Electrical Engineer, 2016 grad
Blake J Trantina
8817 Belvedere Drive
Eden Prairie, Minnesota 55347
Respected, efficient, enthusiastic Electrical Engineer with a passion for product development.
Skilled at working in cross-functional areas, designing and verifying electrical systems, and
managing resources. Experienced in analyzing flow measurement devices. Interests include
embedded systems, measurement devices, consumer products, and renewable energy.
Education: Bachelor of Electrical Engineering with a minor in Management, University of
Minnesota – Twin Cities, College of Science and Engineering, 2016. GPA: 3.32
Emerson Process Management, Eden Prairie, Minnesota
May 2014 – Present Electrical Engineering Intern
• Developed flow measurement devices using vortex and
• Performed design verification testing on multiple device models.
• Responsible for organizing and managing the testing of production
boards via limited oven room resources.
• Supported senior engineers in designing power and sensor systems.
• Enhanced test systems using LabView and other equipment to
analyze circuitry and device startup characteristics .
• Reviewed local and international product certifications and
improved product certification reference manual.
• Coordinated actions between individuals from multiple plants.
• Educated and trained a non-engineer in the fundamentals of
soldering and circuit board assembly.
Technical Skills: Proficient in the use of electrical test equipment, including digital
multimeters, oscilloscopes, power supplies and function generators. Skilled in using related
design and test software such as PSPICE and LabView. Experienced in soldering (through hole
and surface mount), hardware assembly, and the use of control ovens for testing. An excellent
team player who understands how to manage resources and sees the opportunity cost of
Honors and Activities: Dean’s list, Spring 2013. Carl E. and Ethel A. Swanson Electrical
Engineering Endowment Fund recipient, Fall 2014. Participated in The University of Minnesota
Marching Band and the University of Minnesota Men’s Ultimate Disc Club.