This resume has been forwarded to you at the request of Monster User xnerx01 jacob enoch
Last updated: 03/03/16
Job Title: no specified
Company: no specified
Rating: no specified
Screening score: no specified
Status: no specified
Calgary, AB T2R1E3
Quick View Links:
Resume Headline: Brent Till Resume Resume Value: hi7fffctd84r8bwh
Cell: (403) 554-3786
• Eleven years practical experience working in fast paced environments under tight deadlines where safety and quality are imperative.
• Experience in instrumentation construction, turn-over, commissioning, start up, coordination, engineering, procurement and design.
• Quick learner and enjoys conquering new challenges and solving problems.
• Passionate about instrumentation controls and process design.
Instrument & Controls SpecialistBantrel2015-current
• Provide instrumentation, controls and electrical support for Fortis Tilbury LNG project.
• Lead Hardware FAT at vendor shop for all DCS/SIS control panels before shipped to site.
• Review all Modbus and configuration data for all third party interface packages.
• Validate the project I/O assignment, workstation graphics, cause and effect functions and Modbus addressing during Software FAT.
• Provide QC support for instrumentation installations details.
• Develop level setting diagrams and calculations for level instruments.
• Generate MTO for all bulk instrument items (tubing, fittings, supports, etc.) for site construction team.
• Create external power electrical list for all control panels and instruments requiring 120VAC.
Instrumentation Field EngineerBantrel2014-2015
• Field Engineer for ConocoPhillips Surmont 2 facility southeast of Fort. McMurray.
• Lead instrumentation final walk downs with the client, C&SU and contractor.
• Review and sign off all instrument Quality Inspection Reports.
• Resolve all technical instrumentation issues through RFIs from contractor, C&SU and operations.
• Participate in HAZOP/SIL review for additional process modifications.
• Issue on site material requisitions for instrument repair and purchase.
• Generate non-conformance reports to vendors not complying to client specifications.
• Verify and sign off As Built datasheets and wiring diagrams.
• Coordinate instrument loop release from construction to C&SU.
Instrument & Controls SpecialistBantrel2012 – 2014
• Responsible for providing instrumentation & controls support for all mechanical packages (Instrument Air, Cooling tower, Flare, RFG Compressor, Effluent Water) on the Suncor Voyageur Project.
• Review vendor quotes and bid evaluations ensuring technical aspects are met.
• Interface with the client and vendor, resolving any issues and confirming packages are built to customer specifications.
• Review and sign off squad check documents submitted by mechanical package vendors.
• Coordinate client and vendor RFIs and TDNs.
• Provide QC support for instrument index, instrument datasheets and material requisitions on the Cenovus Bear Lake Project.
• Participate in the 3D Model review with the client to ensure proper instrumentation installation for operability and maintenance.
• Develop control narrative and review cause and effect diagrams.
• Create control valve, analyzer and nuclear profiler datasheets for the Husky Sunrise Phase 2 Project. Review and sign off all corresponding Technical Bid Evaluations.
• Develop instrument index with AVEVA software.
• Prepare fire and gas P&IDs and layout drawings.
Instrument & Controls SpecialistJacobs Engineering2011 – 2012
• Provide engineering and procurement for multiple Syncrude Canada Ltd. Projects.
• Prepare MTOs, MRQs, MRPs and cost estimating reports for instrumentation. Work with multiple vendors to receive competitive quotes for the client.
• Order instrumentation and create datasheets based on process information and vendor recommendation.
• Develop cause and effect diagrams.
• Create instrument and I/O index using InTools database.
• Involved in HAZOP meetings and discussions with the client.
• P&ID development, ensuring instrumentation and control functionality.
Instrumentation Field EngineerJacobs Engineering2010 – 2011
• Part of Suncor Energy’s Field Engineering, Construction Management Team for Firebag Stage 3 SAGD facility northeast of Fort McMurray.
• Involved in instrument and control walk downs and system turn over.
• Coordinate system turn-over meetings between site contractor and C&SU.
• Prepare I&C turn-over packages.
• Involved in SAT for DCS and SIS control systems.
• Ensure safe and functional installations for instrumentation.
• Confirm and sign all instrumentation drawings for final turnover packages.
• Provide guidance to construction contractors and home office engineers in resolving RFIs, DCNs and FCNs.
Boiler Service TechnicianHTH HeaTeacH2009 – 2010
• Performed commissioning and start up on boilers throughout Alberta, British Columbia and Saskatchewan, often under tight timelines.
• Applied theoretical and practical concepts to diagnose problems and troubleshoot mechanical and electrical issues.
• Installed, tuned and configured control systems.
• Performed combustion analysis on boilers to ensure safety and efficiency was achieved.
Instrumentation TechnicianBraid Ind. Services2008 – 2009
• Installed and calibrated instruments at Petro-Canada SAGD plant northwest of Fort McMurray.
• Completed all remaining hours for Journeyman Instrumentation Technician certification.
• Worked 21 on, 7 off shifts, putting in long hours every day.
• Pre-commissioned instruments before start up.
• Trouble shot both electrical and pneumatic problems.
• Reading and interpreting installation drawings, data sheets and commissioning forms.
• Redlined outdated P&ID drawings with current field installations.
• Updated instrument datasheets to reflect current information.
• Worked with InTools to create an up to date database system.
Manufacturing TechnicianSpartan Controls2006 – 2008
• Assembled Renvues, Milleniums, Delta-Vs, Gauge boards, RTUs and PLCs in the Compressor Shutdown department.
• Maintained safe work practices.
• Produced work to a high quality standard and consistently maintained a low rate of nonconformance.
• Read and interpreted pneumatic and electrical drawings and specifications.
• Consistently finished work ahead of schedule.
• Trained new employees and ensured work was up to standard.
Instrumentation TechPropak Systems2005 – 2006
• Installed instruments and tubing on compressor stations and coolers in the instrumentation department.
• Coordinated with other trades and disciplines to complete work under very tight deadlines.
• Obtained basic welding and pipefitting skills.
• Safely operated overhead cranes.
Education and Training
Instrumentation Engineering TechnologySAIT PolyTechnic
• Started program in August 2007 and graduated with Honors in April 2009.
• Excelled in process control, fluid mechanics, electronics, DCS and instrumentation fundamentals.
• Disassembled, reassembled, and calibrated instruments/analyzers in a laboratory environment.
• Worked with ABB and Delta V software for DCS simulations.
• Setup and monitored Fieldbus and SCADA applications.
• References available upon request
Additional Info BACK TO TOP
Current Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Work Status: Canada – I am authorized to work in this country for any employer.
US – I am authorized to work in this country for any employer.
Target Company: Company Size:
Target Locations: Selected Locations: Canada-AB-Calgary
To contact this candidate email email@example.com