4176 Inverrary Dr # 409 Cell: 954-801-4428
Fort Lauderdale, FL. 33319 email@example.com
Farrah Stewart API 653, 510, CWI, NDE TECH LEVEL II- MT, PT, UT
I am a well-organized, results oriented professional with certified inspection skills combined with 5+
Objective years of code compliance, field work and problem resolution experience. A capable leader of inspection
teams with the ability to coordinate and motivate. I am a “hands on” inspector / manager with a diverse
background from several different industries including but not limited to: refineries, chemical, methanol,
and general fabrication shop type facilities.
Certification & Jul 2001- 2002 Institute New Hampshire University
American Petroleum Southern (API ) 653 License # 58093 Manchester, NH.
Training Sep 1996-2000
American Petroleum Moneague Community College
Institute (API) 510 License # 61318 St. Ann, Jamaica.
July 1996 Westwood High School
American Welding Society (AWS) CWI License # 14122451 Trelawny, Jamaica.
SNT-TC-1A and NAS 410 Level-II certifications in UT-T, MT, PT
TWIC (Transportation Workers Identification Card) and OSHA 10 certified
Brinnel testing (MIC 10) and PMI inspection ( Niton XL 3t 800)
Education Jul 2001- 2002 Southern New Hampshire University Manchester, NH.
Sep 1996-2000 Moneague Community College St. Ann, Jamaica
June 2014 –present API 653,510 CWI/ NDE level II Technician
Experience Contract inspector
Sinclair Refinery Tank Services – Sinclair, Wyoming
• Oversaw and verified field construction of ten (10) new and six (6) reconstructed and repaired API
• Performed welding inspector duties in regards to visual inspections, monitoring welding operations
before, during and after and non- destructive testing per clients’ specifications.
• Performed MT, PT & VT inspections on various aspects of tank constructions and repairs, UT point
thickness and flaw detections (scanning for Lamination and corrosion) for discovery work for life
expectancy of tanks.
• Oversaw testing of weldements ( air leak test, vacuum box and diesel testing)
• Oversaw and monitored the qualification testing of welders and welding operators per clients
welding procedure and procedure qualification.
• Reviewed Material Testing Reports (MTR’s) of purchased material used for the construction of
above ground storage tanks.
• Worked effortlessly with ASME SEC V, VIII, IX, API 650 & 653 and various ASTM specifications.
• Performed API inspections and issued repair recommendations and assessments for mechanical
integrity per code standards.
• Compiled final electronic and paper- based inspection reports including photographs of findings and
recommendations as per specified code standard.
• Assisted with calculations of hydrostatic fill heights and rate of corrosion using mathematical table
charts and code specified requirements
• Performed inspections using various hand held gauges and equipment to verify compliance with
customer requirements in regards to in-process and final acceptance inspections.
• Reviewed drawings, codes, customer specifications and worked with engineering, and all
departmental management to ensure product was built to standards and codes.
August 2010 -May 2014 NDE level II Contract technician
Kellogg Brown & Root (K.B.R.) Houston, TX
QA/ QC inspector – Eastman Chemical- Texas City, TX
• Oversaw 35 welders and foremen and performed weld quality control using visual and liquid
penetrant inspection, documented welder continuity logs and assigned specific task due to job scope
• Did complete walk down of packages for x-ray inspections and assist with quality control of welding
material and equipment.
• Worked with Eastman Chemicals engineers and Inspectors to perform blinding, hydro testing and
final closures of equipment and packages prior to startup.
• Drafted and reviewed Isometric drawings, and P&ID’S Arrangement of detailed inspection reports
for piping and equipment
NDE Tech II – Chevron Pascagoula, Marathon Refinery TX, Sunoco Refinery PA
• Performed UT-T, MT, PT, Ferrite & Copper Sulphate Testing, inspection for piping packages and
equipment for Chevron in the FCC, Distillation and crude units
Team Industrial Services
NDE Tech II – BP Whiting, Exxon, CITGO Refinery
• Performed UT-T, MT, PT, Brinnel Testing, inspection for piping packages and equipment for Exxon
Mobile in the alky unit and at BP Whiting refinery
NDE Tech/Associate Inspector – Conoco Phillips Refinery, Borger Tx
• Performed UT, MT, and PT in a mechanical integrity group at Conoco Phillips Borger TX. Positive
Material Identification course was completed through BP standards. Composed detailed reports of
all inspections and met with the client to report all findings.
NDE Coordinator/NDE Tech – Pandora Methanol Plant, Beaumont TX
• Supervised a crew of 20 technicians, held all meetings complying with Health and Safety Standards.
Duties included directing all NDE personnel during a scheduled turnaround at Pandora Methanol
Plant. Was responsible for safety meetings and reporting to the client on a daily basis. Interacted
directly with the QC department and followed repairs.
NDE Tech – Kimberley Clarke Paper Mill
• Performed UT & PT inspection for equipment packages for Kimberley Clarke Paper Mill. Performed
visual inspections and participated in daily safety meetings. Composed detailed reports of all
inspections for the mechanical integrity group.
NDE Tech – Valero Refinery
• Performed UT-T, MT, & PT inspection for piping packages and equipment for Valero Refinery
during plant-wide turnaround. Daily duties included reading isometric drawings, performed visual
inspections and participated in daily safety meetings
Available upon request.
To contact this candidate email firstname.lastname@example.org