Guy Shepard Resume
Rutland, MA 01543
Customer Focused and Continuous Improvement Minded Leader with 16+ Years Experience in Biopharmaceutical Tech Services and Engineering specializing in Information Management.
Jun 2014 – Present (Boston, MA)
Contract Engineer for Aztec Technologies Inc. working at Vertex Pharmaceuticals Incorporated GxP Annex.
• Support GxP Master Data implementation of Maximo CMMS version 7.5.
2010 – May 2014 (Devens, MA)
Lead – Engineering Records Group (ERG) at Bristol-Myers Squibb Biopharmaceutical Manufacturing Facility:
• Managed the site drawings as an Subject Matter Expert (SME) using current good manufacturing practices (cGMP) including flow drawings for the site Master Filing for regulatory agencies like the FDA, EMA and Rest Of World.
• Worked with site engineering groups and Quality Assurance (QA), to conduct electronic change control (eCC) and Engineering Change Orders (ECO) to update from AS-BUILT changes found in the field.
• Processed project drawings into site Master drawings for life cycle control as well as worked with A&E’s to solicit proposals for Outsourced CAD projects.
• Managed CAD drafters and drawing information by creating and maintaining ERG metrics via a homegrown Access db.
• Administered an Electronic Document Management System (EDMS) called Quasar by McLaren Enterprise Engineer while working in a project with Global Engineering Services to replace Quasar with the latest EDMS from Autodesk called Vault.
• SME for MS SharePoint site called SCOPE for project collaboration, Quasar, Vault and Centric Project 10.
• Used Syncade DCA system to update/review/approve and technical write SOP and Work Instructions and worked in Trackwise QMS to execute Quality Events and CAPAs.
• Supported many customers like Maintenance, Plant and Operations Engineers to maintain the site adherence to Global and Industrial standards by Training the customers how to use Quasar and Vault in a classroom setting and by developing Computer Based Training module for desktop training.
2008 – 2010 (Devens, MA)
Lead in Asset Management at Bristol-Myers Squibb:
• Managed the dynamic data of Maximo by creating all initial Job Plans and PM master records
• Created work flows for Work Orders using mobile devices loaded with Syclo to support training and enhance the site culture using Maximo EAMS versions 4.1 and 6.2.
• Responsible for creating queries using SQL to extract data and create reports and metrics from db tables.
• Created links in Maximo to scanned documentation in external repositories
• Supporting the System Admin with the core EAM modules like Assets, Inventory and Calibration
• Managed Direct reports and Trained site in Maximo.
2004 – 2008 (Syracuse, NY)
Maximo Syracuse Site System Administrator at Bristol-Myers Squibb for version 4.1
• Maintain CMMS with responsibilities of creating and adding new user accounts, tracking training of users, maintaining training curriculum for Maximo system in Syracuse, creating changing SOP’s and Job Plans, conducted audits of work orders via Crystal Reports and SQL queries,
• Support inspections from auditing agencies like the FDA and House Canada, worked with Global Shared Services to stay current with standards, best practices and alignment of strategies,
• Lead a hand held device for Work Orders pilot program for the site using Symbol handheld devices
• Supervised staff to create change control of master data and tracked labor hours in Maximo, worked to bring in Linked document functionality to the Maximo and managed the site uniform laundry service.
1998 – 2004 (Syracuse, NY)
HVAC Technician at Bristol Myers Squibb
• Responsible for the installation, maintenance and operation of industrial and commercial heating, air conditioning, ventilation, refrigeration and controls systems.
• Responsible for chemical treatment equipment and systems. Rotated in a 4 man 24 hour on call basis. Skills in schematic reading, electrical trouble shooting also operated and diagnosed energy management and building control systems. Universal Refrigeration License. Aerial Lifts trained/Experienced.
1984 – 1989 (Norfolk, VA)
U.S. Navy Machinist Mate- Served on submarines and worked in the Nuclear Repair Facility on the sub tender the L.Y. Spear and was responsible for the upkeep and operation of Hydraulic, HPAC and Auxiliary Equipment systems. Fork lift trained.
• Excellent verbal and written communications, Good Documentation Practices (GDP), cGMP in a manufacturing setting, Department Supervisor/Lead.
• Proficient at Electronic Change Control (eCC) and Engineering Change Orders (ECO) from a Technical Services context, Validation of Computerized Maintenance Management (CMMS) and Engineering Document Management Systems (EDMS), Technical Project Support, Clean Room Gowning Trained, Train the Trainer Qualified, MS SharePoint 2007/2010, MS Project, AUTOCAD and Vault Professional 2013, SQL writing, Crystal Reports 2010.
• Advanced computer skills in MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Access 2007.2010 db, AUTOCAD 2008, Maximo 4.1 and 6.2, Syncade (DCA), Trackwise QMS, Adobe Pro v.9 and McLaren Enterprise Engineer 3.14.
Worcester Polytechnic Institute (2009 – 2012)
MS in Bioscience Administration- Graduated from WPI (Drug Regulations, Fermentation, Project Management, Drug Safety, Drug Purification, Protein Purification, Risk Management, Scale Up Bioprocess, Managing Innovation and Negotiations ).
Columbia College (1999 – 2005)
B.S.C.I.S- Graduated from Columbia College with Cum Laude honors with a B.S. in Computer Information Systems (C/C++, Visual Basic, Assembly Language, Database, Office apps., SDLC, Accounting, Business Finance etc.).
Building Control Systems (2000)
Seminar training for: Johnson Controls; Siemens Building Controls; Delta Controls; Anemostat; Environmental Growth Chambers and Environmental Specialties Inc.. Also was taught operator and trouble shooting proficiencies.
Carrier Training School (2000)
Centrifugal Chiller Tech I (Curriculum covered all Carrier centrifugal chillers and all their engineering specs.).
BEST (Behavioral Evaluation Safety Team) Steering Committee (1999-2001)
BEST member (Created CBI’s and gave Buy In meeting presentations in power point, helped shape the Best Culture and performed numerous safety observations).
Air Conditioning and Refrigeration I, II, and III (1992)
BOCES Adult Technical Training Center (general refrigeration principals, theory and trouble shooting).
U. S. Naval Training Centers: 1984-1989.
Quality Assurance and Controlled Material School (QA and Cont. Mat. Theory and practical apps.). Basic Aux. Equip. Package Course (Valve maint., pump maint., submarine hydraulic system theory and maint., high pressure air theory and operation, R- 12 refrigeration systems, maint. and operation.), Sub School(submarine sys. theory and application.), Machinist Mate “A” school (general valve, pump, tank, lubricants, systems, and tools theory and applications.)
Arlee High School (1980-1984)
College Prep – Arlee High School
Arlee, MT 59821
References available upon request.