Engineering – Document Controller
Houston, TX 77015
Engineering – Document Controller National Oilwell Varco – PCG Rig Solutions Houston, TX
July 2013 to January 2016
Skilled and dedicated professional with 18 years’ experience in Document Control. This recently includes Offshore Engineering support and approval of drawings and documents. In earlier years it consisted of assisting with records management and document/data system coordination, planning, and support in a QA/QC function.
• Demonstrated capacity to liaise with executive-level staff; excel at managing all essential tasks.
• Proven track record of accurately completing research, reporting and information management within demanding time frames.
• Adept at developing and maintaining administrative processes that reduce redundancy, improve accuracy and efficiency, and achieve organizational objectives.
• Highly focused and results-oriented in supporting complex, deadline-driven operations; able to identify goals and priorities and resolve issues in initial stages.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat.
System Document and Data Coordinator National Oilwell Varco – Quality Tubing Houston, TX
May 2002 to July 2013
Provide high-level administrative support to Quality Manager, Vice President of Product Development and Metallurgist of leading manufacturer of Coiled Tubing.
• Quality system Document and Data management: Tier I, II and III documentation revision and distribution under controlled release measures, indexing and records management of quality system documents and document holders. Organization and maintenance of quality system documentation on the intranet server.
1. Part of team that performed gap analysis to pursue certification for ISO 9001:2000
2. Create and maintain the company’s internal electronic data management system (EDMS) and looking abroad into MS SharePoint.
• Maintenance of Quality system records and preparation of summary reports: Nonconformance’s; Corrective and Preventive Actions; Customer complaints; Quality Management Reviews; and internal and vendor audits.
3. Maintain records providing evidence of conformity to product specifications and the effective operation of the quality management system.
4. Database entry of quality control records for product certification.
5. Create and maintain internal audit schedule.
6. Administrator of Corrective and Preventive Action Database.
• Assist Quality Manager in Quality Department administration (i.e., attendance records, policies, etc.)
Secretary of Quality and Training National Oilwell Varco – Tuboscope Houston, TX
March 1997 to November 2001
Provide administrative support to Quality Manager.