Design drafter for Immeda
This resume has been forwarded to you at the request of Monster User xnerx03
pulled from Monster
Gary Buerman Last updated: 01/19/16
Job Title: no specified
Company: no specified
Rating: no specified
Screening score: no specified
Status: no specified
Milaca, MN 56353
Contact Preference: Email
Quick View Links:
Resume Headline: Gary Buerman – Manufacturing Manager and Project Engineer Resume Value: yabt475vwgs7iesh
GARY D. BUERMAN
17039 60th Ave
Milaca, MN 56353
Entegee Engineering Technical Group December 2015-Present
Design drafter for Immeda Minneapolis, MN
• Document designs for the facilitation of manufacturing.
• Ensure design is able to be manufactured using industry-standard manufacturing techniques.
• Ensure proper design intent is followed.
Northland Pipe and ProcessingMarch 2015-November 2015
Design drafterMora, MN
• Design various stainless steel products using Autodesk Inventor.
• Manage manufacturing files for future use and retrieval.
• Provide proper documentation to facilitate manufacturing a product.
• Utilize FEA and basic calculations to ensure safe loading conditions.
• Help to determine solutions for design problems in manufacturing.
• Ensure designs meet dairy standards for proper sterilization.
• Confirm designs meet or exceed ISO standards for safety.
Nordic WareJune 2014-February 2015
Tool Designer/DrafterSt. Louis Park, MN
• Use AutoDesk Inventor to design various tool and fixture designs.
• Set up and maintain drawing templates, while researching ways of facilitating special requirements using VBA.
• Procure materials through different sources and other shops as necessary to fulfil manufacturing requirements.
• Calculate required forces for operation of punch press tooling.
• Choose from a selection of materials to select the proper hardness and material grade to use for specific parts.
• Utilize basic FEA when needed to complete designs.
• Research and test new software solutions to increase manufacturing efficiencies.
Strom Engineering Corporation October 14 2013-May 2014
Design/Drafter for Smarte Carte White Bear, MN
• Work closely with engineering staff to transition company from Mechanical Desktop to Solid Works.
• Design templates and adjust settings to meet company’s needs.
• Document designs in 3D and 2D, processing engineering change orders as requested.
• Design Projects as assigned.
Aerotek March 2013-October 11 2013
Design/Drafter for Marken Mfg.Plymouth, MN
• Design custom machines for the hydraulic hose cutting industry using Solid Works.
• Build materials, create shop drawings.
• Design solutions to problems and prototype troubleshooting.
1st St NW (Temp)November 2012-December 2012
• Tested out Solid Works software for use and application within an architectural firm.
Boerger LLC July 2010-November 2012
Project Engineer Chanhassen, MN
• Produce needed drawings for outside vendors and inside manufacture.
• Research and specify components for new company designs.
• Use 3D software to produce designs for manufacture.
• Program CNC equipment using cam software.
• Coded post processor for cam using basic programing.
• Design sheet metal parts, B.O.M.’s, assemblies, parts per customer specs.
• Ensure safety of designs using calculations and FEA.
• Train new employees in the operation and programming of CNC milling machines.
• Work to increase manufacturing capabilities for company to increase profits, as well as decreasing time to market for company products.
• Confirm correct piping specs were maintained to ensure proper fit up of equipment during field installations.
• Research and acquisition of new machines and processes.
• Currently using Solid Edge software for design and drafting.
• Familiar with various software such as Solid Edge, Solid Works, Solid Cam, Inventor, Master Cam, Pro-e, and MS office.
Advanced Bionics Inc. 2008-2009
Engineering Technician Hopkins, MN
• Maintained drawings and drawing standards for multiple design iterations of a bearing less seal less pump for unmanned space flight equipment.
• Manufactured prototypes for the testing of multiple iterations of pump designs using CNC machines.
• Used Solid Works and Pro-E to design projects as specified by the requirements of the task assigned.
• Worked independently with utilization of task management skills.
Machine Operator Maple Lake, MN
• Load and unload CNC machines.
• Inspect parts for accuracy as per instructions.
Northern Wire Products 1999-2007
Tool and Die St. Cloud, MN
• Held lead position in welding department, included assigning daily tasks to others.
• Designed new holder for CNC welder, leading to company set up time savings.
• Designed tooling and fixtures using Auto-Cad for the manufacture or wire products.
• Worked with other employees to solve problems in manufacturing and tooling design.
St. Cloud Technical College St. Cloud, Minnesota
• Mechanical Design Technology AAS degree upon completion of four credits.
Experience BACK TO TOP
Job Title Company Experience
Manufacturing Manager and Project Engineer Boerger LLC – Present
Additional Info BACK TO TOP
Current Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Years of relevant work experience: 7+ to 10 Years
Date of Availability: Within 2 weeks
Work Status: US – I am authorized to work in this country for any employer.
Active Security Clearance: None
US Military Service:
Target Job: Target Job Title: Mechanical Designer/Drafter
Target Company: Company Size:
• Mechanical Engineering
Target Locations: Selected Locations: US-MN-Minneapolis
Willingness to travel: Up to 25% travel
Languages: Languages Proficiency Level