5047 Briarledge Rd. email@example.com
Syracuse, NY, 13212 (315) 560-2131
University at BUffalo, The state University of New York
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical EngineeringGPA: 3.25/4.00 Expected May 2016
– Heat Transfer – Manufacturing Processes
– Machines and Mechanisms – CAD Design
– Fluid Mechanics – Mechanics of Materials
– Dynamic Systems – Thermodynamics
OBG – Syracuse, New York June 2015-August 2015
Position: Mechanical Engineering Intern
• Assisted with the 3D modelling of mechanical parts and assemblies for heat treatment furnaces, using Autodesk Inventor and Vault software.
• Responsible for drafting fabrication and assembly drawings used for part fabrication and assembly; also assisted with documentation and tracking of drawing status for formal engineering drawing release.
Engineering Design Group Project Fall 2015
• Designed a mandrel disposal system for a pneumatic rivet gun.
• Designed original components, and created 3D models of these parts using Creo Parametric/Simulate 2.0 software.
• Created a prototype of a key component using a 3D printer, and tested the part.
• Presented idea during a class presentation to classmates and faculty.
Outcome: Learned about different steps and methods involved in the design process. Work in a team environment which required delegation of responsibilities, communication, and compromise. Used CAD software to create design components.
Wood Splitter Analysis Spring 2015
• Collaborated with a team of five to analyze a wood splitter.
• Using a load estimate, the stresses on the critical components were calculated, and static and fatigue failure theories were used to solve for the factors of safety.
Outcome: Learned how to analyze a mechanism, how to work on a group project which required coordination and communication, and how to prepare a professional report, which was required at the end of the class.
design Software: Creo Parametric/Simulate 2.0, Autodesk Inventor and Vault
Calculation Software: Matlab
Office Software: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Personal motorcycle maintenance, repair, and modification work.
• Personal car maintenance.
PART TIME WORK EXPERIENCE:
Wegman’s Food Markets – Syracuse and Buffalo, New York June 2010 – Present
Position: Helping Hands
BACK TO TOP
O’Brien & Gere Business Services, Inc
BACK TO TOP
Current Career Level:
US – I am authorized to work in this country for any employer.
Target Job Title:
• Mechanical Engineering