Diego (D.G.) Gomez
60 Kelloggs Corners Rd., Newfield, New York 14867
Mobile: (607) 882-0180, e-mail: email@example.com
Bilingual Mechanical Engineer Tinkerpreneur with New Product Development experience as a Mechatronics Designer / Project Engineer. With more than 6-year proficiency commissioning capital equipment projects. Superior customer service skill, excellent communication ability and a track record of building collaborative relationships with clients. Familiar with: (All the glory be to the Lord)
• 3D Modeling
• Product Conceptualization
• Instrumentation & Control
• Machine Integration
• Manufacturing Engineering
• Process Engineering
• New Product Development
• CNC, EDM, CMM, FARO Arm
• Material Flow
• Material handling equipment
• DFA-Design for Assembly
• DFM-Design for Manufacturing
SOFTWARE & HARDWARE EXPERIENCE
• Some Inventor
• Allen Bradley (Discrete automation)
Unison Industries (a G.E. Aviation company) *Contract. NPD Project Engineer 09/2015 – 02/2016
• Facilitated Manufacturing Readiness Level assessment matrix (up to MRL-6) through successive meetings.
• Facilitated CAP-Change Acceleration Process (Not Certified).
• Performed Root cause analysis.
• Went through first iterations of conceptualization and hand sketching of a potting & curing automated machine, and sped up-Statement of Work.
• I was a shadowed member of the NPD Integrated Program Team.
• Exposed to 3D printed NPD parts.
• Helped in the inspection of NPD parts drawings.
♦ People skills ♦ Mechatronics Design ♦ Fishbone diagram ♦ Fault Tree Diagram ♦ Electrical blue prints reading ♦ Fluke ♦ Metallurgy ♦
The Home Depot Lumber Associate – Ithaca, NY 03/2015 – 09/2015
• Organized merchandise neatly according to codes in shelves
• Provided excellent customer service (Restocked merchandise, saw cut wood/moldings, courtesy carried bulky and heavy items to customer’s car)
• Some custodian duties
• Used the “In-House” CAD Rendering/Budgeting tool for decking and porch projects.
Elliott Group, Ebara Corp. Project Mechanical Engineer – Jeannette, PA & Houston, TX.
08/2009 – 11/2014
• Completed warranty repair service (mechanical and Instrumentation & controls), on-site, of a $3M (approx.) 3 turbines project. Outcome: Trained customer to avoid future inconvenience, saved account, customer satisfied issued $6M (approx.) in repeat orders.
• Oversaw 2 steam turbomachines project valued at $10.5M. Took over project as primary customer contact and directed project team to turn around contentious situation and saved a threaten account. Won customer over with our commitment to his needs. Result: Saved employer’s image at national account level. Customer continues to buy equipment, spare parts, training, and service.
• Oversaw flood recovery project for a combined cycle power generation plant turbomachine’s auxiliary equipment. Procured scarce equipment and parts and coordinated team work with 3rd party vendors and companies. Result: Successful and on-time generation plant start-up.
• Constructed 3D model illustrating excessive mechanical part wear pattern in Solidworks. Outcome: Customer understood reason for unusual wear.
• Constructed virtual 3D model (on-site) using Solidworks, to illustrate layout of extraction steam turbine’s vacuum package. Result: Found way to troubleshoot water flow with supervisor’s help – satisfied customer.
OTHER RELEVANT EXPERIENCE
Graneles S.A., Buenaventura, Colombia Project Mechanical Engineer
Commissioning Manager Assistant – Heavy Machinery
• Successfully lead the construction of a $2.1M – 600 Ton/Hr, grain / fertilizer Ship Un-loader project. • Supervised construction of a 3,500 Tons grain/fertilizer storage facility.
Industrial Safety course series, 2014
250 hours on-line course.
Summit International UAO, Columbia
BS in Mechanical Engineering Emphasis in industrial control.
Centennial College, Canada Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Technology Design, (Co-op) ATS-Automation Tooling Systems. (www.atsautomation.com).
Mechanical design of automated equipment. Gained high proficiency in Solidworks and AutoCAD software (Parts modeling, Assemblies modeling, Drafting, and Detailing)