5408 Clinton Ave, Minneapolis, MN
Cell Number 651-230-7198
Summary of Qualifications
• Over 20 years experience developing and introducing new products
• Strong organizational and leadership abilities
• Able to work with all functions and at all levels of an organization
• Excellent customer relations skills
• Very effective problem solver
• Familiar with a large number and variety of tooling and equipment
• Successful in expanding product lines and profits
• Experience in value stream mapping of processes
Tennant Company, Minneapolis, MN 2006 – Present
Commercial cleaning equipment manufacturer with 3,200 employees worldwide and $850 million in sales
• Senior Engineering Manager-Global Controls responsible for all electrical and electronic designs.
• Lead activities of 21 Electrical Engineers/Technicians in 4 locations (US, Europe, China)
• Successfully developing and implementing Technology and Product Roadmaps
• Developed highly successful Centers of Excellence within a global organization
• Developed and managed $3M annual budget
• Developed efficient and predictable project implementation processes
• Technical representative in key customer meetings
• Reduced time to market on major new products by 30%
PepsiCo, White Plains, NY 2005 – 2006
$40 Billion beverage and food company with 185,000 employees
• Senior Engineering Manager developing new advanced equipment worldwide.
• Transformed beverage dispensing equipment to environmental friendly foam blowing agents.
• Implemented a new fountain equipment supplier including all agency approvals.
• Implemented a development strategy to implement a green (CO2 ) refrigerant with suppliers in Greece and Brazil.
• Two patents in process
Alliance Laundry Systems, Marianna, FL 2003 – 2005
Commercial appliance manufacturing with two facilities and 1000 employees
• Senior Engineering Manager/Business Manager
• Led activities of 14 technical associates
• Set up testing criteria and remote test sites.
• Establishing necessary systems to get ISO approval on new product line.
• Overseeing product review and testing to gain U.L., C.S.A., and C.E. approval
Frigidaire Company St. Cloud, MN (Freezer Products) 1994 – 2003
Leading appliance manufacturer with 400 million dollars in sales and 1700 employees that is part of a 13 billion-dollar multinational company headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden.
Director- Engineering, Quality, Product Planning, and Procurement 2000 – 2003
• As leader of the product development department, I worked with key customers on new product introductions from concept to successful introduction into the marketplace. I was responsible for growing the commercial business to a 1 million-dollar contribution to the P & L statement in two years.
• Member of operations staff responsible for the plant-wide roll out of lean manufacturing techniques that improved operating efficiencies by greater than 20% per year.
• Improved product quality by 10 – 15% per year using six sigma tools, Gage R&R, and FMEA’s.
• Developed field/development testing at suppliers in China to improve quality and reduce lead-times.
• Implemented a successful top 50 supplier value improvement initiative, which improved total product value by 7% in one year.
• Led a multidivisional team to reduce shipping damage of all products by greater than 60% throughout the distribution process.
• Improved the operating efficiency of the receiving department through value stream mapping by 5%.
• Set up processes to reduce obsolete material losses by 25%
• Responsible for maintaining the ISO 9000 system.
• Led quarterly meetings with key customers: presented new design proposals, new quality initiatives, and reviewed customer requests for new products.
• Improved inventory from $12 million to $10 million while reducing downtime related to raw material by 90%.
Manager- New Products and Value Improvements 1994- 2000
• Responsible for all the operations of the engineering department including design, CAD development, model shop prototypes, and implementation on production line.
• Insured product quality before production through field testing programs.
• Launched a new line of commercial products to bring the company into a new market.
• Launched many new features/designs to maintain market share leadership position.
• Implemented millions of dollars in annualized cost savings every year.
• Ensured the product line met all applicable agency standards and government regulations.
• Responsible for implement several large multi-million dollar projects, meeting all timelines and goals established including meeting Department of Energy and FTC requirements.
Frigidaire Company Webster City, IA (Laundry Division) 1987-1994
Leading laundry manufacturer with 600 million dollars in sales and 1500 employees
Manager- Advanced Development Engineering 1992 –1994
• Responsible for work with key customers on designing new products for the market
• Successfully introduced electronics on appliances which secured new business with nation’s largest retailer of appliances
• Awarded 5 patents for new designs
• Worked 4 months in Japan on a joint venture development of new products
Frigidaire Company Webster City, IA 1989 – 1992
Senior Design Engineer
• Developed a “single button” fuzzy-logic control for washers
• Completed preliminary design of energy-efficient dryer
• Worked with purchasing and suppliers to develop new designs
Frigidaire Company Webster City, IA 1987 – 1989
• Developed and recommended new designs for both the product and manufacturing processes.
• Developed new electro-mechanical designs to improve costs and quality.
Masters of Business Administration St. Cloud State University
St. Cloud, Minnesota
Approximately 8 classes remaining
Major emphasis of study: Marketing and General Management
Bachelor of Science University of Iowa
1987 Iowa City, Iowa
Major emphasis of study: Electrical and Computer Engineering
To contact this candidate email email@example.com