Derek C. Baker
4125 Beech Dr. West Salem, OH 44287
Danville High School Diploma, Danville OH August 2008 May 2012
Aviation Electrician Mate School, Pensacola, FL January 2013September 2016
University of Maryland University College, Okinawa, Japan January 2016Present
Results-Oriented Leader dedicated and determined to succeed with the following skills:
• Energetic and Results Driven
• Dependable and Reliable
• Superior Organizational Skills
• Client Focused
• Meets Deadlines
• Networking Skills
• Electrical Wiring/Installing Experience
• Coaching and Developing
• Generator Operations
• Forklift Operator
• Microsoft Office Experience
• Product Knowledge
• Employee Training
• HVAC Experience
• Inventory Control
• Audit Compliance
• Delegation Skills
• Work Center Management
• Low level echelon Generator Maintenance
Military Accomplishments and Achievements:
• Environmental Protection Agency Certification (Universal)
• Forklift Qualification 20ton Forklift
• Collateral Duty Inspector
• Container Safety Convention Inspector
• Maintenance Safety Supervisor
• Airspeed Lean Sigma Six yellow Belt
• Leadership Seminars
• NCO of the Quarter 2015
• Trained and coached over 100 Marines in their job skills and development
• Model Program in all of the Marine Corps 2014-2015
United States Marine Corps – Production/Maintenance Supervisor – September 2012 – Present
• Fully developed the skills and qualities of an exemplary Marine in job proficiency and professionalism.
• Reported Directly to Quality Assurance Representative/Officers for monthly maintenance meetings and instructions.
• Cash Management involving cost efficient decision in maintenance result in saving $160,000 per end item to the United States Marine Corps.
• Operated 100 KW and 200KW Caterpillar Generators in supplementing power to over 200 facilities.
• Directly ensured Weekly/Monthly production of work center.
• Maintained production and safety of work center during all business hours ensuring the safety of Marines first, and providing efficient quality maintenance second.
• Scheduling meetings, pass downs and lectures on guidance for production.
• Performance Improvement Plans (Attendance, Professional and proficiency)
• Resolved escalated discrepancies at job sites, with outstanding composure and resolve for task completion.
• Quality products pushed out to all customers.
• Efficiency to work center in overall maintenance and production–Inventory Control, HVAC systems, electrical installation, in transits to customer.
• Airspeed Management Lean Sigma Six yellow belt training resulting in further
• Sense of Urgency that created personal solutions to help tasks be completed in a timely manner resulting in overall work center cohesion on superior production.
• International relations experience working hand in hand with other Nations in Humanitarian aid and training
Individuals I have helped Develop over my Career:
Over the course of my time as a United States Marine i have had a hand in personally developing over 25 Marines in their lives personally , all while professionally developing their leadership and management skills and continuously teaching and coaching these individuals in HVAC, lighting, wiring installation skills and tools. I personally guided them in the correct direction to success in their career.