David B. Burch
Casper, Wyoming (307)251-9039
Knowledgeable oil and gas Fixed Equipment Inspector proficient in ASME, API Codes, shop fabrication
and material documentation review. Conducts shop audit reviews for company approved venders list.
Verification of mechanical integrity on pressure vessels, boilers, tanks, piping systems and materials
using company and industry codes and standards. Detail-oriented with extensive experience completing
internal and external inspections.
• API CERTIFIED IN 510, 570 & 653.
• ANST LEVEL II PT, UT, VT and RT.
• Team member for Corporate & Business unit audits – Mechanical Integrity.
• Proficient in Plant Condition Maintenance Software (PCMS).
ConocoPhillips/Burlington Resources Lysite, WY 1996 – 2015
Rockies Equipment Inspector 2008 – 2015
Inspected fixed equipment and established inspection intervals according to rate of corrosion as well as
remaining life calculations. Implemented Nondestructive Examination (NDE) techniques. Conducted
welder testing, maintained qualified welders list and continuity logs. Monitored fab shop equipment
progress for completeness and compliance with company codes and standards.
• Thirty-five percent reduction in the number of inspections as a result of the reconciliation of
UltraPIPE data. This expedited a successful transition to the PCMS database.
• Facilitated a fifty-two percent reduction ($340K to $162K) in inspection costs through
comprehensive bid package for contract inspections.
• Eliminated unnecessary Corrosion Monitoring Locations (CML’s) on pressure vessels and small
bore piping such as instrument air. This simplified the process and minimized costs.
Plant QA/QC Equipment Inspector 1996 – 2008
Performed yearly external and internal inspections of pressure vessels, fired equipment, boilers, piping,
tanks and material procurements. Conducted annual turnaround inspections with a thorough focus on
safety and mechanical integrity.
• Managed and coordinated inspection crews during the $400M Lost Cabin Gas Plant expansion
projects within scheduled time frames.
• Developed Plant Safety Maintenance (PSM) & Mechanical Integrity procedures.
Phillips Petroleum/KN Gas Gathering 1982 – 1995
Pipeline Inspector/Zone Supervisor Douglas, Wyoming 1986 – 1995
Supervised and coordinated the maintenance, construction and commissioning of compressor stations,
pipelines, gas plant modifications and plant turnarounds. Installation of pipeline systems up to 16-inch
diameter used in crude, natural gas, water injection and NGL service. Liaison between representatives of
government agencies, corporations and landowners to coordinate pipeline reroutes and construction
• Supervised and coordinated seven plant turnarounds.
• Installation of 4 compressor stations.
• Construction of central tank batteries and production facilities.
Gas & Gas Liquids Engineering Tech. Casper, Wyoming 1982 – 1986
A.S. – Petroleum Technology Casper College, Casper, Wyoming
A.S. – Mechanical Design Technology Pikes Peak Community College, Colorado Springs, Colorado
• NACE – Basic Corrosion Certification.
• Colorado School of Mines – Piping Design, Stress, Pulsation & Control Seminar.
• ASME – Operation, Maintenance & Repair of Plant Piping Systems.
Failure Prevention in Steam Systems.
• Primatech Training Institute – Process Safety Management.
Mechanical Integrity for PSM.
Mechanical Integrity & Reliability Centered Maintenance.
• Pipeline Transportation Safety Institute – US Dept. of Transportation.
• API – Former Member of Subcommittee Group on Fixed Equipment Inspection.
• NACE – National Association of Corrosion.
• ASME – American Society of Mechanical Engineering.
ADDITIONAL RELEVANT INFORMATION
Safety Trainer – Safety Leadership Seminars (SLS) for company and contract employees.
Administrator for the RBU Owner User Inspection Program and The State of Utah.
Cost estimation and hydraulic review of compressor stations & pipeline systems.
Negotiated permits with FERC, BLM, USFS and DOT.
OSHA regulations, Plant Safety Management PSM, Excavation Safety and Hazard Communication.
Prepared Emergency Response Plans and conducted monthly safety meetings and training.
Maintained Owner Use Inspection Program and Inspection Procedures.
To contact this candidate email email@example.com