6698 397th Avenue NW • Dalbo, MN 55017 • 612-810-0653 • dbrown_ratmaN@hotmail.com
IT Analyst » Senior Designer
Always on the leading edge of design, applying superior technical IT and engineering knowledge and experience. Determine computing needs for a 24/7 manufacturing environment including desktop support and system administration. Bring value to the organization by executing continuous process improvement, quality, cost effectiveness, and innovation. Utilize software design tools for component design and machine configuration. Strong customer service skills, and excellent communication and presentation at all levels of the organization. Highly organized and focused on detail and performance in a fast paced environment.
Computer Setup & Installation
Computer Server Management
Current IT Trends
New Product Introduction
Electrical Systems Design
Team Training & Development
Drafting & Sketches
Caterpillar, MN & IL 1998 – 2015
IT Analyst, Global Information Service, Engineering Software and Databases (2008 – 2015)
• Managed the Teamcenter as administrator for 10 sites throughout North and South America.
• Chief responsibility for the Minneapolis, MN and Wamego, KS databases.
• Provided support including helpdesk, desktop, software upgrades and patches and installation.
• Sanitized existing databases from two Teamcenter Databases for Cat Global Paving and successfully merged them into one common database.
Senior Designer, CAT Global Paving (2005-2008)
• Analyzed and coordinated design input of electrical, structural and hydraulic engineering disciplines to ensure an engineering process focused on production targets.
• Participated as a Six Sigma certified Greenbelt on multiple Six Sigma projects.
• Delivered design support ranging from concept generation to modeling and prototype development.
• Wrote specifications, test protocols, modeling, and prototype development.
• Designed and developed the electrical distribution system, operation system panel design, circuit breaker layouts, computer controller mounting and protection.
• Configured lighting systems to comply with applicable standards for equipment exported to Europe.
• Provide on-site support (Minerbio, Italy) to verify and correct prototype harness for a first build prototype.
• Played key role in implementing the Electrical Harness software and the training and development of the electrical team for designing and routing harnesses.
Principal Designer, CAT Global Paving (1998-2005)
• Designed hydraulics for new product introduction, including placing and routing cylinders, valve pumps and motors, eliminating conflicts through proper machine configuration.
• Maintained machine within its weight and physical size class, supported on a structurally sound frame.
• Measured proficiency of applicants for Pro-E design and modeling positions.
• Led the Local Pro-E Steering Group and established Pro-E guidelines and practices for CAT Global Paving.
Dan Brown, Page 2
Drafter / Designer, Light Duty Hydrostatic Design Group
• Designed lawn mower hydrostatic transmissions, Pro-E design and detailing of all components, and detailing of components within aluminum casting.
• Prepared mechanical detail drawings by developing applications and calculations of machine components.
• Prepared supporting information for bills of materials and standard parts.
Education & Training
• Green Belt, CPS, and Rapid Improvement Workshops
• Siemens Teamcenter Installation, Administration, and Visualization
St. Cloud Technical
• Drafting and Design
• Geometrical Dimensioning and Tolerancing
• Welding / Print Reading / Automotive
To contact this candidate email dbrown_ratmaN@hotmail.com