Self motivated and hard working individual seeks a fast paced and challenging position in the engineering field.
Montgomery, TX 77316
AUTOMATION ENGINEER Caelus Energy LLC Prudhoe Bay, AK
February 2014 to Present
–ª Provided field automation engineering support at Oil production facility on the north slope of Alaska.
–ª Ensured drill-site & production facility automation & instrumentation infrastructure operated accurately and reliably.
–ª Assisted field operations personnel with DCS system (Siemens PCS7) troubleshooting and optimization.
–ª Coordinated and resolved relevant engineering and automation issues on site.
–ª Recommended and implemented appropriate corrective action, including economic justification.
–ª Executed technical documentation review as part of automated systems integrity, telecommunications and control interfaces.
–ª Delivered projects in accordance to specified project and design standards across the entire Engineering team.
–ª Provided technical oversight for automation purchases ensuring codes and standards were met.
–ª Ensured Process Safety Management compliance including updating facility automation documentation (safety matrices, loop drawings, etc.) and participating in HAZID, HAZMAT and pre-startup safety reviews.
–ª Ensured all facility modifications comply with management of change process.
–ª Instrument sizing calculations for future exploration developments working with engineering department.
–ª Interfaced with Management across all project phases with engineering contractors and design contractors as it pertained to engineering deliverables.
–ª ProfiBus DP and PA networking and troubleshooting, as well as ModBus and Foundation FieldBus communication protocols.
SYSTEMS ENGINEER Discrete Control Systems and Safety Systems Addison, IL
October 2006 to January 2014
* Work on the setup and implementation of Discrete Control Systems and Safety Systems.
* Test and verify I/O points, data communications and configuration of PCS7 redundant controllers.
* Assist in the design, development, and implementation of advanced logic function blocks and tools to improve process repeatability and efficiency.
* Perform PC setup, configuration and integration, SIMATIC Historian database archiving and trending and HMI security setup.
* Involved in verification of fiber optic connectivity, ET200M I/O points testing and performed HIPOT testing.
* Support PCS7 and APACS/ProcessSuite DCS systems and related products (Motion Control & VFDs) and networks (Ethernet & DeviceNet).
* Provide PCS7 hardware and software start-up support as well as PROFIBUS validation and troubleshooting.
* APACS/ProcessSuite system upgrades and maintenance; and M-Bus/M-Net troubleshooting as well as experience with Modicon and WonderWare.
* Assigned to coordinate the repair and calibration of instrumentation such as pressure transmitters, temperature transmitters, level transmitters, different control valves & pressure gauges during commissioning.
SYSTEMS SOFTWARE INSTALLATION ENGINEER FMC Technologies Chalfont, PA
October 2005 to September 2006
* Charged with testing and debugging self-guided vehicles and road system development for automated vehicles.
* Initiate review and closure of Engineering Change Orders (ECOs) and Non-Conformance Reports (NCRs).
* Co-ordinate with Software Department on project simulation to verify vehicle operations and throughput.
* Assigned with automated vehicles programming and verification for site operations.
* Responsible for system installation of automated vehicles at corresponding project sites.
* Charged with surveying of reflective targets used for automated vehicles navigation.
* Responsible for on site support and troubleshooting of self guided vehicle system for Chrysler – Belvedere assembly plant project.
Bachelor of Science Electrical Engineering Temple University
Bachelor’s Electrical Engineering Temple University
2001 to 2005
* AutoCAD, MATLAB, HTML, LabVIEW, SystemView, Verilog HDL, PLC Programming, PSpice, DSP, C Programming, UNIX/LINUX, DOS, Windows 2000-XP, Visual Basic, Assembly Language, APlus Programming, Layout Wizard, SGV Web Client, Microsoft Word PowerPoint, Excel, Office Suite and Siemens PCS7 (import/export assistant, creating models and process tag types).
To contact this candidate email email@example.com