7 Village Drive, Voorhees, New Jersey 08043, (609)504-8053, email@example.com
Highly skilled Industrial Engineer with experience improving quality, profitability and processes with expertise in the following:
Process Optimization, Lean Manufacturing Tools (FMEA, Pareto Charts, Fishbone Diagrams, 5S, 8D), Root Cause Analysis, AS9100/ISO 9001 Auditor/trainer/facilitator, Process Development, Customer/Supplier Interface, Mil-PRF-38534, Mil-Std-883, SMT etc.
Quality Manager, BLANCO America, Lumberton NJ, Feb 2015 – Present
Responsible for identifying and communicating product defects to corporate quality and manufacturing sites with the goal of maintaining best in class quality through continuous improvement.
• Identify and communicate customer expectation to upper management
• Perform monthly data mining /analysis of customer complaints in SAP/BH2/BW to identify emerging defect trends. Issue Supplier Corrective Action Requests and 8Ds as required.
Lead Quality Engineer, ALION Science and Technology, Moorestown, NJ, June 2013- February 2015
Contract role in full time support of the U.S. Navy PEO IWS 1AP management of the AEGIS Weapon System.
• Responsibilities include support of Production Program Reviews (PPRs), Production Readiness Reviews (PRRs), Product Oriented Surveys (POSs), Technical Assist Visits (TAVs), Integrated Baseline Reviews (IPRs), Problem Review Boards (PRBs), and Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) at various Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and vendors.
• Evaluate and determine completeness of contractor quality control plans, corrective action recommendations, production plans and risk management plans. Review the adequacy of the vendor selection process for commercial technologies.
• Serve as a PEO IWS evaluator of the equipment manufacturer’s quality, engineering and manufacturing processes to include critical processes, failure review boards, risk management, factory acceptance testing, equipment environmental qualification, QA metrics gathering, and Lean/Six Sigma events.
• Provide written and oral technical recommendations to PEO IWS 1AP staff relating to OEM/vendor issues or concerns. Prepare draft Non-Standard Parts Approval Requests (NSPARs) letters for the PEO IWS 1AP staff. Participate in review of contract proposals, Basis of Estimates (BOEs) and Technical Instructions (TIs).
Industrial Engineer, BAE Systems, Mount Laurel, NJ, July 2010 – June 2013
Contract role with the US Navy/ AEGIS Technical Representative (TECHREP) on site at Lockheed Martin’s Moorestown facility.
• Ensure that the Acquisition/Production Division Head is kept appraised of manufacturing and quality issues effecting timely delivery of Aegis Weapon Systems to building yards or ship repair facilities.
• Ensure the delivery of a fully tested system, meeting all Navy production performance criteria and schedules.
• Follow production/manufacturing efforts for all work centers, witnessing testing and sell off of equipment, addressing supplier issues including travel with Lockheed Martin personnel to supplier facilities for supplier qualification and for quality issues, while working closely with the Navy, DCMA, LM Program Managers, Quality, and work center supervisors.
Quality Assurance Specialist, L-3 Communications Systems East, Camden, NJ, June 2008 – July 2010
Program Quality Lead, responsible for all aspects of quality from the proposal kick off to the delivery of product. Responsibilities included writing and executing quality plans, developing basis of estimates, conducting quality audits, interfacing with the customers and suppliers, participating in design reviews, reviewing and generating technical documentation, cost account management, and process improvement.
• QMS maintenance, process development, corrective and preventative action resolution, process improvement.
• Performed contract reviews and prepare/implement associated quality plans. Interface with Program Office, engineering and operations to ensure all quality requirements are met. Prepared proposal inputs and estimates, interface with customers/suppliers to resolve quality concerns/issues, interface with the supplier quality organization to ensure proper flow down of contractual requirements.
• Presented during Preliminary Design Reviews (PDR), Critical Design Reviews (CRD), Production Readiness Reviews (PRR) and Test Readiness Reviews (TRR). Participated in Physical Configuration Audits (PCA).
• Issued NCRs, Member of Configuration Change Board (CCB), Material Review Board (MRB) and Failure Review Board (FRB).
• Internal/Supplier AS9100 audits, preparation of AS9102 First Article Inspection Reports and Audit facilitation during recertification audit. Drove continuous improvement efforts as a result of process and ISO 9000 / AS 9100 audits. Issued internal corrective action requests (CARs) and supplier corrective action requests (SCARs).
Quality Engineer/Supervisor C.A. Spalding Company, Croydon, Pa, March 2007 – April 2008
Responsibilities included the day-to-day supervision of inspection personnel, generating First Article Inspection Reports in accordance with AS9102 and evaluating and responding to customer complaints and rejections. Manage customer and third party audits, including all necessary internal reviews, preparation, training and corrective actions.
• Maintain and update the Quality Management System in accordance with AS9100 and customer specific requirements.
• Responsible for reducing non-conformances by dispositioning rejects, performing root cause analysis, establishing and implementing corrective action
• Create and/or modify procedures and work instructions during continuous process improvement efforts.
• Maintain calibration system.
• Manage internal audit program.
Senior Program Quality Engineer, Lockheed Martin Corp, Moorestown, NJ, June 1996 – May 1998
• Cost of Quality System Administrator: Maintained and designed upgrades to the Cost of Quality System, which monitored the cost, associated with quality issues such as rework, repair, and extra work. Supplied upper management with the cost savings associated with reducing specific defects.
• Quality Project Leader (RIU): Established procurement processes to meet space level requirements. Communicated with customer weekly and assigned action items to ensure compliance to customer requirements.
Industrial Engineer Lockheed Martin Corp, Moorestown, New Jersey, Jan 1994 – June 1996
• Performed time studies, developed standards and generated layouts of assigned work-centers.
• Applied lean manufacturing techniques and IE practices such as capacity studies, manpower analysis, and operational analysis.
• Established economic lot sizes in assigned work centers to help drive work-center performance.
• Provided analysis to drive cycle time reduction and efficiency improvement.
• Provided estimates for proposals for new business including standards, rates, capital requirements, capacity, and cycle time.
Quality Assurance Engineer, ILC Data Device Corporation, Bohemia, New York,
July 1989 to Dec 1993
• Performed contract review and generated work instructions defining quality requirements to ensure compliance with contractual obligations.
• Wrote and maintained QC inspection procedures and manufacturing SOPs.
• Communicated with customers and suppliers on quality standards, testing and compliance.
• Analyzed customer complaints on returned material, prepared failure analysis reports identifying route cause of failure, down to the component level, and issued corrective action.
• Performed qualification testing in compliance with government and commercial standards.
• Conducted process audits and generated corrective action requests.
Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering and Operations Research,
University of Massachusetts at Amherst
To contact this candidate email firstname.lastname@example.org