Bartley (Bart) J. Theis
637 7th ST N, Montrose, MN 55363
Summary: I have built my career with my troubleshooting skills and the ability to solve complex problems. I was hired at Stratasys as a Production Technician in Oct 2003 and quickly advanced through the company to Senior Automation Engineer. I went back to school during that time to achieve my Bachelor’s degree and graduated with a 3.99 GPA.
Refrigeration Product Test Engineer at Thermo King, Ingersoll Rand
• Working on new product development team
• Responsible for Design Validation Plan & Report, DVP&R
• Reviewing software specifications for testability.
• Software validation testing on products, bench testing, and simulators.
Previously employed for 11 years at Stratasys Inc.
• Develop advanced Test & Automation applications and fixtures for use in various internal departments, e.g. R&D, Manufacturing, and Repair Center.
• Develop advanced Test & Automation applications and fixtures for external use at electronics contract manufacturer.
• Utilize SolidWorks design software to design and build 3D printed parts that are used in test and assembly fixtures.
• Intermediate level of C++ code development and advanced MS SQL database administration capability.
• Provide thorough statistical data analysis reports to assist with the resolution of process or product defects.
• Advanced troubleshooting skills used to resolve urgent Production line-down situations.
• Develop test plans and concepts for subassembly and circuit board functional acceptance testing. Actively communicates plans to R&D and Manufacturing for approval.
• Collaborates with R&D engineers in the development of product specifications and actively seeks to provide test solutions throughout the product development process.
• Provide global support to manufacturing and engineering
• Lead development of Mentorship program to help train technicians and specialists.
• Traveled on behalf of the department to train on essential manufacturing tools developed within the department.
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Software application experience in C++.
• Mechanical fixture design using Solidworks; Solidworks Essential Training
• Barcode and RFID experience
• Force and Thermal measurements
• PLC’s and man-machine interfaces
• Statistical Process Control
• Automated Optical Inspection
• Circuit Board ICT and functional testing
• Certificate of Achievement: Six Sigma Green Belt Tools & Techniques
• ISO9001 Internal Auditor
• Data Acquisition Systems
Work Experience Timeline:
Product Test EngineerMarch 2015 – present
Ingersoll Rand – Thermo KingBloomington, MN
Software validation testing of refrigeration and auxiliary power unit products.
Create and review of product requirements documents including;
• DFMEA / DVPR
• System Requirements
• Product Test Plans
• Test Procedures
Senior Automation Engineer November 2003 – March 2015
Promoted to Senior Automation Engineer – 5/10
Promoted to Automation Engineer – 6/10
Promoted to Associate Manufacturing Test Engineer – 1/09
Promoted to Test Engineering Specialist – 1/07
Promoted to Senior Production Technician – 3/05
Hired as Production Technician – 11/03
Stratasys Inc.Eden Prairie, MN
Medical Equipment Technician May 2003 – November 2003
Universal Hospital ServicesMinneapolis, MN
Repair / Refurbish medical equipment, primarily infusion pumps, for use in veterinary applications.
Senior Repair TechnicianFebruary 1995 – April 2003
Promoted to Senior Repair Technician – 3/07
Delphax Technologies Inc.Minnetonka, MN
Lead repair center activities responsible for repairing circuit boards and electro-mechanical subassemblies.
Bachelors of Science in Applied ManagementGraduation: June 2010
Dunwoody College of TechnologyMinneapolis, MNGPA: 3.99
Received: Carlson Certificate of Quality
Associate Degree in Electronics Technology Graduation: March 1994
NEI College of TechnologyFridley, MN
Major: Computer Systems and Microprocessors
Major: Consumer Electronics GPA : 3.3
Experience BACK TO TOP
Job Title Company Experience
Product Test Engineer Thermo King Corporation – Present
Additional Info BACK TO TOP
Desired Salary/Wage: 80,000.00 – 100,000.00 USD yr
Current Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Date of Availability: Within 2 weeks
Work Status: US – I am authorized to work in this country for any employer.
Active Security Clearance: None
US Military Service:
Citizenship: US citizen
Target Job: Target Job Title: Automation Engineer
Desired Job Type: Employee
Desired Status: Full-Time
Target Company: Company Size:
• Industrial/Manufacturing Engineering
• Production Quality Assurance
Target Locations: Selected Locations: US-MN-Minneapolis
Willingness to travel: Up to 25% travel