Process Control Engineer/System Control Support Specialist
ERIC L. BRIDGES
4014 Heritage Valley Lane SW ♦ Powder Springs, GA 30127 ♦ 404-934-2287 ♦ firstname.lastname@example.org
To utilize and enhance my knowledge and abilities as a Customer Support Engineer, Field Service Engineer or Network System Engineer in a position offering the opportunity for career advancement.
Network System Infrastructure, Operation, Administration, Maintenance & Provisioning (OAM&P), Configuration, Installation, Test & Turn-Up, Trail & Field Deployment, Hybrid Fiber Coaxial (HFC) Networks, SONET/SDH Transports, ATM, DS3 and DS1 Interfaces, LAN & WAN Network topologies, TCP/IP Protocol, PSTN, Digital Loop Carrier, Outside Plant Facility, Planning & Scheduling, Budgeting, Project Management, Database Systems, Net-Server, Web Portal, AutoCAD, PLC/HMI techniques and ladder logics, Servo, Sprocket CMMS, Mechanical & Electrical Applications, Hydraulics & Pneumatic, HVAC Automation Systems, Analytical & Problem Solving, Software and Hardware Application, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Operating System and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Access).
AUTOMATED LOGIC CORPORATION- Kennesaw, GA 2014-Present
Process Control Engineer/System Control Support Specialist
Provide remote support in all aspect of services including engineering, installation, system integration, uploads/downloads, start-up & commissioning, test &verification, trouble-shooting, QC/QA, warranty and monitoring of building automation system.
• Use EMS (Energy Management System) Web CTRL application to test and verify the operation of building functionalities such as heating, cooling, and lighting.
• Handle multiple service call issues, complete startup and commissioning per site, as well as expound on practices and procedures.
• Use schematic diagrams and drawings to help field technicians with equipment installation.
• Remotely diagnose and troubleshoot mechanical and electrical issues and assist with repairs of equipment operation.
• Modify set points and algorithms within the software.
• Fill out verification report forms and capture 24 hours trend history of system operation.
• Maintain and record tickets/cases by entering problem descriptions, work progression, and resolution into a data base system.
• Assist customers with warranty issues, product returns and replacement parts.
PARADISE ENGINEERING- Powder Springs, GA 2012-2014
• Respond to service calls and maintenance work orders in a timely manner.
• Perform common home improvement, repairs and maintenance services to residential customers including but not limited to furniture assembly, drywall repair, painting, electrical, HVAC, general plumbing, and general carpentry.
• Diagnose and troubleshoot mechanical and electrical issues, as well as carrying out solutions for repairs.
• Submit bids and give estimates on jobs and projects as requested by clients.
• Keep track of receipts and mileages per customer location in computer base format.
FLUKE NETWORKS – Duluth, GA 2007-2012
Customer Support Engineer/Field Service Engineer
Provided technical support assistance and innovative solutions for telecommunication providers (e.g., AT&T, Verizon, Bell Canada and Qwest Communications) to accomplish installation, loop testing, conditioning, record verification & certification and pre-qualification of copper network facilities.
In addition, supported application engineering, installation, transmission tests and trouble-shooting of host terminal and access remote terminal units interfacing Class 5 switches and Digital Loop Carrier (DLC). Simultaneously, assisted customers with pre-sales, trials, field deployment and technical issues of telecom tools and, as well as network cabling (twisted-pair, coaxial and fiber) test products.
• Resolved customer issues including, equipment setup, test practice and procedure, diagnostic & troubleshooting, new user accounts, Net-Server connectivity, software and hardware upgrades, work package downloads/uploads, and data modifications via telephone, remote access and email.
• Documented customer calls/incidents, work progression and resolutions in ONYX database system.
• Opened tickets/cases for bug escalation, Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) on defects in hardware and software applications, sales team and for product loaner replacements.
• Practiced lab exercises to simulate, investigate, diagnose and solve real scenario field issues.
• Generated reports for management regarding case metrics of test quality and performance.
• Updated the team on new product matters, technical knowledge and feature support.
• Maintained a good working relationship with clients by making occasional face-to-face visits to offer alternative solutions to problems and provided training to technical and non-technical individuals.
LUCENT TECHNOLOGIES INC., Alpharetta, GA 2000-2003
Optical Network & System Engineer/Member Technical Support Engineer
Provided technical support assistance in the areas of system engineering, architecture planning & designs, installation and testing of Digital Loop Carriers (DLC) and SONET & SHD networks.
• Supported customer applications such as system design engineering, turn ups, integrations, installation and as well as Operation, Administration, Maintenance & Provisioning (OAM&P).
• Provided remotely (via Telnet) and on-site technical support on various tasks including, provisioning, diagnostic & trouble-shooting; software upgrades, DS0/DS1/DS3,OC-1,OC-3 and OC-12 level testing, conversions, network configurations, and outages.
• Maintained and modified records of customer tickets/cases by entering problem descriptions, work progression, and resolution onto CARES data base system.
• Participated in field trails on new product development and system integration.
• Instructed small tutorial classes by giving lectures, presentations and demonstrations of optical network infrastructures, and interfacing related products.
LUCENT TECHNOLOGIES INC., Thousand Oaks, CA 1996-2000
RF Test & System Integration Engineer
Supported Hybrid Fiber Coaxial (HFC) deployment and system integration of CATV, telephony and high-speed data communication project from the initial stages of bench testing, sweep & balance testing, node data modification and provisioning to the final stages of proof of performance & acceptance tests.
• Assisted field technicians with test and turn-ups of Outside Plant (OSP) infrastructure, and node acceptance tests, in addition to providing technical expertise on Lucent and non-Lucent products.
• Reviewed and evaluated engineering node data and implemented changes to drawings (i.e. amplifiers, attenuator pads, equalizers, filters, return amps and etc.) to enhance signal level specifications.
• Installed, maintained and provisioned head-end and Distribution Central Office (DCO) equipment along with completed wiring and terminating upstream and downstream bay configurations.
• Performed routine checks of RF levels and data performances.
• Analyzed and resolved problems for prompt resolution in collaboration with network operations.
• Gathered test data/results from test equipment and prepared node acceptance packages for customers.
Project Engineer/Operations Coordinator
Supported project operations consist of planning & prioritizing, coordinating, scheduling and installation of telecommunication equipment for Competitive Local Exchange Carriers (CLEC) throughout the US.
• Traveled in-state and out of state to administer CLEC project operations- delegated responsibilities to senior team leaders and technicians and enforced work standard & guidelines.
• Prepared project plans, assured work assignment and objectives were met on time and within budget.
• Completed Method of Procedure (MOP) forms to gain access to central offices.
• Ordered equipment and material per site location, as well as kept track of inventory.
• Generated charts and spreadsheets to manage work progression and increase productivity.
• Assisted technicians with equipment installation, powering, cabling terminations, and provisioning as well as supported SS7 interconnectivity.
• Performed functional test in the CLEC Test environment before handing over to OSS Support Group.
• Supported BellSouth DEG & PGDB Team Group on OSS/NMA volume (pre-orders, orders and post-orders) transactions prior to production.
• Supported PathStar Access Server IP telephony over cable planning, configuration and installation deployment for CATV providers (i.e., Comcast, HSA, and Time Warner).
• Worked in partnership with the NOC support team to resolve any operational issues and answered technical questions in a timely manner.
SCIENTIFIC ATLANTA, Norcross, GA 1995-1996
Laboratory Test Engineer
Performed bench test practices on broadband fiber optic telecommunication amplifiers for fine tuning proper signal levels.
• Programmed HP Network Analyzer per design engineering specifications.
• Equipped the amplifier with electronic components per design engineering layouts.
• Performed component level troubleshooting tasks, soldered/de-soldered electronic components, and made thoroughly inspections on SMT circuit boards.
• Gathered data from test equipment and loaded them into a data base system.
AAS, Electronic Engineering Technology, Virginia College of Birmingham, Birmingham, AL, 1993
Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Currently Studying