700 Health Science Drive, Chapin E 2076, Stony Brook, NY 11790 (631)-805-1776
SUNY-Stony Brook University M.S. Mechanical Engineering GPA: 3.67/4 Aug 2014 – Dec 2015
Courses: Mathematical Methods, Internal Combustion Engines, Mechanics of Viscous Fluids, Combustion Research Lab, Total Quality Management, Finite Element Methods, Product Development & Optimization, Advanced Dynamics.
Anna University B.E. Mechatronics Engineering CGPA:8/10 June 2007 – Apr 2011
Concepts: Algorithms and Data Structures.
Tools, Frameworks: COMSOL, ANSYS, AutoCAD, Inventor, MATLAB, Mathematica, X-Code, SQL server, Visual Studio
Operating Systems: Mac, Windows, Linux
Mindtree Ltd. Software Engineer June 2011 – May 2013
• Implemented a warehouse and inventory management system for Quofore and Pepsi Co with features like optimized transportation routes, GPS tracking, order management and scheduling using a mobile and web application.
• Implemented a digital magazine designer app for Times New York with improved content reading experience, interaction and customized templates using MS Silverlight
Veesons Energy Systems PVT Ltd Product Engineer June 2013 – July 2014
• Led Root-Cause Analysis & Corrective action deployment to eliminate premature scales failure in boilers resulting in revenues worth $200,000.
• Actively worked in team to eliminate the scales in the boilers chemically via Advanced Product Quality Planning.
Stony Brook University Graduate Assistant – System Admin Oct 2014 – Dec 2015
• Developed a mobile-friendly website for Political Science Dept.
• Maintained Computer Hardware & Server, performed system troubleshooting and documented internal wiki.
Driver/Vice-Captain of BLITZKRIEG Racing, BAJA SAE INDIA 2011 July 2010 – Jan 2011
• Led a team of 21 people in Design, Fabrication and testing of a complete off-road vehicle.
• Designed and tested components of chassis using Inventor, suspension geometry design/simulation using CATIA V5.
• Implemented Individual hand braking for which we won the most prestigious ‘Best Innovation of BAJA’ award.
Fluid Ratcheting By Oscillating Channel Walls With Sawteeth – Research Assistant Oct 2014 – Nov 2015
• Calculating the net Fluid Flow in a narrow channel between two facing sawteeth channel walls that undergo harmonic oscillations, this oscillatory flow is analyzed based on driving mechanisms due to nonlinearity and viscosity.
• Varying the parameters of sawteeth oscillation and oscillatory flow to analyze net pumping rate and vorticity in CFD using COMSOL Multiphysics and testing results in MATLAB. Next Steps: Develop prototype & analyze cost of system
Dual-Fuel Research Engine July 2015 – Nov 2015
• Worked in an automotive internal combustion engine research lab on the design and construction of a high-pressure diesel and low-pressure gasoline fuel injection system for simultaneously supplying it to a dual-fuel research engine.
Customer complaint identification and rectification using 8 D methodology -Ace Carbo Nitriders Aug 2015 –Nov2015
• Identified recurring customer complaints through Pareto analysis based on customer complaint record of industry. Identified and implemented corrective action for root cause of the problem using cause-effect/fishbone diagrams.
Effect of Fuel–Air Ratio on Spark-Ignition Engine Performance Jan 2015 – April 2015
• Conducted experiments on a CFR engine using gasoline fuel. Studied the behavior of engine parameters such as thermal efficiency, effect of load, NOx ,COx emissions by varying the equivalence ratio, compression ratio and engine geometry and compared with Fuel/air cycle computer simulation using CYCLES software.
IOS/Android Position and Orientation Oct 2014 –Dec 2014
To contact this candidate email email@example.com