Houston, TX 77003 337.412.4096
Determine strategies looking to improve quality and performance
Highly motivated, performance-driven engineer with solid background in drilling operations. Resourceful professional, demonstrating strong attention to detail, excellent communication skills, and analytical nature. Quality-focused with history of working well in fast-paced, challenging, and team-oriented environments. Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access) and skillful with TIBCO Spotfire Analytics (Analytics and Visual Data Discovery).
− Oil & Gas Fields − Drilling Operations
− Drilling Optimization − Strong Presentation Skills
− Process & Performance Improvements − Analytics & Visual Data Discovery for Optimization
− Problem Solving − Team Focused
BAKER HUGHES INCORPORATED 2010 – 2015
Project Engineer, Drilling Services, Houston, TX 2014 – 2015
Developed and executed field operational goals for specified geographic area across multiple product lines. Provided high level of product line, technical selling, and field product application support. Formations covered included Haynesville, Cotton Valley, Eagleford, Woodbine, Wolfcamp, Marcellus, and Utica.
• Supplied operational and technical support to clients, working closely with Project Managers.
• Provided and developed drilling optimization charts for well improvement, using to find “sweet spots” in drilling parameters, improve build-up rates with rotary steerable systems and / or conventional assemblies, and recognize drilling dysfunctions through drilling parameters.
Drilling Applications and Project Engineer General, Houston, TX 2011 – 2014
Conducted pre-well planning, trajectory recommendations, and well-plan advising and optimization. Formations covered included Haynesville, Cotton Valley, Eagle ford, Woodbine, Barnett, and Wilcox Sands.
• Advised sales personnel, customers, and potential clients on technical issues through discussion and presentations, providing better understanding of products to make sale and helping determine whether to hire company for job at hand, or comprehending problems / potential issues with drilling tools.
• Created documents for each well and sent to customer for discussion, supplying post-well analysis and investigation, root cause failure analysis and reporting, and end-of-well summaries.
Duy Bui firstname.lastname@example.org Page Two
BAKER HUGHES INCORPORATED (Continued)
• Achieved experience in bottom hole assembly (BHA) design, optimization, tool application, and implementation, dynamics and statics modeling of BHA utilizing in-house software, and torque and drag / hydraulics modeling, using for pre-well analysis work to determine if bottom hole assembly was acceptable for work at hand, and to help assess where problems could arise and where improvements could be made.
MWD / LWD Field Specialist Engineer III, Broussard, LA 2010 – 2011
Processed and delivered measurement while drilling/logging while drilling (MWD / LWD) data to client. Set up and programmed tools and databases on site. Trained in MWD DG Academy, MWD Resistivity Academy, Resistivity Tool Operation, INTEQ Radiation Safety, FE Log Quality Control, and RSS – AutoTrak eXpress.
• Ensured safe environment and minimized lost time due to unexpected geological problems or tool malfunction by monitoring and interpreting formation changes and any abnormalities while drilling.
Bachelor of Science (BS), Petroleum Engineering, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA
− Member, American Association of Drilling Engineers
− Member, Society of Petroleum Engineers