21098 Ixonia lane
Lakeville, MN 55044
I have worked in the computer and electronics industry for over 25 years, 7 years as a technician and 18+ years as software engineer. I’m a result oriented software engineer offering strong experience in software development with an emphasis on technologies including Delphi, WindowsCE device drivers experience (Intel XScale, StrongARM, Hitachi SH3/4, and X86), C, C++, XML, Modbus, LonWorks, Visio, and .NET. Worked closely with marketing department with regards to sales and requirements for new and existing products.
Current and recent employment:
Detector Electronics, Bloomington, MN – Principal Software Engineer(2006-current).
• Developed new features and fixed old code for flagship safety product S3(Safety System Software) using Delhi. The S3 project consist of 800+ source files, and around 400,000 lines of codes. Managed overseas software engineers(India).
WWBS, Inc., Shakopee, MN – Software engineer consultant (2002 – 2005).
WynEdge, Minnetonka, MN – Software engineer contractor.
• Worked on various WindowsCE projects.
Acist medical, Eden Prairie, MN – Software engineer contractor.
• Consult & evaluate various WindowsCE 5.0 options for future medical device.
TSI, Shoreview, MN – Software engineer contractor.
• Provide guidance and debugged WindowsCE 5.0 image on XScale platform
BSQUARE/Embedded Technologies, Inc., Eden Prairie, MN- BSQUARE (www.bsquare.com) is the premier solutions provider for the WindowsCE market. BSQUARE worked together with Microsoft in developing the WindowsCE OS, Platform Builder and many other WindowsCE related products (1998 – 2002).
• I have worked with Hitachi’s engineer on their CardEngine (SH-3) development kit
• Debugged various device drivers for the DataMyte DM4000(SH-4), using CE 3.0
• Windows CE 2.12 & 3.0 device drivers, application development, QA and build BSP on 8 different
x-86 embedded computers for OPEN TV
• Worked on CE drivers, QA, and build Board Support Package (BSP) for the LinkUp L7200
• I have worked on many projects as a software engineer contractor via BSQUARE for Microsoft
HARDWARE:-Intel 8051/8031 and Motorola 68HC11 8-bit micro-controller series
-Siemens C166/167, and Motorola 68HC12 16-bit micro-controller
– AMD 29205, Hitachi SH3/4, LinkUp L7200(ARM720T), Fujitsu SPARClite 32-bit RISC embedded processors,Various development, test and diagnostic equipment and systems
SOFTWARE:-Delphi ,C,C++, assembly(Intel 8051,Motorola hc11), BASH, and MSFT .NET.
– OS: Windows 95/98/NT/XP/Win7-Win10 , Unix, and MS-DOS.
– OTHERS: Implement RS-232 and TCP/IP communication protocol.
SOFTWARE TOOLS:-Borland Delphi IDE, Microsoft Embedded Visual Studio and Platform Builder, LabVIEW, MATLAB , BSO Tasking, Keil C51, Visio, and Image Craft IDE.
COMPANIES:-Acist medical, DataMyte, Detector Electronics, DiamlerChrysler, Eaton, Elmic Systems (Japan), John Deere, Lucent, Microsoft, TSI, and ThermoKing.
Sample Completed projects:
• Lead software engineer for Detector Electronics S3 product. A Windows application that is used for configuration, and monitoring of safety system. Extensive experience working with offshore engineers from HCL and L&T.
• Flame detector motor control driver- Detector Electronics, Bloomington, MN
• QA DataMyte DM501/DM4000, Minnetonka, MN
• Implemented Elmic Systems TCP/IP for Windows CE 2.12
• Lead software engineer in research and development for a new hydraulic steering systems design for DiamlerChrysler by Eaton.
• Lead software engineer on a team responsible for software development for a new hydraulic steering system for John Deere 8100 series tractor, using Eaton’s EPH series micro-controller.
• Develop an unattended fueling gas station using the Motorola 68HC11 http://www.saturnsys.com/projects/armor.jsp
Development Engineer: Saturn Systems Incorporation, Duluth, MN
1997 – 1998
• Designed an Unattended Fueling Station (UFS), using Motorola 68HC11 micro-controller.
• Wrote device drivers using C and assembly for credit card reader, cash acceptor and keypad.
• Implement RS-232 communication protocol, for Unattended Fueling Station.
Electronics Technician: EF Johnson, Waseca, MN
1994 – 1995
• Repaired and built high-frequency mobile communication equipment in the 800-900 MHz, using Tektronix’s Digitizing Oscilloscopes.
• Developed new testing procedures to improve quality control
Computer Technician: Computer Repair Center, Addison, IL
1990 – 1993
• Managed the repair shop, supervised and trained technicians
• Repaired many brand of computers and printers
• Received training in Panasonic, Okidata and Citizen printers and IBM computers.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical and Computer Engineer, 1998, University of Minnesota Duluth
Additional Professional Education: Embedded Systems Conference (attended various classes and seminars)1999, 2001, and 2015. UTC Ace Associate.
BACK TO TOP
Principal Software Engineer
BACK TO TOP
90,000.00 – 125,000.00 USD yr
Current Career Level:
Years of relevant work experience:
7+ to 10 Years
Date of Availability:
US – I am authorized to work in this country for any employer.
Active Security Clearance:
US Military Service:
Target Job Title:
Desired Job Type:
• Industrial/Manufacturing Engineering
Willingness to travel:
Up to 100%
To contact this candidate email email@example.com