GREGORY ALAN CLITES
4411 Cumberland Highway
Meyersdale, PA 15552
West Virginia University, Morgantown, West Virginia (l977-1982).
• Master of Science (12/82) in Mechanical Engineering with Solid Mechanics as field of specialization.
• Bachelor of Science (5/81) in Mechanical Engineering, Magna Cum Laude. A general program spanning a broad range of mechanical engineering principles.
Structural Analyst, Orbital ATK Company, ABL Operations. Rocket Center, WV
(7/01 to 12/15).
• Structural and thermal analysis of solid propellant rocket motor assemblies and components for the defense industry via finite element modeling techniques.
• 2D (axisymmetric) and 3D finite element models created using ABAQUS CAE solid modeling software. ABAQUS software used as the solver. Post processing of the results in ABAQUS CAE.
• Technical lead responsibilities on given programs.
• Component design modification recommendations based on results.
• Results captured in reports written utilizing Microsoft PowerPoint and Word with graphical results generated by Excel as required.
• Presentations given to internal and external customers in PowerPoint format to satisfy design review requirements.
Note: Took advantage of a voluntary layoff at Orbital ATK during 12/15 in order to pursue other career interests.
Engineering Manager, Oxygen Concentrator Group. The DeVilbiss Company (Sunrise Medical HHG Inc.) Somerset, PA (9/91 to 7/01).
• Supervision of the seven member oxygen concentrator engineering group toward the development of new products, improvements and maintenance of existing products for both the domestic and international home health care medical markets, including specific models for Europe and Japan.
• Development of product specifications based on market requirements. Directed the design of oxygen concentrators housed in injection molded cabinetry and related products from concept to production using a phased product development system.
• Team leader of cross-functional design teams involving representation from engineering, purchasing, quality, manufacturing, tooling, finance, and marketing.
• Process FMEA considerations for supplier and in-house manufacturing operations.
• Correspondence with vendors, tool shops, manufacturers, industrial designers, and international affiliates. Domestic and international travel.
• Preparation of budgets, schedules, project work assignments, manpower allocations, and status reports.
Project Engineer, Oxygen Concentrator Group. The DeVilbiss Company, Somerset, PA (10/87 to 9/91).
• Supervision of five employees toward the design, modification, and technical analysis of new and existing oxygen concentrator designs.
• Worked with a researcher at the University of Cincinnati towards the development of new methods of O2 generation.
• Frequent correspondence with international affiliates, domestic marketing, component vendors, and concentrator dealers.
Additional Work Experience Available Upon Request
• Named inventor on US Patent No.: US 6,393,802 B1 May 28, 2002, “Cylinder Filler for Use with an Oxygen Concentrator”.