15132 French Drive North
Hugo, MN 55038
SUMMARY OF EXPERIENCE
• Proven ability to identify needs and implement strategies that improve safety, performance, cut costs, and improve operational efficiency. Committed to working with colleagues and coworkers to achieve corporate goals. Experienced in a variety of manufacturing environments, supervising 50-plus employees, both union and non-union, including assembly lines and shop floor job stations. Excellent team building and interpersonal skills; work effectively with individuals at all levels.
• Union/Union-Free Environments • Continuous Improvement • Materials Management
• Custom Manufacturing • Interviewing and Hiring • Microsoft Office/SAP/Payroll
• Assembly Lines and Job Shops • Corporate Training/Instruction • First Aid/Ergonomics
• Workplace Safety (OSHA) • Hazardous Material Handling • Material Handling
Production Supervision 1992 – 2014
• Materials Planning Supervisor (2013 – 2014) • Material Handling Supervisor (2004 – 2005)
• Production Supervisor (2011 – 2013) • Area manager (1998 – 2004)
• Manufacturing Supervisor (2010 – 2011) • Material Handling Supervisor (1992 – 1998)
• Value Stream Supervisor II (2005 – 2009) • Self-Published Author/Trainer (2014 – 2016)
Innovent Air Handling Equipment, Minneapolis, MN (2011 – 2014) – Leading
manufacturer of custom-designed high-efficiency refrigeration,
dehumidification, heat transfer and energy recovery air handling equipment.
Production Supervisor/Materials Planning Supervisor
Coordinated the activities of 40 to 50-plus regular and seasonal hourly production employees and 4 team leaders in a custom manufacturing environment. Organized and implemented daily production plans. Daily problem solving and issue resolution. Interviewed, hired, and set up training programs for new hires. Managed stocking and purchasing requirements with 12 off-site material specialists, buyers, and procurement personnel. Built and maintained superior relationships and lines of communication with vendors. Ensured availability of parts and raw materials to prevent production delays.
Wilbert Plastics Services, White Bear Lake, MN (2010 – 2011) – A leading
multi-location custom-manufacturer of highly engineered thermoformed and
CNC-crafted parts and assemblies for a variety of industries.
Prioritized work schedules and delegated assignments for 50 to 60-plus regular and seasonal employees, including team leaders, dock workers, material handlers, and machine operators. Directed all aspects of production and support operations, and interfaced with managers, schedulers, and engineers. Utilized staffing agencies to recruit new employees, and implemented training programs for new hires. Conducted employee performance reviews. Proactively identified and removed unsafe conditions and procedures. Met daily with teams to review safe practice and procedure, and to insure compliance.
Andersen Windows, Bayport, MN (2005 – 2009) – Leading manufacturer of
windows and doors in for the home building and home remodeling
Value Stream Supervisor II
Supervised the activities of up to 60 regular and seasonal employees, and coordinated the activities and priorities of up to 3 engineers and a team leader in the supermarket/warehouse, vacuum forming, and extrusion areas. Introduced automotive assembly line concepts and incorporated wheeled-cart delivery of line-side production parts (Kanban) to reduce forklift traffic in confined areas. Reduced vacuum-former changeover times in the fabrication department by 22%. Researched, tested, and implemented an employee suggestion giving the company more than $600,000.00 in documented annual savings; personally recognized, and employee received a $25,000.00 cash award.
Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company (Goodyear Technical Center
Manufacturing Plant at corporate headquarters 1998 – 2004) – A leading race
car tire manufacturer headquartered in Akron, Ohio
Tech Center Manufacturing Area Manager
Managed the activities of 18 production employees in mixing, extrusion, and curing departments. Reduced OSHA reportable incidents by over 50% by designing, training, and implementing systems to track and monitor safety compliance and accountability. Reduced departmental costs of supplies by designing, training, and implementing systems to track and monitor usage Perfect record of success in producing and delivering a variety of different race car tires of the highest quality to race tracks on time; never missed a race. Consistently received highest customer satisfaction ratings.
Ford Motor Company (Lorain Assembly Plant in Lorain, Ohio 1992 – 1998
and Cleveland Engine Plant #1 in Brook Park, Ohio on a 1 year contract 2004
– 2005) – A leading American multinational automaker
Material Handling Supervisor
Supervised teams of 8 to 25 hourly Material Handling forklift drivers and office personnel plant-wide in union-shop automotive assembly line and engine assembly line environments. Had responsibility for all material handling, warehousing, and assembly line line-feeding activities. Performance indicators included: Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, and Scrap Reduction. Award winning performance and recognition in new model changeovers and quality. Conducted performance evaluations and reviews.
Kent State University, Kent, Ohio 1985
B.B.A. – Bachelor of Business Administration with Computer Science emphasis
Continuous Improvement • Safety • Employee Relations • On-Time Delivery • Cost reduction