DANIEL J. WEYERS
5258 Primrose Lane • Oshkosh, WI 54904 • (262) 617-1284
OBJECTIVE: To utilize my Engineering Leadership and Industry Experience to develop new products for new
markets and create new business opportunities.
DJW Innovations, Inc. – Owner February ’07 – Present
Theta-j Associates – Microwave Resource Engineer
• Applications, Sales and Marketing of RF and Microwave Electronics
Consultant/Engineering Services – Research & Development for various companies
• Clients include medical device manufacturers and research institutions. Extensive work in MR imaging and
spectroscopy hardware up to 7T, including 36ch 3T phased array coils, body coils, transmit arrays, TEM coils,
dual-tuned coils, TR switches, phase shift networks, cable traps, diode drivers. Performed systems engineering
manager role including technical analyses, component and system-level testing, and wrote comprehensive
technical reports, performed studies and analyses of patient safety and SAR, static and RF magnetic fields, MRI
scanner interaction problems, EMC, shielding and performance in strong magnetic fields, magnetic forces, product
reliability, and MRI image artifacts. Designed RF and analog electronic circuitry for many applications, from
concept through feasibility models. Created engineering documents, specifications, and image quality analyses.
Performed testing, analysis, and produced technical reports for 510(k) submittals. Worked closely with suppliers
and OEM’s to establish requirements, perform testing, and achieve product acceptance.
GE Healthcare, Waukesha, Wisconsin –Team Leader January ‘00 – February ‘07
• Project Lead – team designed 1.5T & 3.0T RF Body Coils, reducing SAR and acoustic noise, improving performance
while optimizing cost and reliability.
• Project Lead – team designed RF Shields for vertical and cylindrical systems, optimized performance.
• Managed development of the GE T/R head coil project for ½ cost and 10% increase in performance.
• Drove RF Roadmaps and Next Generation MRI System Architectures.
• Led teams responsible for RF power amplifiers, splitters, T/R switches, and volume coils.
IGC Medical Advances, Wauwatosa, Wisconsin – RF Project Engineer April, ‘98- January ‘00
• Designed Low Noise Preamplifiers for 0.5T, 1.0T, 1.5T, and 2.0T
• Designed volume and phased array RF coils.
Medical College of Wisconsin, Wauwatosa, Wisconsin – fMRI Research Assistant Sept, ‘96- April, ‘98
• Designed stimulus response systems for fMRI researchers on a 3.0T Bruker MRI scanner in Biophysics
• Studied gradient acoustic noise and bio-signals during fMRI
Marquette University, Milwaukee, Wisconsin – M.S. Biomedical Engineering January ‘99 – May ‘02
• Masters Thesis: 8 channel T/R Head Coil for parallel imaging.
• Courses: Electromagnetic Theory, RF Circuits, MR Physics.
Milwaukee School of Engineering, Milwaukee, Wisconsin – B.S. Biomedical Engineering Aug ’94 – May ‘98
• Dean’s List
• President Alpha Eta Mu Beta, Biomedical Engineering Honors Society (1997-1998)
• General Manager of Senior Design Teams (1996-1998)
TRAINING GE Leadership Essentials, GE Project Leadership Course I & II, MR Physics, ADS RF Simulations,
AWARDS GEHC General Managers Award for Innovation, GEHC Leadership Awards, 2nd Prize at ISMRM,
and Award for New Sales Opportunities at Theta-J, 12 Patents and 9 Technical Publications.
To contact this candidate email firstname.lastname@example.org