Electrical Engineer / Controls
Gustaf Lindquist Controls/electrical engineer interested in PLC programming, building
integration, and LabVIEW development.
•• M.S. Mechanical
Engineering, University of Employment History
Minnesota, Twin Cities Innovent Air Handling Equipment
•• 3.84 graduate school GPA Controls/Electrical Engineer II (August 2015-present)
•• B.A. Physics/Music, Controls Engineer I (April 2014-August 2015)
•• Math minor • Create and maintain customized electrical schematics and PLC programming for control
•• 3.7 undergraduate GPA of industrial HVAC equipment.
• Generate bills of material.
Skills and Experience
•• PLC programming • Provide support on both phone and site for unit troubleshooting, startup, and building
o Carel (1tool/cSuite) integration.
o BacNET • Provide continuing process improvements.
•• Software development
• Review submittals and generate control sequences based on customers’ requirements.
o Java (J2EE)
o Powerbuilder (w/PFC) Graduate Work
o Visual Basic University of Minnesota, Twin Cities
•• Teaching assistant, tutor
•• MS Office
•• Database administration • Designed Brownian Dynamics simulation to build virtual thin films to investigate packing
density and roughness as a function of particle distribution parameters. Publication
Competencies submitted and pending.
•• Excellent written and • Built components for and maintained filtration design web application software.
skills • Designed prototype Gasoline Particulate Filter
•• Collaborative Problem
Solver • Designed automated (LabVIEW) reverse pulse cleaning system and used for analysis of
•• Works well in teams filter media.
• Completed coursework in fluid mechanics (theoretical and computational), aerosol
engineering, controls, and numerical methods.
• Passed PhD qualification oral exams focusing on Fluid Mechanics, Thermodynamics, and
• Advised by Dr. Christopher Hogan, Jr and Dr. David Y. H. Pui.
Teaching Assistant, University of Minnesota, Twin Cities
• 1/14-6/14 – Fluid Mechanics (lead TA)
o Present weekly recitations
o Write problem and solution sets
o Grading assignments and exams
o Hold regular and flexible office hours
• 9/13 – 12/13 – Aerosol Engineering (lead TA)
o Similar duties to those for Fluid Mechanics above
• 1/12 – 5/12 – System Dynamics and Controls
o Similar but less involved duties to those courses above
Independently employed tutor
From the years 2009 to 2011 I supplemented my income as a tutor for high school and
college students. Subjects taught included Physics, Calculus, Differential Equations, basic
(high school) Chemistry.
Independently employed music teacher
Having taught my first trumpet lesson in 1992, I have intermittently taught small numbers of
students since. Typically I only hold 1 or 2 students, but at my peak I held 14 students.
Prior employment and accomplishments
Charter Solutions, Inc.
• Provided consulting services in the health insurance, marketing and transportation
industries. Key projects included:
o Developed and maintained client-server software for a major health insurance
provider. Application provided numerous reports and kept track of clients, claims, and
o Assumed a lead roll in developing queries and reports as needed by company
o Developed and maintained educational and training software for a confidential client.
Harmonic Systems, Inc.
• Software developer for a business to business development company. Responsibilities
o Maintained software for monitoring credit card transactions for various clients.
o Constructed database driven login system to assign users varying degrees of
functionality depending on their level of security access.
Independent Consulting and Entrepreneurial Experience
• Constructed a unique cribbage game (using RealBASIC, an object oriented IDE) and
integrated product registration coding and an online vendor to handle purchase
transactions and issue registrations.
• Performed ad hoc system support, consulting, and program development for clients and
• Toured from 2003-2011 as a professional musician.