Graduate Research Assistant
Peer Advisor – University Transportation Research Center
Critically focused towards designing MEP schematics using different Autodesk products. Actively seeking a full-time
opportunity as a design electrical engineer where I can apply my analytic and problem solving skills.
Union, NJ 07083
Peer Advisor New York Institute of Technology
June 2015 to Present
• Helped freshman students understand their degree requirements so they can stay focused in future semesters
• Helped students to navigate NYIT’s resources and online tools such as NYITConnect.
Graduate Research Assistant University Transportation Research Center
January 2015 to Present
• Designed a traffic flow model using wireless cellular networks to predict traffic density on major highways.
• Used intelligent control system to control the vehicle speed in order to avoid traffic congestion.
Research Intern New York University
June 2015 to August 2015
Used MatSim (Multi Agent Transportation Simulation) library for Java Eclipse and SUMO (simulation for urban
mobility) to generate road networks and demand files for modeling and analysis of traffic flow at NJ Turnpike.
Teaching Assistant Ghulam Ishaq Khan Institute Topi , Pakistan
August 2012 to December 2013
• Assisted professors with organizing course material and conducting exams.
• Conducted Lab sessions for microprocessor and interfacing, Instrumentation and Optoelectronics.
Event Coordinator SPIE Society of Optics and Instrumentation Engineers
May 2011 to December 2013
• Helped multinational telecommunication companies to organize their seminars at GIK Institute.
• Organized International symposium (GIKI and South Dakota State University) on dye sensitized solar cell.
Electrical Engineering Intern Water and Power Development Authority Pakistan
May 2012 to August 2012
• Studied the mechanism of protection and instrumentation equipment used in transmission lines including SCADA and HMI system to detect any faults or hazards in transmission lines.
• Designed HMI interface (RSView32) to interact with SCADA system to monitor and change turbine parameters.
• Used AutoCAD Electrical to design PLC I/O and ladder logic diagrams to program Siemens S7 and S5 PLC’s
• Designed process flow and P&ID diagrams for control of turbine startup and shutdown sequences
Master of Science Electrical & Computer Engineering New York Institute of Technology
Old Westbury, NY
Bachelor of Science Electronics Engineering Ghulam Ishaq Khan Institute
Autocad (2 years), Electrical (2 years)
LEED Green Associate
Graduate student majoring in electrical and computer engineering. Critically focused towards designing MEP schematics using different Autodesk products. Experience with designing control panels and electric lighting systems using Auto-CAD MEP. Hands on experience with Allen Bradley controllogix PLC and programming knowledge of RSlogix 5000.Also designed PLC I/O modules and ladder diagrams in Auto Cad Electrical. Passed LEED Green Associate exam. Familiar with NFPA 70 and IEC standards.Actively seeking a full-time opportunity as an electrical engineer where I can apply my analytic and problem solving skills.
Technical Skill Set:
– Matlab and Simulink (Robust Control System Toolbox, Communication System Toolbox)
– LabView and TRACEMODE (HMI panel Design)
– AutoCAD Electrical , AutoCAD MEP for electrical lighting panels and fire alarm systems.
– PLC programming : Allen Bradley controllogix, SLC 500, ABB, Seimens S7-200.
– Java JDBC, MySQL Workbench.