Petroleum and Chemical Process Engineer Seeking New Opportunities
Phone (570) 269-7379
Job FunctionEngineering & Architecture, Manufacturing & Production, Other
Job Titlechemical & petroleum engineer Experience 5 – 10 Years Education Graduate Degree Employment Type Full-Time, Temporary Salary $40-100k Citizenship U.S. Citizen Member No.18286464Last Activity01/26/2016
DAVID M. DEETZ 22 Dubois Street Williamsport, PA 17701 (570) 269 7379 email@example.com
B.S., Petroleum and Natural Gas Engineering 3.9/4.0, May 2014
THE PENNSYLVANIA STATE UNIVERSITY, University Park, PA
Masters of Engineering, Integrated Product Development 3.7/4.0, May 2002
STEVENS INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, Hoboken, NJ
B.S., Chemical Engineering (Chemistry Minor) 3.2/4.0, May 1994
VIRGINIA POLYTECHNIC INSTITUTE AND STATE UNIVERSITY, Blacksburg, VA
Process Engineering Experience
– Communicated with equipment operators and various support personnel to control fracture stage operations as per customer specifications.
– Scheduled preventative and corrective maintenance of process equipment.
– Configured and maintained various software packages used for data logging, display and analysis.
– Worked with Process Development and Quality Control personnel to optimize processing of various products for quality and yield.
– Provided technical assistance on, and maintained, Fisher Rosemount RS3 distributed control system.
– Worked with customers to design control strategies, configure control loops and design operator interface displays on Fisher-Rosemount Delta V control systems.
– Arranged work and materials for process upgrades and new equipment installations.
– Participated on several cross-functional product development and improvement project teams.
– Coordinated with customers on several Fisher-Rosemount Delta V control system installation and startup projects.
– Configured and maintained computerized preventative/predictive maintenance program.
– Developed a formal spill response and containment plan.
Technical Writing Experience
– Prepared fracture stage post job reports documenting all pertinent information for customer representatives, and for internal recording.
– Wrote standard operating procedures for various plant processing equipment.
– Wrote product test reports for customers and prospective customers.
– Prepared and presented quarterly reports for various program managers.
– Scheduled and supervised shift personnel for production and maintenance.
– Scheduled and directed safety training for manufacturing personnel.
– Trained operators in various material processing and analysis techniques.
– Monitored and maintained inventories of various process materials.
– Scheduled and received raw materials.
– Prepared and arranged global shipment of customer orders.
– Scheduled and coordinated disposal of process waste.
Field Engineer, WEATHERFORD INTERNATIONAL, Muncy, PA 2014 – 2015
Full Time Student, PENN STATE UNIVERSITY, University Park, PA 2012 – 2014
Physical Therapy Aid, MAGEE REHABILITATION HOSPITAL, Philadelphia, PA 2008 – 2011
Full Time Student, DREXEL UNIVERSITY, Philadelphia, PA 2006 – 2008
Chemical Process Engineer, VIGON INTERNATIONAL, East Stroudsburg, PA 2003 – 2005
Chemical Engineer, ARMY R & D ENGINEERING CENTER, Picatinny Arsenal, NJ 1999 – 2002
Systems Engineer, CONTROL DYNAMICS, Midlothian, VA 1998 1999
Batch Process Engineer, FIRESTONE FIBERS AND TEXTILES COMPANY, Hopewell, VA 1998
Quality Control Technician, DIVERSEYLEVER CORPORATION, East Stroudsburg, PA 1994 – 1997
AWARDS AND ACTIVITIES:
– Graduated with highest distinction from Penn State University Petroleum Engineering program.
– Served as class marshal for the Spring 2014 commencement ceremonies of the department of Energy and Mineral Engineering.
– Placed first in Penn State University Petroleum Engineering capstone engineering design competition.
– Designed and implemented a water recycle process contributing to to the Governor’s Award for Environmental Excellence.
– Chevron Corporation Petroleum and Natural Gas Engineering Scholarship
– Chesapeake Corporation Petroleum and Natural Gas Engineering Scholarship
– Donald and Maureen Cordier Trustee Academic Scholarship
– George L. Ellis Academic Scholarship
– Geology of the Marcellus Shale Summer course Departmental Scholarship Summer 2012
– Edwin Drake Departmental Academic Scholarship
– Member Society of Petroleum Engineers
– Virginia Tech Chemical Engineering Departmental study abroad scholarship Summer 1993
– Robert Lynn Duff memorial academic scholarship