Biruk A. Ketema
Minneapolis, MN 55414 email@example.com
Objective: To obtain an Electrical engineer position with a company that will utilize my Research, design development, manufacturing experience, technical skills and analytical thinking.
Education: Bachelor of Electrical Engineering, Dec. 2011
College of Science and Engineering, University of Minnesota-Twin Cities, Minneapolis, MN
• Senior Design (magnetically detecting location of football)
• Microcontrollers (with Lab)
• Transmission Lines
• Power Systems Protection
• Analog and Digital Electronics (with lab)
• Electric Drives (with lab)
• Wireless Hardware Design
• Digital Design (with lab)
• Engineering Safety
• Semiconductor Devices
Skills: Computer Languages: assembly, C, C++, Java (Spring & Hibernate), Verilog, SQL and PL SQL.
Software: Altium, AutoCAD, CATIA, Matlab, P-Spice, Microsoft Office, Modelsim, SAP and Simulink
Improving System Security through Red Teaming Nov 5 – Nov7, 2013
Information Design Assurance Read Teaming, Pittsburgh PA
Power System Relaying: Theory & Application Oct 15 – Oct 18, 2013
Georgia Tech, Atlanta GA
Power Systems Engineer Jan 2013 – Present
Newport News Shipbuilding, 4101 Washington Ave, Newport News, VA 23602
• Researches, develops, designs, and tests electrical components, equipment, systems, and networks.
• Working Knowledge with Power Generators, Transformers, Microcontroller based Relays and Circuit Breakers.
• Worked on control system involving HMI, Digital to Analog Converters, Industrial Ethernet and process control.
• Steep knowledge of Motor controls, VFD and UPS Backups as well as of charging batteries.
• Familiarity with AC & DC power supply development and off-line power supplies.
Design/Manufacturing Engineer Jan 2012 – Jan 2013
American Medical Systems Inc. (AMS), 10700 Bren Road West Minnetonka, MN 55343
• Evaluates manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials.
• Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods.
• Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
Electrical Engineer (intern) Jan 2009 – Dec.2009
Celestica, Arden Hills, MN
• Developed the ability to program, set up and operate Surface Mount Technology (SMT) Machines.
• Created new programs for Printed Circuit Board (PCB) Assemblies
• Acquired the ability to follow work instruction and receive verbal or written instructions regarding duties to be performed.
• Gained experience in Soldering, assembly, testing and presenting technical information to senior engineers.
Class Project: Developed position and orientation Detection system May 2011
• In a team of five collaborated, to design magnetic detection system to detect the position and orientation of a football.
• Wrote a C code for Pic18f4550 Microcontroller to analyze the analog data collected from GMR magnetic sensors after it is converted to digital in every 0.2mile seconds and check if the ball is inside the end zone or not.
• Gained experience presenting technical information to engineers and professors.
Leadership: Vice President July 2010 – July 2011
National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE), University of Minnesota
• Developed and evaluated projects and workshops in conjunction with the program chairperson for the general NSBE members for both semesters. Resume workshop and company’s info session are some examples.
• Planned and facilitated educational lab tours for more than 300 middle school kids.
• Track and evaluate all information needed for the Chapter Development program.
To contact this candidate email firstname.lastname@example.org