unit Functional and Regression Testing.
• Good Experience in Object Oriented Design (OOD) and Design Patterns.
• Involved in creating and publishing the SOAP and REST based Web Services.
• Good Experience in developing UML diagrams like Use Case, Class, Sequence Diagrams and Behavior Diagram.
• Knowledge and experience with Agile development practices
• Proficient with common Android framework APIs (Web View, Google Maps, Telephony API, Camera, Contact Manager)
• Expertise in the integration of different mobile Applications.
• Possess over 6 years of Android Smartphone, tablet application development on almost all releases of Android.
• Strong Knowledge and experience in developing mobile applications using C# and Java.
• Experienced in all stages of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) for a wide range of application including Agile and Waterfall models.
• Good knowledge of debugging, issue analysis and finding root cause.
• Strong experience in understanding & capturing customer requirement, requirement analysis, compliance lock-down, preparing scope of work, technical presentation, business plan, road-map.
• Developed applications using third-party APIs such as YouTube, Parse and Social Networking such as Facebook and Twitter.
• Hands on Experience in Web services using SOAP and REST FUL API.
• Expertise in branching, pushing and merging codes with remote repository such as Git.
• Expertise in automated testing tools including JUnit.
• Expert in working with UNIX/ LINUX and Windows.
• Good Experience working with XML, JSON and OAUTH.
• Familiarity with Google API from personal projects.
• Good knowledge of the Android Architecture.
• Good knowledge on Android Concurrency.
• Experience in Atlassian tools such as JIRA and Confluence to manage and keep track on progress of project.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and analytical skills and a highly motivated team player with the ability to work independently.
• Working experience in consuming RESTful web services to fetch data for mobile front end and parsing the XML and JSON response using different parsers.
• Used Async Tasks to implement various Broadcast Receivers and services for data intense activities such as loading images, videos etc.
• Hands on experience in designing backend database for data storage and retrieval using SQLite.
• Skilled with open source version control tools such as SVN and GIT for version tracking and deployment.
• Experienced with Graphic Designing in Adobe Photoshop.
• Experienced in using a web-based application used for managing tests scenarios and defect tracking and management.
Android Developer JPMC, TX
October 2015 to Present
• Participated in complete Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) for proper analysis, development, testing, deployment and enhancement of the code.
• Analyzed the project features, designed the application architecture and database, and implemented server back end.
• Extensively utilized AsyncTask, Thread, handler, services to provide smooth UI experience.
• Participated in designing the app architecture.
• Used Android NDK to create the library files to be used by Services.
• Participated in constructing automated unit testing, performing usability testing on UI, ad hoc testing based on test and fault models.
• Developed user-friendly user-interfaces using widgets like Menus, Dialogs, Different Layouts, Buttons, Edit boxes and Selection widgets like List View and Scroll View as per client need.
• Integrated Support Library to make the app compatible from API 4.0.3 to up.
• Implemented Notification Manager to display updates on the notification bar.
• Design screens using MVC pattern for the application with Android Studio IDE.
• Provided assistance and feedback on login design and implementation.
• Download and upload content from back end web server via REST API.
• Integrated with different Android versions.
• Used GIT tool for version control.
• Played a key role in writing application logic using Eclipse IDE and Android SDK.
• Implemented JSON service to parse user’s data coming from server.
• Developed App screens and its workflow using Activity and Fragments, which has views such as List View and Scroll View.
• Used adb logcat, DDMS for Debugging.
• Used Cordova plugin to connect on the backend.
• Debugged and tested the application on different android devices.
• Proficient in creating test data for Business users, Personal users, Commercial users etc.
• Designed Effort estimation of the team.
Environment: Android SDK, Android DDMS, adb command, Android Studio, Java, webservice, HTML5, CSS3, XML, Windows and MS SQL server, Rest API, Logcat, GIT, SVN.
Android Developer CERNER HealthCare Solutions, Kansas City
September 2014 to September 2015
• Involved in the full life cycle of the project including planning, designing, development, testing and deployment.
• Worked in an Agile software development based environment.
• Major contributor for creating new UI screens for the application.
• Extensively used custom ListViews to view information on every screen, and to keep uniformity of the application.
• Implemented ViewFlow for providing navigation between different screens.
• Collaborated with web services team.
• Implemented Notification Manager to display updates on the notification bar.
• Implemented Fragments and Activities.
• Extensively used gallery function in modules (such as news, sports, life, money, and travel) for users to view daily pictures with descriptive articles.
• Different feed is used for the pictures to fetch the data and populate the gallery with corresponding content.
• Worked with JSON and used external libraries like GSON parsers, for data parsing.
• Tested the application on different android target devices and also debugged for the issues using Android tools like monkey runner, traceview and view hierarchy from DDMS for optimization purposes.
• Used Android JUnit extension to prepare test cases.
• Used AsyncTask for multithreading.
• Used Streaming technology to deliver a better video streaming experience to all devices with advanced playback features.
• Worked on linear and relative layouts.
• Worked on toast, Dialog notifications.
• Used BTA (Bluetooth Application Layer) of the Bluetooth Stack to implement on air share module of the app
• Used GIT for version control.
Environment: Java, Eclipse, Google Map View, JDK, Android SDK (2.3 to 4.4), Video Streaming, HTML, Java Script, GIT, XML, J2ME, JSON, SQLite.
Android developer ACS Xerox New York, NY
February 2013 to August 2014
• Contributed to the User Interface (UI) design of the Application using buttons, edit boxes, check boxes, dialog boxes, action bars and spinners for various layouts.
• Implemented the Search bar feature in the Application’s action bar for searching particular deals in the area.
• Retrieved data from the web services in the form of JSON and the deals are displayed on the user interface in a customized list view.
• Incorporated Google AdMob Ads SDK in the Application to display ads for unsubscribed users.
• Integrated Facebook and Twitter libraries to share documents among friends.
• Worked on video streaming in full screen to quickly navigate to favorite scenes.
• Implemented SQLite database that keeps track of the User profiles, recent coupons, personal favorites and updates the deals based on the users preference.
• Involved in testing of the Application in various devices, screen sizes and resolutions.
Environment: Android SDK, Eclipse, Java, XML, SVN, HTML, Video Streaming, Facebook Android SDK, Twitter Libraries
Android Developer Insurance Company San Diego, CA
April 2012 to January 2013
• Added some new Views and Layouts for user interaction in the existing app.
• Implemented a new XML Pull Parser to properly parse new data from server.
• Made significant changes in the Database design using SQLite and SQL queries.
• Implemented fragments and Mobile Device Integration (MDI) over 3g and Wi-Fi.
• Used Android SDK 4.4.3 and Eclipse IDE for development.
• Tested on all Android versions starting 4.0
Environment: Android SDK 3.0 and up, Tab layout, REST, XML, Java, Eclipse 3.5, SQLite
Android Developer Ldpi/Mdpi/Hdpi Mumbai, Maharashtra
March 2010 to February 2012
• Delivered Functional Requirements document after detailed Requirements gathering sessions with Business.
• Assisted in designing the User Interface (UI/UX) and overall look and feel of the app.
• Implemented Fragments to make the app usable on both Smart phone and tablets.
• Developed the app to adapt to different orientations and various resolutions (Ldpi/Mdpi/Hdpi) based on the device.
• Regularly followed up with Development Team to discuss discrepancies identified during testing and performance tuning.
• Supported the design, development, testing and implementation of new business and support applications.
• Worked with the Android SDK, and implemented Android Bluetooth and Location Connectivity components.
• Used logcat, DDMS (Dalvik Debug Monitor Server) and trace view for debugging and detecting memory leaks.
• Implemented unique design for portrait and landscape mode.
• Handling XML data using efficient parsing techniques such as DOM parser.
• Work closely with the web application development team to ensure proper integration between mobile application and web application.
• Used GIT for project management and version control.
• Used JSON to fetch data from the server using RESTful web services.
• Implemented list views for displaying new releases.
• Provided subsequent releases which included feature changes, enhancements and bug fixes.
Environment: Android SDK, Eclipse IDE, Android APIs, JDK, REST Web service, GIT, WebLogic, Ant, XML, JSON, SQLite, Log cat.
Java Developer Versabit Technologies Bangalore, Karnataka
April 2008 to February 2010
• Analysis of Business Requirement Document an understanding the requirements
• Use case analysis of modules involved and flow analysis of existing functionality.
• Used multithreading and OOPs.
• Participated in code review and integration.
• Creating the design document and design document review.
• Executed the test cases and generated the test reports.
Web Services: SOAP, REST, JSON, XML
Operating Systems: Windows, Linux, Mac OSX, Android
Office Tools: Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook
Database technologies: MySQL, PL/SQL, Oracle, SQLite
IDE’s Used: Android Eclipse IDE (with ADT), Eclipse and their Debuggers, Android Studio
Tools: ANT, ADT, Maven
Version Control Tools: CVS, Git, SVN, Bit Bucket
Web/Application Servers: Apache TOMCAT