BRENT L. FRUECHTE
3185 Pine Valley Terrace
Abrams, WI 54101
Manufacturing / Industrial / Project Management or Engineering
• Over 27 years experience in Manufacturing and Assembly Management and Engineering. Assuming rolls of Industrial, Manufacturing, Plant, Project, and Design Management and Engineering. Facility Layout, Production Planning, Technical Customer Support, with experience in ISO 9001, MRP, and LEAN.
• Results driven, productive, excellent in problem solving and multitasking with limited resources.
• Strong skills and experience in facility and process layout for maximizing space optimization and efficiency.
• Experience in all aspects from need to implementation of capital equipment and facility improvements.
• Experienced in determining personnel requirements, capacity and capital requirements base on forecasts.
• Experienced in managing production and inventory within a MRP & ERP systems to maximize cash flow.
• Experienced in continuous process improvement, cost/time reduction, process mapping, and line balancing
• Experience with many computer programs including CAD Key, Auto CAD, ERP & MRP systems, and Office.
• Management & supervisory experience with working in both union and non-union environments.
Sr. Industrial/Manufacturing Engineer – 7/2011 – 2/2016 Enstrom Helicopter Corp. Menominee MI
• Responsible for plant & capital equipment requirements, layout, justification, selection and implementation.
• Managed $ 8M+ expansion project increasing plant size 100% and infrastructure to increase production by 400%.
• Managed master production schedule, quarterly personnel requirements, capacity availability, process routings, setting standards, improving efficiency ,and gaging department and work center performance.
• Development and implementation of processes for MRP systems, lot control, and inventory management.
• Industrial Engineer Contractor from 7/2011 to 2/2012.
Industrial Engineer – Contract 3/2011 – 7/2011 Case New Holland Racine, WI
• Responsible for Time Studies, Process Routings, SOP’s, Station & Line Layout of Main Assembly Line.
• Consult recommendations for process and fixture improvement. Implementation & Training for added 2nd Shift.
Industrial Engineer – Contract 3/2010 – 11/2010 Oshkosh Truck Corp. Oshkosh, WI
• Responsible for Time Studies, Process Routings, Visual Work instructions, SOP’s, Fixture Design & Improvement, Robotic Welding, Station & Line Layout, Armor Traceability, applying lean manufacturing.
• Contract only for FMTV Cab phase 2. Consult recommendations for process and fixture improvement.
Industrial Engineer – Contract 2/2010 Voith Fabrics Appleton, WI
• Specific assignment verifying and introducing new production and incentive formulas for current processes.
Process Improvement Coordinator 8/2007-8/2008 DCI Cheese Inc. Green Bay, WI
• Assumed all responsibilities of Plant Engineer. Responsible for capital projects within the plant, including project management, design, layout, obtaining bids and working with contractors, and scheduling for minimal interference with production.
• Made necessary design changes to process equipment and production lines to optimize efficiency, reduce waste, and set-up reduction. Reduced scrap by over 75%.
• Responsible for time studies and setting production rates and efficiency levels for various production lines.
• Industrial Engineer Contractor from 8/2007 to 3/2008.
Entrepreneur / Owner-Manager 2003 to 2008 BF Industries, LLC Green Bay, WI
• Developed and started a discount dry cleaning business. Expanded to 7 locations with 26 employees
• Responsible for all aspects of business, including initial set-up, layout, operations and maintenance to equipment.
Maintenance Supervisor IV 2001 to 2003 Georgia-Pacific Corp. Green Bay, WI
• Supervised and managed up to 20 machinists in the Machine Shop for the Green Bay West facility.
• Responsible for repairs and rebuilds of Gear Boxes, Pumps, Rolls, and a variety of equipment.
• Applied Lean Manufacturing to the machine shop reducing stock inventory, increasing flow of work orders, and elimination of redundant equipment and fixtures by use of various Kaizen events and 5-S processes.
Sr. Manufacturing Engineer 1998 to 2001 M B Companies, Inc. Chilton, WI
• Directly managed 28 people within the Manufacturing Services department, which included within 2 plant locations. Managed schedules, budgets, capacity requirements, and production supply costs to meet goals.
• Developed and implemented change to facility layout to maximize space usage and reduce material handling and energy costs through Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen events, 5-S and Point of Use concepts.
• Designed fixtures for variability to reduce manufacturing and assembly time over 50%.
• Responsible for determination, justification, purchase, and implementation of capital equipment acquisitions based on production needs as well as facility improvement projects.
Manufacturing Engineer 1993 to 1998 Will-Pemco, Inc. Sheboygan, WI
• Designed machining and welding fixtures, which reduced assembly and manufacturing time over 50%.
• Applied Lean Manufacturing and Kanban systems with use of 5-S processes and VMI within workcenters.
• Developed and implemented ISO-9001 procedures and work instructions.
Design / Manufacturing Engineer 1990 to 1993 Precision Screw Thread Corporation Muskego, WI
Applications Engineer / Inside Sales 1988 to 1990 Ballscrews & Actuators Co. Inc. San Jose, CA
San Jose State University, B.S. Degree, Industrial Technology, 1987 San Jose, CA
Huntingdon Technical College , Mechanical and Production Engineering 1983 Huntingdon, England (UK) (British equivalent to Bachelor of Science Degree)
Lean Manufacturing, formal training completed at Will-Pemco 1995