Tucson, Arizona | email@example.com | www.linkedin.com/in/gilbertoreyna
Quality Engineering | Business Cost Improvement
Innovative Quality Engineer with extensive experience in multiple organizations, including international
experience, focused on quality in a manufacturing environment. Proven track record of leadership in
Manufacturing and Assembly Processes, Product Qualification and Process validation. Known as a leader
with excellent troubleshooting and process development skills.
Areas of Expertise
APQP, PPAP, FMEA, CP, RCCA, 8D, and FAI
ITAR, NADCAP & Mil-SPECS
IPC-A-610D/620D and UL Requirements
AutoCAD, Minitab, Discus
Bilingual English / Spanish
Celestica, Tucson, AZ
Familiar on: AS9100, ISO13485, TS16949
Knowledge on AS9102B, AS9145, ASME Y14.5M
Problem Solving for Hard Quality Conditions
Six Sigma Green Belt
MS Office proficiency
2017 to 2018
Celestica Aerospace Tucson is a leader in critical systems and components for Commercial, Military,
Defense and Space Aviation. The site performs manufacturing, test, upgrade, and repair of electronic
engine controls & sensors, and cabin pressure control systems.
Senior Supplier Quality Engineer
Responsible to assist in the change of control activities with the manufacturing operations at Honeywell
Tucson site and Celestica operations. The emphasis of the role was to provide expert analysis, guidance
and support to continue with manufacturing activities.
• Assisted with customer quality related issues for the Cabin Pressure, Quartz and Fuel Control areas
to implement process improvements and to having reduced customer PPMs to below 1000.
• Managed all quality related activities with over 500 approved suppliers leading in reduction of 85%
of issues due to supplier or MRP system conflicts at the receiving inspection process.
• Managed suppliers with quality concerns and monitor Supplier KPIs to achieve company
expectations of 100 PPM (3 MMA), PPMs reduced to 350 by QN analysis and suppliers RCCA
• Managed the component configuration in the MRP system with Customer Quality requirements and
conditions (Honeywell Aerospace SPOCs).
• Assisted Supplier with Root Cause & Corrective Actions (RCCA) and Request for Material Review
Action (RMRA) in order to improve Customer’s On-time to Requirements (OTTR) and quality related
• Assisted suppliers with customer engineering specifications that will not allow them to continue
with manufacturing activities.
Crane Aerospace and Electronics, Burbank, CA
2016 to 2017
Crane Aerospace and Electronics is a leader to supply critical systems and components to the Aerospace,
Defense and Space markets for Sensing Systems, Fluid Management, Power Solutions, Landing Systems
and Cabin Systems.
Senior Supplier Quality Engineer
Hired as part of Supplier Quality Engineering Team at Burbank facility to provide expert analysis,
guidance and support to suppliers in process improvement activities, including effective use of problem
solving tools / techniques and statistical analysis.
• Coordinate with customers and suppliers related quality performance, trends, and provide
recommendations for corrective actions.
• Verify compliance and effectiveness of the quality system by performing supplier audits and surveys
and drive supplier performance.
• Work with suppliers to refine and enhance products and processes by applying continuous
improvement and key manufacturing, production principles, and techniques to assure quality of
goods and services provided.
• Assisted strategy development team for product transference with new suppliers.
• Assist in the reduction of COPQ related to Suppliers MRB issues by 70%.
Sensata Technologies, Vista, CA
2015 to 2016
BEI Kimco Magnetics, a division of Sensata Technologies, designs and manufactures custom precision
linear and rotary Voice Coil Actuators and Brushless DC Motors.
Senior Quality Engineer
Hired to lead complex assignments and quality activities for the Vista CA R&D facility and to provide
support at two manufacturing facilities located in Moorpark CA and Mexico.
• Managed all quality related activities to maintain the R&D facility Quality Management System.
• Manage and reviewed of new contracts, T&C and agreements for new customer designs.
• Reviewed and participate in new designs and prototypes activities.
• Assisted medical, aerospace and military customers with product/process validations required for
mfg facilities and the correction of quality related issues by failure analysis.
• Assisted in the reduction of 85% of customer complains for all facilities.
B/E AEROSPACE, INC
2010 to 2015
B/E Aerospace is the worldwide leading manufacturer of aircraft passenger cabin interior products for
the commercial and business jet aircraft markets.
Lead Quality Engineering team focused on key customers’ (Boeing and Airbus) requirements for their
main clients and programs (i.e. Asiana, Emirates, Etihad, Japan Airlines, etc.).
• Implemented an innovative set of plans addressing Quality Inspection, Supplier and Internal First
Articles Validation resulting in a reduction of 70% on customer complaints.
• Developed AS9102 Lab FAI process execution in order to speed customer approvals process,
including AS9100C Conformity Certification by DNV on September 2013. Lead quality team for FAA
DAR/DER conformity of KAL Seat Program.
• Improved and manage document control process on all different stages delivering a 98% of time
efficiency acquiring and providing documentation to customers and auditors. Develop and lead the
implementation of quality inspection plans for all different manufacturing processes including
incoming inspection resulted in 80% customer complains reduction.
• Reduction achieved of 99% MRB inventory control; process development and introduction of
suppliers quality management system audits, resulting of 80% performance increase of key
• Assist in the resolution of quality and manufacturing issues reported from customers, related to
manufacturing process and supplier’s components resulting in process improvements.
• Develop and implement Incoming inspection process with 3 level inspection (Skip lot, Dock to stock
and certifies supplier) providing an increase of 80% parts flow and optimization of resources.
• Implemented& train suppliers with implementation of AS9102 FAI process.
NUWAY SPEAKER PRODUCTS
2004 to 2010
Managed and lead a quality team for two major automotive customers (BOSE and HARMAN/BECKER).
This included implementing lean manufacturing techniques in current manufacturing process, methods
and improving MSA, reducing customer complaints and increasing productivity and efficiency.
ITT Industries Cannon Division
Supplier Quality Engineer
Liaison and Quality Assurance Engineer
EDUCATION AND DEVELOPMENT
Master of Business Administration, Technology Management
University of Phoenix, Campus Nogales, AZ
Bachelor of Science, Electronic and Industrial Engineering
Technologic Institute of Nogales, Nogales, MX
Internal Auditor: ISO-9000-2000; and AS9100D
Product Validation Seminar
ASQ Seminary on CMQ/OE & CQE
Green Belt Certification/Lean Manufacturing, University of Michigan
Kaizen and 5S
Dimension and Tolerance (ASME Y14.5M-1994)
2002 to 2004
1999 to 2002
Experience BACK TO TOP
Job Title Company Experience
Sr. Supplier Quality Engineer Celestica Ltd – Present