Assistant Manager – Polaris Industries Inc
651 361 0939
White Bear Lake, MN 55110
Assistant Manager Polaris Industries Inc Wyoming, MN
August 2011 to Present
Polaris designs, engineers, manufactures and markets innovative, high quality off-road vehicles, including all-terrain vehicles (ATVs) and the Polaris RANGER® for recreational and utility use, snowmobiles, motorcycles and on-road electric powered vehicles. Polaris is a recognized leader in the power sports industry, among the global sales leaders for both snowmobiles and off-road vehicles.
• Handling team of engineers working on design and development for Model launch programs for off-road vehicles.
• Checking and Guiding the Offshore team in Drawing and Design Requirement.
• Providing Proper Input to execute the task at offshore.
• Producing Drawings and Making Changes as per the DFM/Vendor requirement.
• Analyzing the Proposed Dimension changes by the Assembly Line and the Vendor.
• Process and Quality Engineer activity’s for off Road Vehicle.
• Design & Development of automobile sub-systems like Steering, Suspension system, Chassis frame, ROPS.
• Bench marking by Vehicle Tear Down and studying the Best Manufacturing Practices and Cost Reduction ideas.
• Vehicles Teared down for benchmarking/Cost reduction are:- High end Luxury Sedan/Golf cart/off-road vehicle/Hybrid truck/Fully electrical truck.
• Hands-on Design Calculations, GD&T, Tolerance Stack up Analysis, DFMEA & DFA/DFM for the proposed system designs.
• Packaging Steering/Suspension/Cooling/Seat assembly considering all DFA aspects.
• Establishing a reasonable project development schedule from concept to production implementation in line with overall business requirements.
• Support all design related component styling, purchasing and manufacturing issues with emphasis on quality, reliability, timely delivery, and cost.
• Constant involvement in Weight and Cost Reduction activity with each new model release.
• Involved in Warranty related Issues and giving appropriate Design Solution.
• Benchmarking Existing Buyout/Off the Shelf Component and converting then into Prototype with Cost-effectiveness.
• Design Reviews on Projects to ensure adequate input and involvement from all interested groups.
• Preparing Packaging for off road Vehicles, Proposing New Concepts to suit new design requirements.
• Determine ideal component manufacturing route to ensure overall design, performance, and cost conformance.
• Determine nature and type of electronic models, detail drawings, and analysis required to support product development.
• Prepare preliminary sketches and/or schematic diagrams and/or presentations to aid in the understanding and solution of engineering problems.
• Lead design reviews on projects to ensure adequate input and involvement from all interested groups.
• Analyze field problems and recommend possible solutions.
• Support Torque and Quality Auditors.
• Prepare monthly project status report.
• Maintaining the BOM and making Engineering Changes.
• Created CAD models and drawings using Croe-3.
• Tear down the Vehicle and Looking for cost reduction opportunities, vehicle tear down and looking for best practices and implementing on the existing design.
• 20 Pound of weight Reduction on the existing Vehicle.
• Quality Improvement on Production Line Introduced 8 Vehicles in the span of 3 Months.
• Contributed to productivity and process improvements in design;
• Successfully lead MY14 Polaris BRUTUS VA/VE project resulting in 55 actionable cost/weight reduction ideas.
• Reduced Sheet Metal component cost by redesigning for proper Nesting resulting in 20% of cost.
• Successfully managed engineering projects with leading a team of 5-15 subordinates.
• Provided engineering consultancy to Sales Management teams for engineering business development activities resulting in business growth of 200% in a two year period.
India as Team Lead NeilSoft Limited Pune, Maharashtra
July 2008 to August 2011
• Leading projects from concept to production by developing mechanical systems for Injection Molding machines and Dipper Packaging machines.
• Lead project scheduling and budgeting to successfully and quickly complete engineering projects.
Carrying out variation analysis for product performance and design validation; initiating the teardown and cost analysis of the products.
• Analysis the Existing Design and suggesting Improvement in it
• CAD data Integration.
• Preparing Complete Safety Guarding for Plastic Injection Molding machine.
• Provided technical guidance, peer review and mentorship to junior engineers.
• Prepared, checked and coordinated documentation to support component design and application.
• Designing, developing, reviewing and conducting coordination for test programs, mechanical components, systems, process and materials.
• Working with laboratory personnel in defining design validation requirements, to work with divisions or suppliers to define manufacturing requirements, and to identify field quality and manufacturing issues.
India as Senior Engineer Kloeckner DESMA Machinery Pvt
January 2004 to July 2008
• Development of New Machine and freeze Complete Machine Specifications
• Worked on various projects related to Product design & development, complex part modeling, reverse engineering, sheet metal, large assembly modeling and drawing generation.
• Converted the 2D drafting of Fixtures of casting components to 3D modeling that included Master assembly development, making manufacturing drawings and BOM.
• Performed detailed calculations to establish manufacturing, and installation standards and specifications.
• Investigated Equipment Failures to Diagnose Faulty Operation and made Appropriate Maintenance
• Created Bills of Materials (BOM) and Certifications.
• Created CAD models and drawings using Unigraphics NX2
Description: Completely Design Compression Injection Molding machine for Indian Market with all appropriate Casting and Manufacturing capability of vendors. Engineering parts and developing equivalent material grade comparing to DIN and Indiana standard specifications
• GD&T, Sheet metal and Plastic components design guidelines, Safety Guard, Mold Design
• Quality assurance and Quality checks for CAD models
B.E. Mechanical Engineering Dr. D.Y Patil College Of engineering-Maharashtra
High School Diploma Mechanical Sir Bhavsinghji Polytechnic Institute (Gujarat University)
CAD Software’s: Pro-E, Windchill PDM link, Unigraphics NX2, Team Center, Ansys Workbench
Present Address: 1813 Cedar Ave, Apt # 201, White Bear Lake, MN, 55110