Name: Dan Devadoss Email: email@example.com
Phone: (216) 392-2118 Location: US-OH-Avon Lake-44012 (US Citizen)
Total years experience: Job Categories: Architecture (No experience) Construction Engineering – Architecture – Surveying (No experience)
Job Title: Lead Engineer September 2016
Company Name: Energy Industry
Cleveland State University; Fisher Rosemount RS3, Fisher; Siemens PCS7, Bailey OIU and Moore APACS; Emerson, Safe-Tronics, Mits
Wonderware InTouch, Wonderware In Track, Wonderware Suite voyager; Siemens WinCC, Siemens WinCC Flex, Intellution IFIX, Intelluti
Additional Skills And Qualifications
Recent Job Title: Lead Engineer Recent Wage:
Managed Others: Languages Spoken:
Security Clearance: No
Desired Wage: Desired Employment Type:
Desired Travel: Desired Commute:
141 Sunset Road,
Avon Lake, OH 44012
Twenty years of automation and control experience including PLC system design, DCS system design, Drives systems design, SCADA design, network design, Database design, hardware design, custom software design, installation, startup, operation manuals, and training. Experience in batch control systems, process controls, regulatory control, and related processes in the manufacturing, petrochemical, chemical, pharmaceutical, glass, metals and paper industries. Vast experience in projects that involved key team interaction for project success.
B.S. Electrical Engineering, Cleveland State University
Design experience with the following software and hardware:
Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC)
AB- Contrologix, AB-PLC/5, AB SLC, Modicon Quantum, GE 90/30,GE 90/70, Siemens S7, Mitsubishi A and Q Series and Triconex
Distributed Control Systems (DCS):
Fisher Rosemount RS3, Fisher Rosemount Delta V, Siemens PCS7, Bailey OIU and Moore APACS
Drives and VFDs
Experiences with a variety of major brand of AC, DC drives and VFDs including Allen-Bradley, GE, Emerson, Safe-Tronics, Mitsubishi and ABB
Scada and HMI
Wonderware InTouch, Wonderware InTrack, Wonderware Suitevoyager Web server, Wonderware System Platform, Siemens WinCC, Siemens WinCC Flex, Intellution IFIX, Intellution Fix32, USData FactoryLink, GE Cimplicity, Rockwell RSView, Rockwell ControlView, Rockwell Winview. Allen Bradley Panelviews, Citect Scada, Mitsubishi IGot Series.
C, Visual Basic, Fortran, SQL and Assembly.
Sytech and Crystal Reports.
Microsoft Windows XP, Microsoft NT, MS Windows 2000 Professional, MS Windows 2000 Server and SCO Unix
MS SQL, Oracle, Btrieve, Dbase III and MS Access
Ethernet, ControlNet, Devicenet, Profibus, Foundation Fieldbus, Modbus, Modbus Plus, AB-Datahighway
Typical Project Experience
• Waste Water Treatment- Lead Engineer responsible for water treatment of a large process water treatment system for a Fortune 500 chip maker . With redundant ControlLogix interfaced to GE Cimplicity. The treatment process included Reverse Osmosis, Ion Exchange, Clarifiers etc.
• Chemical Industry – Lead Engineer responsible for batch control systems using ABC Batch and RS3 of Fisher Rosemount DCS. Modbus interface development to various level and temperature probes, weigh scale basic programming interface, DDE links to third party reporting software, technical writing of training and operation manuals, custom training courses for operators and maintenance, and field commissioning.
• Tire/ Rubber – Lead Engineer for Tire balancing machine programming. Used ControlLogix and Panelviews. Lead Engineer for rubber extrusion machine, using ControlLogix, Panelview Plus and RSview SE
* Pharmaceutical Industry – Batch control systems programming using Fisher Rosemount System 3 DCS , AB PLC based systems and ControlView. Projects included data management utilizing database programming, support FDA validation procedures, and C programming to fetch information from recipes stored in spreadsheets and databases.
* Petrochemical industry – Responsibilities include hardware and software design of Fisher Rosemount System-3 and Modicon Quantum PLCs, writing of training and operation manuals, custom training courses for operators and maintenance, and field commissioning. Includes design of DHT and SRU units.
* Glass Industry – Lead engineer responsible for water treatment, baghouse, and furnace cooling water functional specs, P&ID Review, PLC hardware design, PLC and SCADA Graphics programming, factory test, and field commissioning. Systems included AB PLC, Networked NT FIX CRT and AB PanelView. Automation Engineer responsible for Baghouse functional spec, P&ID review, PLC hardware design, PLC and SCADA graphics programming, factory test and field commissioning.
* Fiber Glass – Lead engineer responsible for High temperature oven control for drying fiber material. Was responsible for the entire electrical installation and operations. Supervised instrumentation installation, MCC installation and wiring, PLC panel installation and wiring. Completely installed and commissioned the system in 6 week on an overseas assignment. Lead engineer for the programming of the ControlLogix PLC, RSView32 and Wonderware Intouch, as well.
• Power Industry – Lead Engineer responsible for detailed functional and hardware specification development for an MES system to support CMH process development. MES system to collect and organize production data and product genealogy data to aid in rapid data analysis for the purpose of process analysis and development. Systems involved included InTrack MES (Manufacturing execution systems), Industrial SQL, Advantech thin clients, Webserver, and interface to custom GE-developed PC systems. Responsible for programming ControLogix PLC and Wonderware SCADA for controlling 5 Burners and 3 overfire dampers for NOx reduction project. ControlNet and Ethernet communications were used. OPC communications between Wonderware InTouch and ControLogix was established.
* Energy Industry – Lead engineer responsible for design of numerous supervisory MIS (management information systems) systems to monitor plant compressor systems and associated energy consumption. System set up to allow rapid data analysis to identify both current and future energy savings potentials. System employed Wonderware InTouch for display, Industrial SQL for historical data collection, WebServer integrated with company Intranet for remote access to screens, control, and historical data, and Windows 2000 Server.
• Designed Nitrogen and Hydrogen automated filling systems. The system involved custom Visual basic and SQL server. Custom security was created for allowing Truck Drivers to log in to system and automatically fill the truck. All information pertaining to the fill was stored in the SQL database. FDA reports were generated from the data storage
* Casinos – Responsibilities include Novell network setup, Visual Basic programming for bar-coded coupon reader, Visual Basic operator interface (12 workstations) development and Visual Basic DLL interface to Btrieve database for large capacity data storage.
• Paper Industry – Developed data acquisition system using Wonderware’s InTouch interfaced to an MS Access database. Long term Production, quality and operations information was stored in the database. – Temperature, moisture, gluegap continuous control and batch recipe dependent grade change control using PLC-5 with WonderWare InTouch running on NT 4.0. Responsibilities include PLC programming, WonderWare operator interface programming, network setup for multiple WonderWare workstations, recipe handling programming between manufacturing database holding all recipe information and lineups (Schedules) to InTouch WonderWare. SQL ODBC link programming for writing reporting information to manufacturing database for long term storage. Visual Basic programming for interfacing to grade change information files.
• Manufacturing – Lead engineer for programming ControLogix PLCs for a new sponge-making machine. ContolNet, DeviceNet and Foundation FieldBus communications were used. DeviceNet was used to communicate to 11 – 1336 Plus Drives and various sensors. ControlNet was used for communicating to remote racks and a PanelView 1000. Foundation FieldBus was used to control 20 Fisher Rosemount Flow transmitters and Flow controllers. High Speed parts tracking and control.
* Steel Industry – Multiple WonderWare stations interfaced to Bailey INFI 90 and ControlView stations interfaced to PLC-3. Responsibilities include WonderWare programming, ControlView programming and network setup. Reporting information was gathered in MS Access through SQL interface and Visual Basic interface to Telog data acquisition units for EPA reports. C programming was used in ControlView for complex calculations and custom programming. ODBC link to MS SQL database for storing long term production and operations information
* Plastics / Rubber Industries – Time proportionate heating and cooling sequencing program for plastic manufacturer. PLC-5/30 interfaced to a PanelView terminal. Responsibilities include site inspection, hardware design, PLC and PanelView programming, installation, and commissioning.
* OEMs – High speed Printing application. Extrusion and drying applications
1901 East 13th Street
Cleveland, OH 44114-3599
2014 to present
4924 Schaaf Ln,
Brooklyn Heights, OH 44131
2013 to 2014
1901 East 13th Street
Cleveland, OH 44114-3599
1997 to 2013,
1455 Danner Drive
Aurora, OH 44202
1988 to 1997
References available upon request.