Subsea Services Buyer II
Subsea Services Buyer II – FMC Technologies Inc
To become a valuable asset, coordinating, tracking, and analyzing the project deliverables. To meet key support functions, scheduled shipments in a quality and cost effective manner. Analyze information from Engineering and Project Management to develop and maintain the overall project schedule.
Spring, TX 77379
Subsea Services Buyer II FMC Technologies Inc Houston, TX
October 2013 to Present
• Source components or services from approved supplier list, evaluates RFQ’s (Request for Quote), negotiates price, quality and delivery, selects supplier and places purchase orders in conformance to local and Corporate Operating Procedures and Ethical Codes of Conduct. Coordinate and communicate timely uplift and delivery of Subsea products
• Expedite delivery by contacting vendors and shippers to ensure that merchandise, supplies and equipment are forwarded on specified shipping date.
• Works with product teams or other procurement staff to generate Request for Quotations (RFQ’s) for new or modified.
• Assists other staff members with procurement related activities as assigned. accurate documentation
• Purchase components and services such as Fabrication, Threading, Welding, Machining, Re-word/Modifications, Coating, NDE, etc.
Subsea Planning and Logistics Coordinator I FMC Technologies Inc Houston, TX
December 2011 to October 2013
• Liaison between the buyer/planner and the inbound transportation carrier or forwarder for the purpose of managing inbound freight delivery from overseas vendors
• Coordinate and communicate timely uplift and delivery of Subsea products
• Exceptional communication with Subsea Product groups
• Coordinate method of transport and surveys on various Imports of Subsea Products via air, ocean, and trucking.
• Provide weekly reports regarding cargo status, and dispatch information
• Classify components based on the Harmonized Tariff Schedule
• Provide mill certificates, and Instructions to Brokers filing customs clearance
• Facilitate Import compliance training, host meetings with Freight Forwarder and Brokerage Firms.
• Audit, and submit payment on Brokerage, and Freight invoices.
• Audit Commercial invoices, against information imputed in SAP and SRM to ensure accurate documentation
• Work close with Shipping/Receiving, and Rick Management
Customer Service Coordinator Damco Distribution Inc Baytown, TX
June 2011 to December 2012
• Ensure proper procedures, levels of service and requirements are met.
• Facilitate training and cross training within the department.
• Provide information and reports to management for contract negotiation as necessary
• Provide training and guidance to other facilities relating to the customer’s procedures and requirements
• Monitor Customer Support Center for Centralized Locations within the Customer Service Team
• Support all facilities as a Web EC/FT Super User for Customer Service for all MDSI locations.
• Processing customer claims against Vendors and Carriers
• Creating manual deliveries for Air freight and live load shipments.
Import Coordinator, Resource Staffing/ Maersk Line Damco Distribution Inc The Woodlands, TX
December 2010 to June 2011
•Tracking vessels, and coordinate the movement of Import Cargo
•Creating manual deliveries for air freight shipments
•Answer all customers’ inquiries regarding import cargo
•Verify accuracy of documents needed to clear U.S. Customs, issuing freight and telex releases.
•Monitor government holds of cargo (Customs, USDA, and FDA)
•Support company ISO9000 certification
•Comply with all applicable Federal, State and local safety and transportation laws
•Coordinate and communicate with internal and external agencies (Third party terminals, freight forwarders, etc.)
•Maintain customer’s records by updating account information
CHB Assistant Expeditors International Humble, TX
June 2010 to December 2010
•Scanning Obl’s, Commercial Invoice, Packing list, and all import documentation
•Auditing Invoices for the correct tariff harmonized Codes (Schedule B) for entry writers
•Inputting data on an excel spreadsheet
•Tracking and tracing containers on various Steamship lines (Maersk, OOCL, MSC, and CMA)
•Running Entry maker and PO scripts
International Agent DHL Express Houston, TX
June 2007 to January 2009
•Domestic and International tracking and tracing
•Emailing customer’s international documentation
•Contacting DHL Global Forwarding and Customs for customer’s inquiries
•Advising Clients on restricted prohibited commodities
•Sending correspondents to the terminal on claims, eta’s and general inquires, and scheduling Pickups
Associates of Arts Lone Star College
August 2002 to May 2005
Specific Skills: Microsoft Office, Excel, SAP, Power Point, SRM, various internal systems.