Printed Circuit Board Designer – Ball Aerospace
Senior Printed Circuit Board Designer with expertise in designing various types of pc boards.
Organized with excellent communication skills, that has worked independently under general
supervision of engineering department. Responsible for all aspects of PCB design department. Strengths include developing dense analog and high speed digital boards with complex design requirements.
• Principal designer for Trinix Router System the top revenue-producing product.
• Self-taught UNIX and developed scripts to automate documentation process.
• Instituted a feedback procedure for board fabricators and assembly houses to document
issues during processes, which reduced board proto cycles.
South Jordan, UT
Printed Circuit Board Designer Ball Aerospace Broomfield, CO
2015 to Present
Design of prototype & feasibility study boards, power supply and control boards.
Autocad 2014 for fabrication and assembly drawings
Orcad schematic capture
RF board design
GerbTool – gerber verification
Printed Circuit Board Designer Abbott Laboratories Irving, TX
2013 to 2014
Design of control panels, controller and IO boards, using Cadence Concept and Allegro
Sr.CB Designer Grass Valley Salt Lake City, UT
1980 to 2012
Formally known as Thompson / Phillips / Bosch
Sr. Printed Circuit Board Designer Grass Valley
1980 to 2012
Designed all PC boards in Salt Lake City facility since 2000. Designated contact for PC board fabricators handling details, questions and special instructions. Created all drawings and files necessary for fabrication and assembly of PC boards. Designed in inches or metric. Worked with engineers to create schematics and mechanical designers to make changes as necessary in the design cycle.
Design of multiple types of pc boards i.e.:
Two layer front panels
Single and double-sided assemblies
Mixed technology – surface mount and thru hole
10 – 28 layer low and high speed backplanes
4 – 12 layer audio and video I/O boards
18 layer boards with analog and high speed digital design – multiple 1500 pin bgas and ddr
General Studies, Electronics technology Brigham Young University
General Studies Bakersfield College
Other Relevant Skills
• 15 years using Cadence Concept/Allegro
• Understanding of basic electronic principals
• Ability to create and update schematics
• Library creation – schematic components and pcb footprints
• Knowledge of constraints – ability to determine and enter in pcb layout
• Impedance control, Differential pairs, Timing issues
• Matched lengths, DDR layout, clocks
• OrCad experience
• Autocad experience
• RF Design Experience
• Design experience with module and sub-blocks
• Analog and High Speed digital layout – 3gbt rates
• Audio and video designs
• DFM usage in component placement
• DFX import and export
To contact this candidate email email@example.com