BRIAN M. MEYERS JR.
BRIAN M. MEYERS JR.
Cell: (814) 525-8386
185 Ivy Drive Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Manchester, PA 17345
To obtain a challenging position in a high quality engineering environment where my resourceful experience and academic skills will add value to organizational operations.
Kelvion (Formally GEA Heat Exchangers), York, PA December 2014 – Present
o Designing gasketed and welded plate and frame heat exchangers for HVAC, Food, and Industrial markets.
• Using selection software program with lots of assumptions to accurately provide the best solution for the customer’s specific application constraints.
• Coordinating with sale managers to create quotes for heat exchangers.
• Reading detailed specifications for the industrial industry which includes: Power, Refineries, and Oil and Gas.
• Working with Engineering and product management on the products performance and design parameters.
• Responding, supporting, and educating the sales force in the marketplace on a daily basis to accomplish successful applications as well as supporting customers with technical support.
• Assisting in heat exchanger design, bill of materials, and order processes.
Metso Minerals, York, PA May 2012 – November 2014
Project Engineer, Mechanical
o Designed large horizontal crushing mills of various sizes using AutoCAD and Inventor.
• Worked with contract managers, customers, suppliers, and other engineers throughout projects.
• Worked on projects from start when mill is received, to finish when mill is finalized and constructed.
• Responsible for solving problems that occur over the course of the project and after the project is completed.
o Worked with proposal group doing the technical information for customers under time constraints.
• Worked with AutoCAD and Inventor to produce general arrangement drawings and models of horizontal mills, of various sizes, the customer is looking for.
• Filling out data sheets for specifications of the future mills.
• Reading vendor quotes for information for customer.
o Created new and modifying existing spreadsheets in Excel to solve engineering situations that may occur and for deciding on sizes and weights of certain parts.
o Created drawings, material numbers, bill of materials, etc. through AutoCAD and SAP.
• Also using Aton to search for commercial parts.
o Designed new lab equipment and modifying old lab equipment to make improvements.
• Designed a horizontal jar mill for current needs and for future production.
• Modified an existing Vertimill lab unit to fit current needs and for future production.
o This position included the following engineering skills:
• Reading and interpreting drawings and specifications, managing multiple projects simultaneously.
• Designing and creating drawings that include: rigging and millwright, mechanical installation, steel fabrication, welding, machining, and assemblies.
Veeder-Root, Altoona, PA March 2012 – May 2012
Engineering Lab Technician (Contracted through Aerotek)
Somerset Welding & Steel, Somerset, PA February 2012 – March 2012
J&J Truck Bodies and Trailers
Mechanical Engineer (Temporary)
• Responsible for recording time studies on workers and the assembly line movement while learning about the products, the manufacturing process, and the assembly line; suggesting ways to make the processes more efficient.
• Designed the current floor plan of trailer plant and each machine inside the plant and helping with future plans to expand the plant. Hand drew machines then drew them up in Inventor.
• Learned about the physical and mechanical aspects of the DynaHauler Steel Pressure Vacuum Tank PVT and the DynaHauler Tank Trailer.
• Created and modified spreadsheets in Microsoft Excel.
• Designed a jig for a product to help increase production.
• Designed a “rolling” table to help make rolling metal easier.
Concurrent Technologies Corporation, Johnstown, PA May 2008 – February 2009
Mechanical Engineer Intern
• Computer: Autodesk Product Design Suit (AutoCAD, Inventor, Vault), Solidworks, SAP, Mechanical Drawing, MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Lotus Notes, Pro Engineer, Finite Elemental Analysis (Ansys, Inventor, Solidworks), LabVIEW, Aton, HTRI Software
• Fluid mechanics, Thermodynamics, Heat Transfer.
University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown, PA
Major: Mechanical Engineering Technology
Graduated: December 2011
Senior Project: Electric Arc Furnace Ladle Pre-heater
Greater Johnstown High School, Johnstown, PA
Graduated: June 2007
LCBC Church, York, PA September 2013 – Present
• Volunteering on the traffic control team
Weight lifting, mountain biking, longboarding, gaming, gardening