1710 121ST Ave NW Apt 8, Coon Rapids, MN 55448 763-202-2218 Brandyn.Quast@gmail.com
Mechanical engineer offering five years of automated mechanical systems design experience within a manufacturing setting. Contributes reliable and realistic solutions to any problem. Keeps excellent documentation to prevent mistakes or gaps in the manufacturing process. Enjoys building custom engines and being involved in motorsports.
Mechanical Engineer –– Thiele Technologies, Minneapolis, MN, 06/2013 to present
l Worked as a team to design high speed cartoners and flexible bag filling machines for a variety of customers, from salt mines to pharmaceutical manufacturers. Each machine was customized to match the customers’ product and needs.
l Traveled to various customer sites to inspect equipment prior to designing upgrade kits. This was often driven by product evolution or updating line-shaft driven machines to have a dedicated servomotor and gearbox at each axis.
Mechanical Engineer, Student -–Daktronics, Inc., Brookings, SD, 05/2011-05/2013
l Designed manufacturing processes and equipment to assemble and protect LED display components. These processes were designed around many hours in the R&D lab focusing on producing the most robust outdoor electronic displays on the market.
l Standardized equipment among the three US manufacturing facilities. Each piece of new equipment was subject to output and quality testing prior to their production start date.
• 3D modeling using both Pro-Engineer and Solidworks
• 2D drawings, schematics, and assembly instructions using AutoCAD
• Creating spreadsheets to perform calculations, log data, and record design releases
• Writing reports to explain research results and conclusions
• Communicating with customers, internal or external, and vendors
South Dakota State University, Brookings, SD
BS in Mechanical Engineering (BSME), 05/2013
• Special Electives: CFD, Hydraulics, Internal Combustion Engines, and GD&T
• Chief Engine Development Engineer of the SDSU Formula SAE team for 2010-2011 season
o Adapted 600cc EFI engines to run on E85 with the use of tuning software and an engine dyno
• Designed a hydraulic, pinion-mounted braking system as a capstone design project. Stress analysis was performed with Solidworks 3D modeling software to ensure a minimum safety factor of 2.
To contact this candidate email Brandyn.Quast@gmail.com