Product Application Expert
Product Application Expert – Schneider Electric
Highly motivated sales professional with strong technical knowledge who excels in
uncovering customer needs, finding solutions and building relationships within the
Houston, TX 77018
Channel Sales Engineer Mitsubishi Electric Automation, Inc. (MEAU) Houston, TX
February 2015 to Present
• Called on top channel partners, existing direct accounts and new OEM’s to acquire new business.
• Identified and qualified potential accounts that matched Mitsubishi’s product and application competencies,
• Planned and lead joint sales calls to direct accounts and Channel Partners per Mutual Marketing Plan (MMP), generated new orders and maintained/improved customer relations.
• Protected and grew existing direct accounts and newly transferred Channel Partner and OEM sales.
• Drove Channel Partner focused product sales.
• Drove IQ, Motion, A800 VFD sales through new ASPP distributors.
• Attained monthly and yearly sales goals established by management
• Oversaw smooth transfer of direct accounts under $50K to Channel Partners and smaller distributors.
• Ensured smooth transfer of commercial and technical support for distributors (<$500K) to Customer Care Coordinator and the Technical Assistance Center (TAC). • Conducted monthly Channel Partner & Customer training events. • Reviewed and prepare documents to meet customer specifications. • Maintained a high degree of technical knowledge relevant to that required to fulfill job responsibilities. • Understood products, applications, markets and customers€™ businesses/markets to better recommend solutions to prospective customers. • Represented Mitsubishi in a professional, ethical and socially responsible manner with customers. • Successfully built relationships (internal and external) with customers to achieve assigned sales and corporate goals for Mitsubishi Electric Automation. • Documented activities in CRM and completed reporting in a timely manner. • Forecasted monthly and annual business plan showing projected sales and quotas. Product Application Expert Schneider Electric Houston, TX February 2013 to Present Combined technical knowledge with sales skills to provide advice and support on the sale of Variable Frequency Drives (VFD's) and Solid State Reduced Voltage (Soft-starts) Outside Sales • Worked closely with area Partner sales and commercial operations team to drive account penetration within all price models • Utilized various services and customer knowledge to educate customers on pricing and application advantages, and how they would meet customer's needs. • Created relationships with electrical engineers that influence the VFD specifications. Technical Support/Sales Engineer • Assumed responsibility as the primary technical expert for Schneider Electric Variable Frequency Drives throughout the Oil & Gas, Water & Wastewater, and HVAC Sectors • Prepared detailed application, system, and hardware specifications based on client • Interpreted customer technical specifications and generate strategies for implementation in production • Provided technical leadership on internal integration and factory acceptance testing before delivery to the customer • Creation and leadership of presentations and product demonstrations • Conducted harmonic and energy savings calculations Account Manager/CRM Mob Innovative Automation / Innovative-IDM Houston, TX April 2010 to January 2013 Account Manager • Found and developed new customers and customer relationships while maintaining existing customer relationships • Provided application, technical, and sales support to automation and manufacturing customers • Demonstrated products and provided training to customers as needed • Interacted closely with field sales and service, marketing, commercial operations, finance/pricing analysts to resolve technical and process-related issues CRM Mob (Software Integration Project) • Hand-picked by decision makers within the organization to facilitate the integration of new Customer Relationship Management software • Attended software and implementation meetings in order to fully assist in roll out activities • Provided training to internal employees of CRM software and acted as point of contact for troubleshooting and issues • Assisted with go-live activities such as data updates and system integration Parts Manager Saxon Fleet Services Houston, TX October 2008 to April 2010 Developed and Maintained customer and vendor relationships • Efficiently reviewed all sales, pricing and inventory • Acted as a liaison between customers, vendors and management • Created requests for quotes and organized bids from various suppliers in order to obtain the best quality and price for goods and services • Reviewed vendor agreements and negotiated accordingly • Issued purchase orders in response to needs and requirements established by project schedules, available mechanics, management and internal employees Office Manager/Sales Manager DC Bumper - TX May 2007 to October 2008 Worked with prospecting, and calling customers to set up face-to-face meetings • Responsible for all customers' quoting including pre-order/order entry processes (meeting customer criteria, valid pricing models, revisions, and compliance) • Created requests for quotes and organized bids from various suppliers in order to obtain the best quality and price for goods and services • Supported production efforts by identifying purchased part shortages and by making necessary adjustments in order to minimize customer impact • Created monthly production projection reports of customer needs and updated work order schedules based on projected commitments • Reported directly to management on key metrics, including on-time project completion, delivery, manufacturing/repair shortages and repair backlog • Reviewed vendor agreements and negotiated accordingly Package Handler and Sorter U P S Houston, TX January 2003 to May 2007 Processed outbound cargo in a timely, efficient and accurate manner and assisted in other cargo services as required by workload. Bachelor of Science University of Phoenix 2012