Bin Zhang 79 Silverado Bank Gardens SW
Calgary, AB T2X 0K9
Telephone: (403) 970-2197
Object: Electrical Designer
Eighteen years of work experience with Manufacturing, Petrochemical Industry, EPC and Commercial Design Company as an Electrical Designer and Engineer in China and Canada. Voltage level involved in from LV-120V, MV-6KV and 10KV to HV-110KV.These experiences include considerable expertise in the design of automation and electrical system for various industries including oil and gas, utilities and commercial. I am currently seeking a position with in Electrical Engineering field to further my skills and abilities through industry experience.
• Proficient in 3D (CADWorx), Autocad, MicroStation, REVIT MEP, MS Word, Excel and MS Project.
• Familiar with Canadian Electrical Code CEC and Building Code
• Proficient in ComputTrace and TraceCalc Pro EHT software
• In-depth understanding of electrical and automation system
• Hands-on electrical aptitude, teamwork skills, customer relations/liaison, troubleshooting/problem solving skills.
Electrical Designer September 2014 – July 2015
Lauren Engineer & Constructor. Calgary
• Gibson Energy Hardistry East Expansion Phase 2
Designed Area Classification Diagram, Single line diagram, 120/480v motor schematics, Terminal box wiring diagrams, Electrical MCC Building layout, PLC Control Diagrams, Cable tray & grounding/EHT layout, lighting panel/cable/EHT schedule, calculated EHT and Issued drawings to Document Control.
Senior Electrical Designer February 2013-July 2014
CTM Design Service , Calgary
• Prepared and reviewed of Electrical documentation including; area classifications, drawings and
Reports, single line diagrams, and electrical load and equipment lists.
• Ensured deliverables provided to the projects are technically accurate, within scope, budget and
Schedule and in compliance with quality procedures and project plans
• Performed Engineering support for procurement activities including MRQ/MRP development,
Technical bid evaluation and vendor drawings approvals.
• Prepared construction deliverables such as cable tray layouts, sub-station layouts, lighting
layouts, Cable schedules, panel schedules, installation details and grounding system designs
• Designed a lot of Gas Bar electrical plans and layouts for different clients(ESSO, Husky, Petro Canada, UFA and FAS GAS).
• Designed many of Tim Horton projects (electrical site plan, lighting layout, power supply and
Intermediate Electrical Designer, April 2011-December 2012 WorleyParsons, Calgary
• Buck Creek Fractionation Plant, BP – Created analog input and out wiring diagrams,
Discrete input and output wiring diagrams, designed PLC schematics and terminal box wiring diagrams.
• Creek Projects, Talisman – Designed cable tray & grounding layout, lighting layout drawings, working on list of material and MTO, modified and added cable tray, lighting fixture, and other electrical equipment in 3D model, designed terminal box wiring diagram, Issued drawings to Document Control.
• Cold lake Infill H4, J6 and HH, Imperial – Completed whole package, designed electrical block diagram, area classification, single line diagram, 120/480v motor schematics, terminal box wiring diagrams, electrical building/manifold layout, cable tray & grounding/EHT layout, lighting panel/cable/EHT schedule and all control drawings, calculated EHT and Issued drawings to Document Control.
• Nabeye N01, Imperial – Calculated EHT and designed EHT drawings based on P&ID, ISO and 3D model.
South Alberta Institute Technology
• Took Electrical Design Program and Bachelor of Applied Technology Petroleum Engineering Program
Bow Valley College and Chinook Learning Service
• Learnt English
Han Power company, Calgary
• Dealt with troubles of electrical facility of building, estimated installation and repairing components and costs, drew some drafting according to demands of clients, installed and repaired lights, outlet and panels of building.
Electrical Designer Engineer 1996-2005
Petroleum China, Hohhot, China
• Construction Power Supply, Hohhot Oil Refinery Project – Estimated electrical load of the project construction, designed single line diagram, layout, cable schedule, panel schedule, managed the construction power supply and coordinated constructors and electrical source department.
• #2 Substation Update, Hohhot Oil Refinery – Designed single line diagram (6KV), cable tray layout, control schematic, calculated relay protecting, selected switch gears and transformers,
Conductors, CT and PT
• Main Wind Machine LV Electrical System Update, Hohhot Oil Refinery -Designed panel, single line diagram, layout, schematics and cable schedule.
• Vapor Fractionation Device DCS System, Hohhot Oil Refinery – Took Charged of the project reviewed engineering drawings from vendors and other disciplines to ensure compliance with requisitions and project specifications
• Lead, Electrical SCADA System, Hohhot Oil Refinery – Participated in plan confirming, designed input and output diagrams, reviewed engineering drawings from vendors and provided support and coordinated with field personnel during construction.
• Supervisor, Electrical Workshop, Hohhot Oil Refinery – Took charged of new technology applications, Wrote operation guide of electrical workshop, maintained electrical system to ensure the system meet oil & gas processing operation, supervised electrical engineers and electricians to work.
Electrical Designer 1990-1995
Hohhot Machinery & Electrical Fabrication, China
• RYS-Heating Extension Instrument – Assisted engineers to research & develop a new type of wire & cable testing instrument, designed electrical drawings of the instrument, performed data’s testing and wrote commissioning procedures for electrical installation.
• SYY-Water Bathing Instrument – Researched & developed a new type of wire & cable testing instrument, designed the entire instrument, include its machinery and electrical parts, performed data testing and wrote commissioning procedures for the instrument installation.
• Bachelor of Applied Technology Petroleum Engineering expected in 2015
SAIT, Calgary, Canada
• Certificate of Electrical Design 2010
SAIT, Calgary, Canada
• Bachelor of Electrical Engineering
Inner Mongolia Polytechnic University, Hohhot, China
To contact this candidate email email@example.com