Daniel J Freeman
14 Yorktown Drive
Shamong, NJ 08088
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS:
Experience working individually or as part of a team to complete design and manufacturing projects and solve engineering problems. Familiar with a variety of engineering software. Advanced work with SolidWorks and MATLAB as well as MS Office. Extensive experience working with engineering drawings and machining.
Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering May 2016
Rowan University, Glassboro New Jersey
Thomas N. Bantivoglio Honors Concentration, Rowan Scholar
GPA 3.49, Dean’s List
PROJECTS, COURSEWORK, AND SKILLS:
– Vehicle Simulation; Automotive Engineering; Used MATLAB to find 0-60 time, 1/4 mile time, and fuel economy, for any
– 3 Dimensional Truss Solver; Finite Element Analysis; Built an Excel program to solve any 3-D truss analysis problem.
– Aerocar; Thermal-Fluid Sciences; Designed a race car in SolidWorks and ran flow simulations comparing drag and down forces.
– Dynamometer; Junior Clinic; Designed and manufactured a dynamometer with a working load of up to 500 ft*lbs to tune a SAE Baja car.
– SAE Baja; Junior Clinic/SAE Club; Machined parts according to design specifications for the Baja car and assisted in assembling the Baja car.
– Experienced using MatLAB with courses such as Intro to Mechanical Design, Mechanical Engineering Lab, Freshman Clinic, and Sophomore Clinic.
– Knowledgeable with EES and Comsol through work in Thermal-Fluid Sciences.
– Well practiced in engineering problem solving.
– Experienced in machining utilizing lathes, mills, water jets, laser cutters, and welders, through project work.
Resident Assistant September 2015 to May 2016
Rowan University, Glassboro, New Jersey
– Learned and utilized leadership skills to build a dorm community for over 45 freshman residents.
Illiano’s Cucina Italian Restaurant, Medford, New Jersey March 2012 to Current (Seasonal)
– Worked closely with other staff to ensure customer satisfaction.
Participant, SAE Baja Competition, 2014-2015
Member, Phi Kappa Psi Fraternity, 2013-Present
Mentor/Volunteer, FIRST Robotics Competition, 2013-Present
– Assisted high school students to design and build a robot that completes a game challenge.
Club Member, Society of Automotive Engineers, 2012-Present
– Worked with a team of club members to design and build a SAE competition Baja car.
Student Member, American Society of Mechanical Engineers, 2012-Present
Student Mechanical Leader, FIRST Robotics Competition, 2010-2012, Shawnee High School
– Led the designing and building of a robot to complete a game challenge. Presented the designs to a panel of engineers at Lockheed Martin.
References available upon request