This resume has been forwarded to you at the request of Monster User xnerx03 pulled, emailed l3 me
Last updated: 05/06/14
Job Title: no specified
Company: no specified
Rating: no specified
Screening score: no specified
Status: no specified
Dix Hills, NY 11746
Contact Preference: Email
Quick View Links:
Resume Headline: ChenHu_resume, Mechanical Engineer Resume Value: 4d7cj5262q769wgz
21 Shoreham Drive West
Dix Hills, New York 11746
(631) 355-4288 (Cell) / (631) 254-8268 (Home)
An accomplished Mechanical Engineer with three years of progressive experience, covering both commercial and governmental sectors. Demonstrated capabilities include full cycle parts and assembly development experience, including conceptualization. Additional strengths include Design, Simulation, Drawing, Testing and Documentation with SolidWorks packages and MS Office suite. Works effectively through independent or team member efforts. An analytical, resourceful, detail and quality oriented self-starter with effective problem solving and communication abilities. Possess extensive relevant educational background.
Mechanical Design/Analysis: SolidWorks Professional, SolidWorks Simulation, SolidWorks Flow Simulation, DIMENSION Elite 3D Printer/CatalystEX, MECCO Laser Marking/WinLase Professional, AutoCAD, ANSYS, Motor Control, Automation/PLC
Computer Skills: includes MS Words, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook. Also extensive software programming experience of C/C++/VC/VB.Net with MS Visual Studio
Bren-Tronics, Commack, NY 2011-2014
Mechanical Engineer – Design & Analysis tools: SolidWorks, SW Simulation, SW Flow Simulation
• Designed an ABS case and redesigned a base for a 2590 battery top inverter. Performed thermal analyses utilizing SolidWorks Flow Simulation, resulting in the maximum thermal performance and the least molding cost.
• Created power outlet conjunction boxes for company’s TRAILER project, providing various AC/DC powers from multiple sources, such as solar, gas, diesel, wind and wall outlets.
• Designed other components of the TRAILER, including solar panel covers, solar panel wire conjunction covers, wind turbine post fixture etc., with sheet metals. Performed fatigue analysis on the post fixture, using SolidWorks Simulation FEA, and successfully validated the design.
• Designed a watertight Voltage Limiter and redesigned its PC Board. The design was optimized by conducting a series of SolidWorks Flow Simulation analyses.
• Designed 4-wire connection box and its PC Board for company’s SPC charger, extending the SPC charger’s capability.
• Designed tools for company’s assembly line of welding robots and gluing robot, including C-60 battery welding fixture, C-Cell battery gluing carrier, Matchbox battery gluing carrier.
• Designed various laser marking fixtures and grew them in Dimension Elite 3D printer.
• Redesigned Matchbox battery contact face cover and battery’s PC Board.
• Redesigned a wire connection box to facilitate assembly work.
• Performed thermal analysis on a water-tight Inverter with SolidWorks Flow Simulation. Both internal type and external type analyses were performed. Results agreed with those of lab test.
• Performed thermal analysis on 6-Pack Booster assembly with SolidWorks Flow Simulation. Redesigned assembly based on the simulation model yielded the best thermal performance.
• Performed stress and frequency analyses on company’s 6-Pack power station. Suggested PCB enhancement based on analysis results.
• Performed Wind Load Strength analysis on TRAILER’s solar panel structures. Combined SolidWorks Flow Simulation with SolidWorks Simulation to find design solutions.
• Performed Drop Test FEA analysis on 2590 batteries, validating new case design aimed at reducing overall weight.
• Performed transient temperature analysis on X-90 battery system, where 180 high power cells are contained in a water-tight enclosure. Recommended an oil cooling media based on analysis results.
• Performed stress and vibration analyses on various other parts, subassembly and assembly, validating and providing guidance for those new designs.
• Created LM_Run1st, a software program to manage laser marking task. This program greatly increased productivity and tremendously reduced production cost.
• Developed SmartBatLog, a user friendly GUI program to manage battery’s logging data.
• Accomplished calibration and Lens Correction tasks on factory MECCO laser marking machines.
• Generated and updated all laser job files for the MECCO laser machines with Winlase professional.
• Performed trouble shooting, setting and maintenance tasks for factory’s FUNUC welding robots and gluing robots, using PLC as resource to diagnose the causes of faults on production lines.
21st Century Wood Flooring, Dix Hills, NY 2002-2011
New Century Solutions, Bethpage, NY 2001-2002
• Developed Windows application HGSMOD for American Bureau of Shipping (ABS) using VC++. Program automatically layouts hull girders and calculates section moduli throughout vessel’s length.
CosmoCom, Melville, NY 2000-2001
American Bureau of Shipping (ABS), New York, NY 1995-2000
• Evaluated vessel designs of container ships, tankers and bulk carriers for their structural strength, seakeeping and maneuverability, using ABS’ SAFAHULL program and FEA structural analysis.
• Created various engineering programs, such as FREEBD, STMTBN, PROPLR, BUCKLONG etc. Successfully facilitated marine engineer’s tasks at shipyards.
Ph.D. candidate in Mechanical Engineering (GPA3.87/4.0), North Caroline State Univ., Raleigh, N.C.
Ph.D. candidate in Engineering Mechanics, Tsinghua University (Top Univ. in China), Beijing, China
MS Degree in Applied Mechanics, Tianjin University (First Univ. established in China), Tianjin, China
BS Degree in Shipbuilding Engineering, Tianjin University, Tianjin, China
RELATED TRAINING / CERTIFICATES
Solid Works Essentials (Mar. 2011), Solid Works Simulation & Simulation Professional (Nov. 2011)
Solid Works Flow Simulation (Dec. 2011)
Electrical Motor Control (Dec. 2013), Programmable Logic Controllers (Mar. 2014)
Additional Info BACK TO TOP
Current Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Date of Availability: Immediately
Work Status: US – I am authorized to work in this country for any employer.
Active Security Clearance: None
US Military Service:
Citizenship: US citizen
Target Company: Company Size:
Target Locations: Selected Locations: US-NY-Long Island
Willingness to travel: Up to 25% travel
Languages: Languages Proficiency Level
Chinese – Mandarin Fluent