Greenville, IL 62246
Phone (618) 581-5351
Job FunctionManufacturing & Production
Job TitleOperations Technician Experience 15 – 20 Years Education Some College Employment Type Any Position Type Salary $40-70k Citizenship U.S. Citizen Member No.18397555Last Activity10/30/2011
SUMMARY: Experience and education in instrumentation controls and electrical systems, covering PLC programming, electronics, motors, motor controls and instrumentation. 10 years of engineering related experience in electrical and mechanical products, with an emphasis on design, drafting, new product testing and customer technical support.
Certificate in Control Systems- GPA 4.0/4.0 2006
Certificate in Industrial Electronics/Electricity – GPA 4.0/4.0 2005
Ranken Technical College
St. Louis, MO
Central Community High School 1994
• Safe Electrical work practices (lewellen)
• Fundamentals of Electrical Theory (St. Louis Electrical Board)
• Grounding (St. Louis Electrical Board)
• Measurement and Blueprint Reading
• Manufacturing Processes
• Practical applications, Design applications, Drafting Essentials of Unigraphics V17
• Windows NT
• Microsoft Excel and Word
• Solidworks Essentials and Sheet metal Design
Covidien Mallinckrodt 9/08- Present
Maintain Troubleshoot Repair a wide range of process instrumentation and control systems in a chemical facility.
• • Complete instrument calibration datasheets and commissioning to meet FDA standards
• • Repair a wide range of instruments including pneumatic controllers, pressure transmitters corilois flow meters mag meters .
• • Follow safe work practices and permitting daily, including pipe breaking procedures, Hot work procedures, confined space, and Lock out Tag out.
• • Tune loops to rectify control problems.
• • Troubleshoot PLC and DCS issues.
Industrial Measurement Company 10/06- 9/08
Provide start-up assistance troubleshooting and design to customers. Supply product info and service on several lines of instrumentation products, covering pressure, temperature, level, flow and analytical measurements.
• • Determine customer needs and applications and provide products.
• • Trouble shoot instrumentation for customers. Customers Include: General Chemical E. St Louis, Kemira Water Solutions, Inc St Louis, MO, Southern Illinois Power Coop, Marion IL, National Corn to Ethanol Research Center Edwardsville, IL
• • Design heat-tracing layouts to maintain customer requirements for either freeze protection or temperature maintenance. Program Heat tracing controllers. Customers Include Guarantee Electric @ Center Ethanol and Afton Chemical.
Cooper B-Line Inc.
Metering Support Technician 1/06-10/06
Provide technical support for product line of watt-hour meter mounting devices.
• Answer technical questions from customers, electrical distributors and manufactures reps. Questions typically dealt with the NEC or local utility requirements.
• Assist marketing team with competitor cross-references, product training and product approval with electrical utilities.
MTO Designer 06/05-1/06
Design and price Made To Order pipe hangers and supports
• Work with customer service, manufacturing and vendors to quote costs of non-standard items.
• Advise customers/customer service on available products/ product application.
• Redesigned Product labels as part of a company wide implementation of SAP (special project)
Senior CAD Designer 10/04-6/05
Work with inventors in product development processes.
• Extensive drafting and design work on new pre-wired product offering
• Work with other designers on a new telecommunications cable management system
• Assisted in the creation of a submittal package website which gave customers, sales and customer service, the ability to create submittal packages online.
CAD Designer 2/01-10/04
Created and updated drawings and models in Unigraphics V16, V18 and Autocad 2000. Created drawings of products for customer approval.
Lab Manager/Drafter 4/99-2/01
Managed all lab testing, trained and assigned duties to other employees, coordinated lab calibrations with outside vendors, maintained test logs and quality testing files, used optical comparator along with several other measuring instruments, updated and created drawings for production and catalogs using Auto Cad 14, and 2000.
• Lowered equipment repair costs by handling repairs in-house rather than using outside vendors.
• Found over-looked problem in a defective new product and redesigned product to be effective with minimal tooling changes.
Lab Technician 12/97-4/99
Conducted a variety of tests including hardness, tensile, salt spray, and various load tests on a verity of load bearing parts for the electrical, mechanical and telecommunications industries.
• Created electronic filing system for test reports, which increased accessibility to information throughout the company.
• Checked parts for accuracy.
Prototype / Lab Technician
Assembled and tested prototypes of shaded pole, sub-fractional horsepower motors, gearboxes, pumps and blowers for potential customers. Tested sample motors in a variety of ways including: furnace efficiency, heat rise, dynamometer, airflow and pump flow testing. Job duties required the use of data logging equipment for the purpose of recording temperature, voltage and current over extended periods of time to ensure products met UL and CSA requirements.