Exelon Nuclear, Electrical/I&C Design Engineer
Brian Kuhn, E.I.
2518 Fields South Drive Apt 107
Champaign, IL 61822
My objective is to obtain a position working with electrical control systems applications and to cultivate my skills in electrical engineering.
Bradley University, College of Engineering, Peoria, IL, May 2010
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Business Management Minor
Fundamentals of Engineering Exam – Illinois, passed October 2009 (E.I.)
Exelon Nuclear, Electrical/I&C Design Engineer, Clinton Power Station, Clinton, IL, July 2011 to Present
• Maintained and defended site design basis. This includes understanding designed plant configuration, performing and revising calculations, and performance of design changes.
• Examples of Design Projects which I performed from concept to completion include the following:
o Installed LED lighting in our containment building.
o Transformed a Cam-driven control panel to a PLC-driven system for our spent fuel pool filter/demineralizer.
• Interfaced with supporting departments on a regular basis, including plant engineering, maintenance, maintenance planning, operations, regulatory assurance, and procurement engineering departments.
• Participated in emergent projects, including troubleshooting, contingent design work, and field engineering support.
• Participated in plant outages involving extended work shifts and constant troubleshooting.
• Gained an understanding of:
o Large-scale power management
o Power calculations, including breaker sizing, relay coordination, load tabulation, and power modeling.
o Instrument setpoint calculations,
o Electromechanical devices (such as motor-operated valves, pumps, etc)
o Lighting fixtures, including standard fixtures and stand-alone emergency battery pack lighting
o Low/medium/high voltage systems
o How to read electrical drawings, instrument and piping drawings, and ladder logic drawings.
• Experienced being a point of contact for government inspectors (NRC) and assisted in preparation for and participation in site audits.
• Became educated in the nuclear industry, which involved constant training, an appreciation for shared power industry operating experience, and an ability to adhere to proceduralized thinking.
Walgreens, Photo Clerk Specialist, Bloomingdale, IL, October 2010 to June 2011
• Develop customer photographs using Walgreens development equipment.
• Perform routine maintenance and troubleshooting on photograph equipment as necessary.
• Run cash registers at either the photo desk or the front registers.
• Responsible for cleaning the store and maintaining store shelves, including stocking inventory.
EYP MCF, Ltd., Electrical Engineering Intern, Chicago, IL, Summer 2008
• Gained experience with using Auto CAD to update electrical schematics.
• Assisted engineers in their projects, including updating the electrical single-line diagrams for an oil refinery.
• Learned about and created labels for Arc Flash warnings for electrical equipment.
Rainbow Glass & Trim, Ltd., Roselle, IL, Summer 2007
• Auto, window, patio, and shower door glass, and auto upholstery
• Traveled to clients, supported service installation, and delivered glass products
• Taught hands on experience with tools and installation and gave client contact experience
Experience BACK TO TOP
Job Title Company Experience
Electrical and I&C Design Engineer Exelon Nuclear – Present
Additional Info BACK TO TOP
Current Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Date of Availability: Negotiable
Work Status: US – I am authorized to work in this country for any employer.
Active Security Clearance: None
US Military Service:
Citizenship: US citizen
To contact this candidate email email@example.com