David W. Dorland
6100 York Ave. S.
Edina, MN 55410
(952) 215-1899 / email@example.com
OBJECTIVE – Full-time direct, contract-to-hire or contract position developing application software using languages, technologies and skills such as C#, .NET, SQL Server, OOAD, C++, WPF, WWF, MVVM, XML, XAML and TFS in an agile Microsoft development environment. Strong interest in expanding web technology skills developed during a Master’s Degree in Software Engineering project at St. Thomas and independent study (Web API, WCF, ASP.NET, MVC, HTML, and CSS).
SUMMARY – Extensive .NET and Microsoft experience with a strong background in C# and MSQL. Well tenured with retail focused organizations like Target and Kohl’s; on-site positions that were left in support of wife’s career which is now based long-term in the Twin Cities. Thrives in engagement on agile projects that are dedicated to meeting client needs and providing value.
TEKsystems for Kohl’s Department Stores, Menomonee Falls, WI (9/2014 – 6/2015)
As part of a small project team, rewrote Point-of-Sale (POS) interface to new VeriFone PIN Pad software in order to significantly reduce the potential for credit and debit cards from being compromised though use of tokenization (C# including asynchronous calls, C++, .NET, WWF, MVVM, TFS, XAML).
• Developed new features to pair PIN Pads to POS registers including connect, disconnect, test, and startup.
• Implemented many void (current and post transaction), tendering, and PIN Pad API and reliability related changes.
DWD Consulting, LLC (7/2010 to 9/2014)
Developed extensive stock trading and analysis software using Visual Studio 2010 (C#, .NET, WPF, SQL Server; SVN) and Trade Station development tools.
Added the following enhancements to an open source code project:
• Generate price bars and indicator values for multiple time periods from 15 sec to 1 month (vs. 1 time period up to an hour) and maintain a data container class for the data.
• Ability to run multiple simulations consecutively using code almost identical to real-time or paper trading modes via use of 5 second or two minute price bars.
• Storage and retrieval of historical price bar and Support/Resistance level data into/from a SQL Server 2008 database.
• Many additional standard and custom indicators including Fibonacci levels, exponential moving average, MACD, stochastics, candlestick patterns, and indicator divergences along with generation of indicator reports.
• Support for multiple accounts, manual orders and support/resistance and Fibonacci level based trading algorithms.
• Option to use Trade Station price bar data rather than Interactive Brokers data to support better data accuracy, data match with Trade Station charts, flexibility (e.g., tick data vs. 5 second minimum) and reduced data costs.
Target Corporation, Minneapolis, MN (5/2000 to 6/2010)
Senior Engineer (reorganization & title change 11/2009; promoted 10/2001 to Technical Architect)
• Led source code analysis implementation (Klocwork) with the primary goal of reducing register transaction crashes (from 1.5 per store per day to 0.6 per store per day part-time during my last three years) and performed extensive crash analysis (C#).
• Assisted the offshore dev. team with the design and development of the POS register 5% REDcard discount project (C++, SQL Server, and TFS).
• As part of a project team, designed and developed the POS register applications Reticket, Returns, and Abandons (XML consumer), data collect using XML rewrite, promotions engine, and guest messaging (C++, SQL Server).
• Led object-orientation efforts in the POS register application areas of data collection, electronic journal, and receipts.
• Led pharmacy signature capture project team which also included offshore development.
• Designed, developed and maintained numerous POS register applications including free gift card promotion, credit signature capture, gift registry, gift card inquiry, guest survey, and WIC (C++, SQL Server).
• Developed and maintained server application installations (Wise) and extended and maintained register application installations (VBScript).
• Designed, developed and maintained core applications for a new POS system put into production 2002 & 2003 (C++, SQL Server) including register data collect to store server database populator (processed $400B+ as of 2010), store parameter writer, register database build, and global register key (e.g., cashier call button).
University of St. Thomas, Master of Science in Software Engineering
2003 MSSE, focus on object-oriented and web development along with database courses
University of Minnesota, Institute of Technology, Computer Science
BSCS, focus on application software development
BACK TO TOP
BACK TO TOP
Current Career Level:
Date of Availability:
US – I am authorized to work in this country for any employer.
Active Security Clearance:
US Military Service:
To contact this candidate email firstname.lastname@example.org