BENJAMIN WILLEMS – Software Developer Resume Value: jwqpiyhgah3rb4b8
MADISON, WI 53719
PHONE (904) 910-9850 • E-MAIL WILLEMS.BEN@GMAIL.COM
BENJAMIN J. WILLEMS
09/04-05/09 University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point
Bachelor of Science Degree in Web and Digital Media Development; Minor in Computer Information Systems (My major was named “One of The Top 50 Undergraduate Game Design Programs” by the Princeton Review.)
7/11-4/15 Immersyve-Madison,WI(remote)/Celebration, FL
• Worked with other developers at Immersyve on an internal research application. This was built using AngularJS, Node.js and MongoDB. Heavily utilized API calls to retrieve and store data which was used to create metrics and surveys that were deployed using Polymer.
• Involved in all aspects of ground-up development, building web/mobile applications for health interventions (smoking cessation, diabetes treatment/prevention, lowering cholesterol). Helped design/develop a large-scale application for Warner Brothers and a Lua plugin built working with Zenimax for The Elder Scrolls Online closed beta (4/20/2013).
• Wrote the functional specifications for the Elder Scrolls Online plugin (ESO Survey) as well as Insight App (our application developed for Warner Brothers). Created and maintained the windows installer for ESO Survey which was deployed to a select player base.
• Utilized Robotlegs as well as PureMVC as micro frameworks for Flex/Air development.
• Built scalable applications that were deployed to over forty thousand users.
• Clients include the Zenimax – Elder Scrolls Online, Warner Brothers, The University of Rochester (multiple programs), IBM and Advanced Wellness Systems.
• Suggested and implemented an Away3D based intro experience for IBM.
12/09-3/11 Web Continuity-Jacksonville, FL
Lead Flex Developer
• Part of true application development, starting from scratch and building from the ground up through the entire application life cycle.
• Worked with overseas developers and was responsible for answering questions and detailing projects for them to complete.
• Worked largely with Flex 3, Actionscript 3, XML, ColdFusion 9, Papervision3D, the Cairngorm Framework and data returned in MySQL remote procedure calls.
• Created a module based application in Flex to create the smallest footprint possible and to increase performance and load times.
• Created the company website at www.webcontinuity.com
LANGUAGES AND CODING EXPERIENCE
• Very experienced using Flex 3/4, GitHub, Flash, After Effects, Photoshop, and Flash Media Encoder.
• Very experienced using WordPress as well as Joomla Content Management Systems.
• Clear understanding of gaming principles, design, collision detection, parallax scrolling, steering behaviors (seek,flee,wander,evade) and proximity detection.
• Very experienced with mobile development (Android/iOS), Adobe AIR and using design patterns to code once and deploy to multiple platforms.
• Experience with building games in frameworks like Starling and Axel as well as utilizing hardware acceleration with Stage3d.
• Very familiar with external class libraries, accessing API’s, OOP principles and several design patterns.
• Very familiar with micro frameworks such as AngularJS, Robotlegs, PureMVC, Zend.
• Moderate experience coding in Swift, Java, and C++ (wrote a .dll for Zenimax’s ESO game client to communicate with our plugin), PHP, Zend framework, HeidiSQL.
• Well versed at following a Scrum development method.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Very strong programming experience, able to think, design and implement solutions independently.
• Find it easy to improvise while solving issues quickly and efficiently.
• Organized and detail oriented.
• Punctual, prepared, and responsible.
• Able to work with others in a friendly and professional manner and enjoy a team environment.
• I look forward to the challenge/enjoyment of learning new languages and solving new problems.
• Extremely interested in game design/development.
• Music is another passion, I love to play guitar as much as I can.
• Enjoy keeping up on technology news.
• Excited to learn new programs and languages. I am currently teaching myself Swift and working to release an Apple Watch app.
• All around tech-person, I enjoy gaming, rooting phones, building computers, working in Linux, etc.
Experience BACK TO TOP
Job Title Company Experience
Software Developer Immersyve – Present
Additional Info BACK TO TOP
Current Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Years of relevant work experience: 2+ to 5 Years
Date of Availability: Within 2 weeks
Work Status: US – I am authorized to work in this country for any employer.
Active Security Clearance: None
US Military Service:
Citizenship: US citizen
Target Job: Target Job Title: Sr. Software Developer
Desired Job Type: Employee
Desired Status: Full-Time
Target Company: Company Size:
• Software/System Architecture
• Software/Web Development
• Web/UI/UX Design
Target Locations: Selected Locations: US-WI-Madison
Willingness to travel: Up to 50% travel
Languages: Languages Proficiency Level