DONALD E. HENNIE
18117 NE 175th Pl, Woodinville WA 98072
Tel.: (206)305-6170• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Highly motivated and experienced professional with over 23 years of experience in engineering and over 16 years on
leadership position seeking a position within a dynamic company to deliver performance excellence
E X E C U T I V E S U M M A R Y
• Proven ability to effectively communicate with people of various backgrounds, consensus builder
• Detail-oriented problem-solver and a trustworthy leader; highly-organized and deadline committed
• Efficient team-player, but equally competent when working independently
• Able to multitask and perform under pressure in rapidly changing business environment; clear-minded
• Outstanding ability to perform cross-functionally; flexible and creative critical thinker
• Project manager, employee trainer,
• Software experience in :MS Project, Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
• US persons by ITAR definition
• In process of PhD completion in Leadership/Management
K E Y A C H I E V E M E N T S
• Successfully conduct audit assessment and made recommendations to improve Planning Department
• Pioneered and implemented the power plant electronic maintenance Database for all Power Generating
Plants (Work Management System) and created related operation manuals.
• Initiated and conduct classroom and field training on maintenance operation and procedures for Maintenance
Planners and Plants operation personnel.
• Developed Maintenance Procedures and implementation of same for all power generating plants
• Enhanced Power Plants preventative, corrective and predictive maintenance efficiency through procedures
revision and modification.
• Managed and sustained high project success rate for delivering on time and within established budget
• Gained recognition for high performance for the return unit ahead scheduled time for an outage maintenance
on a Hydro Plant rehabilitation.
• Gained award and commendation for outstanding contribution to project success and completion as
scheduler in the installation of a Chiller Plant within two 40 MW Gas Turbine units, enabling addition of 15 MW of
power into the supply grid.
P R O F E S S I O N A L E X P E R I E N C E
Jamaica Public Service Company Ltd February 1997 – June 2015
• Manager (Major maintenance), responsible and accountable for management and execution of Statutory and
Major maintenance Outages for the Generation Division; and development of recommendations as necessary
for upgrades and replacements of utilized assets.
• Project Manager, with responsibilities to direct and manage team members and schedule, requesting of
services to meet project scope, facilitate procurement of parts, tools and equipment, and ensuring operational
compliance with established procedures.
• Monitoring of project status against the plan, identifying and managing variances via the project governance
structure. Proactively monitor project progress and implement mechanisms, such as change control, to keep
the project on track.
• Responsible for reporting the project cost and scope variances as identified by Project team estimates versus
actuals for the duration of the project.
• Planning and tracking multiple projects, resource planning and allocation, task delegation to accomplish
project goals and objectives, ensure timely resolution of issues, using escalation as necessary, creation of
ongoing status and evaluation reports, and report on team member performance.
• Lead and/or attend regularly scheduled steering committee and status meetings throughout the project life
cycle. Document and report project status against established objectives, milestones, budget and resources.
Facilitate closure of issues that cannot be resolved by project teams.
• Monitor and control materials and labor project costs, as well as develop and tender bids documentation for
major contractors regarding the service to be provided within the corporate locations.
• Accountable for compilation of project’s financial and maintenance post-completion reports; perform project
analysis, utility cost control and environmental compliance.
• Conducted yearly training seminars for Power Plants maintenance staffs on maintenance procedures.
Jamaica Soya Product Industries Co. Ltd September 1995 – November 1996
• Deployed and carried out preventative maintenance, as well as supported manufacturing in safety, quality,
productivity and reliability aspects; contributed to improvement and lean facility efforts
• Guided and monitored operation and maintenance crews, ensuring production procedures and operational
standards are met;
• Managed day-to-day routine activities, as well as constantly enhance productivity and efficiency through
deployment of innovative processes and developing justifications
P R E V I O U S E M P L O Y M E N T
Maintenance Supervisor • National Continental Bakery • January 1994 – July 1995
Instrument/Electrical Technician • Alumina Partners of Jamaica • July 1989 – August 1991
O T H E R S
Publishing Director: Barbican Seventh Day Adventist Church
Risk Management Director: Barbican Seventh Day Adventist Church
E D U C A T I O N
PhD • Leadership • Northern Caribbean University • currently enrolled –Completion date 2016
• Dissertation focused on: Leadership Styles and Personality and its impact on employees’
performance and job satisfaction.
Executive MBA Diploma • University of New Orleans • Dec 2006
Bachelor of Science Diploma in Industrial Engineering (Honors) • University of the West Indies
• St. Augustine, Trinidad • Jun 1993
Diploma in Instrument Technology (Honors) • University of Technology • Jamaica, W.I. • Jun 1989
R E F E R E N C E S A V A I L A B L E U P O N R E Q U E S T