Electrical, Firmware Engineer
From: firstname.lastname@example.org [mailto:email@example.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 21, 2016 9:58 AM
To: Brad Coleman
Subject: Candidate for review
This resume has been forwarded to you at the request of Monster User xnerx06
Last updated: 12/08/15
Job Title: no specified
Company: no specified
Rating: no specified
Screening score: no specified
Status: no specified
Minneapolis, MN 55411
Quick View Links:
Resume Headline: Ethan Heilicher – SSD Firmware Engineer II
Resume Value: gxuf73d9vhvpm8sv
MS in Electrical Engineering with a love for digital systems, control systems, consumer electronics and solving puzzles. 3 years of paid electrical engineering experience primarily as a Firmware Engineer have created a varied, robust skillset that allows for efficient and focused completion of tasks. Excellent social skills as well as the ability to work alone and coordinate with a group.
Seagate Technology, Minneapolis, MN 2013 – 2015
• SSD Firmware Engineer II: Developed and debugged features for SSD firmware in C and Assembly, primarily focused on the NAND flash interface. Flash Training, standard flash feature support and performance enhancements are some features of note. Furthermore, debugging was done both in simulation in a Linux environment via Verdi and on hardware via unit test and Lauterbach debugging hardware over a JTAG interface. Learned a complex codebase and developed skills for how to learn unfamiliar code alone and with support.
Minntech/Medivators Medical Devices, Minneapolis, MN Summer 2010, 2011
• Co-op: Worked with TEAMS software by Team QSI to model and troubleshoot an endoscope reprocessing device. Mechanical and electrical components were studied and modeled in software in order to create a properly connected digital model. The software was then used customerside for hardware debugging
Z-Axis/Bear Power Supplies, Phelps, NY 2009 – 2010
• Co-op: Prototyped and debugged a boost power supply, designed and built test fixtures, diagnosed and repaired mishandled products, brainstormed solutions to unique power supply specs, and worked in multidisciplinary groups.
Prototype and Production Systems, Plymouth, MN (co-op) Summer 2009
• Engineering Intern: Implemented hardware and software upgrades on an automated flex circuit robot tester, assembled powerful LED backlights for a high-precision circuit inspection system, designed and built a catheter testing apparatus and assisted in the assembly of a high-precision catheter cutting system for a nationwide medical company.
Equipment: Lauterbach debugger, trace logic analyzer, GCA Stepper, Plasma etcher, Oscilloscope, Function generator, power supply, soldering iron, Epson robots, RFID transmitter, network analyzer
Software: SlickEdit, Perforce, Pspice, Quartus, MATLAB, Simulink, Cadence
Programming Languages: C, Python, Basic, Assembly (x86), Visual Basic, VHDL, can learn any language
Languages: Fluent Hebrew
Senior Design – Developed a wireless, battery-less, remote sensing device that harvests ambient RF energy (cell phone signals, wifi, radio, etc) in order to power sensors.
Multivariable Modeling projects – Using MATLAB, a number of system identification programs were implemented, including the IRA and FORSE algorithms.
Modern Control project – Designed an LQR control system for a MIMO rudder-roll stabilization system.
Design of Digital Systems Lab – Designed hardware drivers and programs, then implemented them on an FPGA board (ie VGA driver, PS2 keyboard driver, Pong game)
Physical Implementation Lab – Designed a standard cell library of logic gates at the substrate level.
Rochester Wargamer’s Association and Guild: RIT tabletop gaming club – Public Relations 2008-2009 Treasurer ‘09-‘11, President ‘11-‘12
RIT Hillel: Jewish organization at RIT – Treasurer 2008-2010, Vice President ‘10-‘11, Senior Rep ‘11-‘12
BACK TO TOP
SS Firmware Engineer II
BACK TO TOP
Current Career Level:
US – I am authorized to work in this country for any employer.
Target Job Title:
SS Firmware Engineer II
• Electrical/Electronics Engineering
To contact this candidate email firstname.lastname@example.org